Thread: BSOD part 2

SG Enthusiast

BSOD part 2

It started a couple of weeks ago with 2 bsod and I didn't think anything of it so I just rebooted my PC. Since this last weekend all my computer would do when booting up is get to the XP screen and reboot. This happened repeatedly so I took it to my school PC tech and he told me he checked all the HW and couldn't find anything wrong and it was the OS. So when I got home, I used the repair option on the Xp cd and finally got back to my desktop so I thought all was well and good.

That was Thursday, since then the following has happened, "a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.

If this is the 1st time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps.

Check to make sure any new HW or SW is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your HW or SW manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problem continues, disable any new HW or SW. Disable bios memory options such as shadowing or caching. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press f8 to select advance startup options and then slect safe mode."

Technical info Stop: 0x000000f4 (0x00000003, 0x8218d530, 0x8218d6a4, 0x805d1140)

Should I do as it says to do or can I wait for more tech help from the forum on what could be causing this issue? Can I please get some help with this issue from more experienced people who may have dealt with this problem before? I would greatly appreciate it.

I just booted my PC to get back to the desktop. I then left the room for a half hour and came back to the following message without touching my pc, ""cliet MAC addr: 00 17 76 5a ed dd guid: 2f43329b cea3 11da9943 0012febb946pxe-e53: no boot filename received.

PXe-m0f: exiting intel boot agent. No bootable device - insert boot disk and press any key"

I did that and I came back with the same error so I booted pc back to normal."

Now today, I just got the following error"Here's the info ""a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.

If this is the 1st time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps.

Check to make sure any new HW or SW is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your HW or SW manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problem continues, disable any new HW or SW. Disable bios memory options such as shadowing or caching. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press f8 to select advance startup options and then slect safe mode."

Technical info Stop: 0x0000007a (0xc07c1720, 0x0000000E, 0xf82e4384, 0x1c5fb860)

Should I do as it says to do or can I wait for more tech help from the forum on what could be causing this issue? Can I please get some help with this issue from more experienced people who may have dealt with this problem before? I would greatly appreciate it.

In between my last BSOD's I have completely re-installed windows XP. If any of you guys have any suspicions would you say this is OS or HW related, please?

Please help me out on what is causing this. I appreciate any help.

SG Enthusiast
    Guys, Can I please get some help with this?

Almost everything I find from googling 0x000000f4 says its probably RAM.

And only like 1 link suggests its not hardware and calls it a standby problem, but you cant even get to windows to get into standby.

http://www.memtest86.com/memtest86-3.2.iso.zip

Thats a link to a CD image of memtest, open it with nero, or open nero and go to File > Open > look for all file types > find the downloaded file and open it > Burn.

Then have bios set to boot to CD and have the CD in there, you should get an all blue screen with writting on it and it will automatically start testing the ram, errors will be put on the bottom half, a few are normal, a lot are bad, especially tests 5 and 6.

SG Enthusiast
    YOs, I am using memtest and I have run it for over an hour and through 8 passes no errors. I brough it to school last monday and called them on thur. and he said it is NOT a hw prob but I've had the computer for less than a year and I've had various troubles with installing vaious OS's on it and lately last 3 weeks I've had4 to 5 BSOD. If you were me what would you do?

Oh, by the way we had to buy our PC's through the school.

Is it under some kind of warranty? If so I'd take it back to smart tech guy with the OS disc and tell him to install it, if theres no hardware issue he should be able to do it easy.

SG Enthusiast
    I can install the OS and use it for a while and I get the BSOD. It should be under warranty because just about all the people in HW by there computers through the school which is a bunch. Does it make sense to run ramtest all night?

Nah if its fine now then I'd say the memory is fine.

How quickly after the install did you get all the updates on it?

SG Enthusiast
    Someone on another forum suggested I need to re-install all the updates so I suppose i will try that to. It did seem like service pack 2 installed quickly and if I remember correctly that is over 1000Mb, am I correct on that?

74-100 megs

i thought it was about 250-280MB
    amro.co, github.com/amro

The full downloadable install is 282 but if you do it from windows it never seems to need more than 100ish.

i would start swapping components and running it for a while with each one removed or temp replaced till you completely rule out HW.

Smithfield, New South Wales, Australia, Australia
    If you have 2 memory chips, try removing one and start it and then add the other one after giving it a good try and then see if that happens again. I would say that there IS a problem with your Memory regardless fo what that programme says.