Thread: Any one know of any security software for PC?

Any one know of any security software for PC?

OK so heres my problem: I have to share my comp because its a family one but I am the main person or admin you may say, I keep it running and maintain it.
    So I want to know if there is any way I can lock up the history and cookies (In IE) so now one can go and delete it, like in the internet options.
    Thanks!
    One time when me was high, me sold me car for like 24 chicken McNuggets. -Ali G

Each user has his own History, Cookies, Temporary Internet Files in his user dir at docuuments & settings/username/*. Login your account & delete those dirs of other users, they will get recreated next time that user logs on and starts Internet Explorer. You can safely delete these dirs:
    History, Cookies, Temporary Internet Files, Recent, Temp. If delete Temp you must create a new dir named Temp, Windows won't auto-create it.
    No one has any right to force data on you
    and command you to believe it or else.
    If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

LRH

Quote Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
    Each user has his own History, Cookies, Temporary Internet Files in his user dir at docuuments & settings/username/*. Login your account & delete those dirs of other users, they will get recreated next time that user logs on and starts Internet Explorer. You can safely delete these dirs:
    History, Cookies, Temporary Internet Files, Recent, Temp. If delete Temp you must create a new dir named Temp, Windows won't auto-create it.
    Thats the problem I only have one account so I don't need to make more. (doesn't that take up more memory on hard drive?)
    What I want to know is if I can lock up some serting things like I said above ^.
    Is it possible?
    Thanks for the reply!

No, it doesn't take up more memory.
    You can set user polices and regulate what other users can do, but if you only have one account then any policy you make also affects you too! My solution would be to get myself my own comp and admin the family comp when it needs fixin.
    No one has any right to force data on you
    and command you to believe it or else.
    If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

LRH

Quote Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
    No, it doesn't take up more memory.
    You can set user polices and regulate what other users can do, but if you only have one account then any policy you make also affects you too! My solution would be to get myself my own comp and admin the family comp when it needs fixin.
    OK thanks!
    Ya I'm gonna build my first comp in April coz I'm tired of sharing the family comp and its old from 2003 and I reely want a better comp.