Thread: Stumped on Bonding / Teaming. Please Help

Stumped on Bonding / Teaming. Please Help

I am trying to figure out the best way to merge two T1’s into one wan connection. I have a Cisco 1841 with dual T1 Wics but this is expensive and a pain to configure. I was thinking about using my ISP’s t1 routers and hooking in the linksys box that has dual Wans?.? I am also wondering if I can achieve the same thing using a server with a dual port Intel nic (as the wan) and a second nic for the lan. What do you think?

Also, does anyone know if there is any way to actually BOND two broadband connections with out buying a 10K “fatpipe” device?

Thanks!!!

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Personally I'd take the dual WAN router approach. However...with T-1's..you have to make sure the edge equipment that your T-1 ISP uses...has ethernet out, instead of serial...so you're sort of at their mercy here.

For true "bonding"...you need to also have your ISP support that multi-link, else, you're devices can really only load balance/failover.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Thanks for the reply. That is the way I was leaning as well. I know all our t1's have Ethernet out. This is how we are using them now. The problem is that we are overloading a couple of them and need to add more bandwidth. I guess this should solve it......Just for my knowledge, why wouldn't you try it using a PC with 2 wan nics and 1 lan nic?

I'm getting ready to post another thread on Gateway devices, or network controllers. I have experience using Valuepoint (not always stable) and Nomadix controllers (to expensive). I am considering using a server instead....the only question is which IOS...what software.....proxy...etc. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks!