Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please new to dsl and already having problem

Please new to dsl and already having problem

OK just a heads up its SBC yahoo and it says 1.5 mbps

Ok yes im new to all this but im not a idiot. There are filters on all phone jacks and the two satelite recievers ($22 extra bucks for two more filters). Anyways since ive had it i cant stay connected for a full day! It will disconnect at least 5-6 a day AND evening. So me and the sbc techies have been the best of friends as of late!

They try and run signal strength remotely to my house but they say the networks busy and cant test it

So today while im at school a tech guy is coming to my home outside not in. (an extra $60 i shouldnt have to spend

And i need any advice you all can give
    Cause you dont wanna see a midget angery! (hints the name)!

Please

Make sure you did not put a filter between the comp and the modem and between the modem and the splitter.

Also ensure there are no cordless phone nearby your modem. Use a line phone if one is needed.

There is none the closest cordless phone is in the living room about 20ft. away. and i only put filters on the phones and satelitte recievers.
    Any other ideas?

Post a TCP Analyzer report and do a tracert to www.yahoo.com.

Ok im a little dumb how the hell do you do that?

The link to TCP Analyzer is at the bottom left of the main page of this website. Click on the link and the report will be displayed.

To do a tracert, click 'Start' and then 'Run'. Type "cmd" into the box and click 'ok'.

A DOS black screen will appear. Type after the C:\>

tracert www.yahoo.com

and press enter key

When test is completed, move mouse cusor to the DOS black screen, click right and choose 'select all'.

Move mouse cursor to the Quick Reply box of this forum, click right and 'paste'.

Ok i will when i get home. And what will this actually accomplish?

and i have to computers one with vista and one with 200pro. Does it matter which one i use?

Quote Originally Posted by weedancer View Post
    and i have to computers one with vista and one with 200pro. Does it matter which one i use?
    Do the one with 200pro.

Welp problem solved the idiots
    at the phone company finally fixed a bad wire we had outside and everythings been working now

finally get to play Counter-Strike Woot!

Thanks Trogers for your help!

SOB its doing it again! WTF! it worked all last thur. fri and sat. then sunday night it started screwing up again!

If I ask just to cancel there internet what can they do in return cause i signed up for a year but if there internet keeps doing this thats BS!

weedancer it sounds like the modem may have an internal error. If you have another modem I would try it or ask the isp for an exchange, I'm not positive but hey its worth a shot.

Thanks man well ANOTHER tech guy is coming out this afternoon at least i can talk to this guy. Anyways i was on the phone with 2nd level last night and they said that it could be just my modem so if thats the case then they said they would replace which im hoping thats it.

I really do appreciate all the help thanks all

well my internets kinda working its really weird cause now its disconnecting like late at night at like around 2 am? So thats really weird. its working all day and then around then its disconnecting? Anyother ideas?

Are you using a router? If you are you can try bypassing it and if it resolves the issue it could be a router configuration or something.

no im using the modem and its screwing up. I have no clue what to do

What the hell! Now its screwing up like every twenty minutes! Damnit i just wanna play WoW

Trogers any other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by weedancer View Post
    Thanks man well ANOTHER tech guy is coming out this afternoon at least i can talk to this guy. Anyways i was on the phone with 2nd level last night and they said that it could be just my modem so if thats the case then they said they would replace which im hoping thats it.

I really do appreciate all the help thanks all
    Get the ISP tech to bring along a new modem with his laptop to test your line. It may be that you do need a new modem.

Ok man I really appreciate your help im gonna see if he will i'll keep you up to date on everything. Thanks Again.

Advanced Member
    Hmm.. Does anyone around your area have the same ISP and Modem?.. if they're not having problems at all then for sure it's your modem..