Thread: burning music CD

burning music CD

how come when i make a audio CD from MP3 when i play the CD whatever player i use has no titles for the songs ?

doesn't matter if i use nero 6 or windows media player, it happens on both.

am i missing something really simple ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    how come when i make a audio CD from MP3 when i play the CD whatever player i use has no titles for the songs ?

doesn't matter if i use nero 6 or windows media player, it happens on both.

am i missing something really simple ?
    Hi Mark. I just taking a stab in the dark at this.

It could be one of two issues or both. I don't have a way to try and duplicate your problem.

First, the software, you have to have have CD Text enabled. I'm not sure if this will also port your mp3 tags onto the CD.

Secondly, your CD player has to have a CD Text feature.

Maybe someone else can weigh in on the first part.

Hi Mark,

Are you using the Nero Enterprise option for copying a cd or burning a new one? Do you have music match plus on your machine? If you do...set a home made cd to playing, then right click on any one of the songs that is showing on the player list...it does not matter whether it is showing a title or an actual name...scroll to make a cd lable in the menu. After that opens, go to browse at the top left of the menu showing now ie background, several other choices too...I believe it is...and click open. Pick a picture you like...and click open. It will then show you not only the imagine you chose...but all the song titles as well. Neat little program! It can be editied several different ways from that point. Hope this helps, and it written so as not to be too confusing! Good luck to ya!
    Last edited by MissTynker2; 02-10-07 at 03:26 PM.
    Mystical Folding Minx

The mp3 files must also contain info (mp3 tags) for the song. The file name alone is not enough. In WMP7 you could rt click/properties an mp3 and edit the tags, not sure abot later versions.
    No one has any right to force data on you
    and command you to believe it or else.
    If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

LRH

Quote Originally Posted by MissTynker2 View Post
    Hi Mark,

Are you using the Nero Enterprise option for copying a cd or burning a new one? Do you have music match plus on your machine? If you do...set a home made cd to playing, then right click on any one of the songs that is showing on the player list...it does not matter whether it is showing a title or an actual name...scroll to make a cd lable in the menu. After that opens, go to browse at the top left of the menu showing now ie background, several other choices too...I believe it is...and click open. Pick a picture you like...and click open. It will then show you not only the imagine you chose...but all the song titles as well. Neat little program! It can be editied several different ways from that point. Hope this helps, and it written so as not to be too confusing! Good luck to ya!
    Sounds like a bandaid, this would only work on the system he does this on then?

Mark, other people with nero 6 have done it, I never could, works fine on nero 7 for me though.