Thread: Bsod

SG Enthusiast

Bsod

Hi, I've had the following happen to me 3 times in the last couple of weeks here is the error message I am getting the past 3 times "a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.

If this is the 1st time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps.

Check to make sure any new HW or SW is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your HW or SW manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problem continues, disable any new HW or SW. Disable bios memory options such as shadowing or caching. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press f8 to select advance startup options and then slect safe mode."

Technical info Stop: 0x000000f4 (0x00000003, 0x8218d530, 0x8218d6a4, 0x805d1140)

Should I do as it says to do or can I wait for more tech help from the forum on what could be causing this issue? Can I please get some help with this issue from more experienced people who may have dealt with this problem before? I would greatly appreciate it.

thank you

PS the os is XP

SG Enthusiast
    When I walked a way from my computer it was working. Came back in a half an hour and I was looking at a screen of

"cliet MAC addr: 00 17 76 5a ed dd guid: 2f43329b cea3 11da9943 0012febb946pxe-e53: no boot filename received.

PXe-m0f: exiting intel boot agent. No bootable device - insert boot disk and press any key"

I did that and I came back with the same error so I booted pc back to normal.

Can someone please help me out with these issues or recommend some ideas on what I should do. I apprecaite any help.

maybe your nic is acting up, try throwing in another one and disableint that one?

Quote Originally Posted by 24giovanni View Post
    When I walked a way from my computer it was working. Came back in a half an hour and I was looking at a screen of

"cliet MAC addr: 00 17 76 5a ed dd guid: 2f43329b cea3 11da9943 0012febb946pxe-e53: no boot filename received.

PXe-m0f: exiting intel boot agent. No bootable device - insert boot disk and press any key"

I did that and I came back with the same error so I booted pc back to normal.

Can someone please help me out with these issues or recommend some ideas on what I should do. I apprecaite any help.
    Disable the boot from PXE option in BIOS. It may also be labelled "boot from network" or something...
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post

There are idiots everywhere.

At work, in forums, in poetry classes, everywhere!