Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Roster

  1. #1
    Tortoises R0cks :D Rivas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,248

    Lightbulb Roster

    .
    Last edited by Rivas; 01-28-07 at 02:43 AM.
    To be human is to choose.


    It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

    - Emiliano Zapata

  2. #2
    Tortoises R0cks :D Rivas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,248
    .
    Last edited by Rivas; 01-28-07 at 02:43 AM.
    To be human is to choose.


    It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

    - Emiliano Zapata

  3. #3
    Should we all try to be online for pre-game practice an hour before a match?

  4. #4
    Mental Metal Minister Jamie_R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    10,452
    I think that's a good idea ... since Foamy's not here tonite, I may try to get "Mrs. Absolution" to play during the practice
    .

    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

  5. #5
    Tortoises R0cks :D Rivas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,248
    updated
    To be human is to choose.


    It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

    - Emiliano Zapata

  6. #6
    Mental Metal Minister Jamie_R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    10,452
    .

    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

  7. #7
    Tortoises R0cks :D Rivas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie_R View Post

    W0000000000T
    To be human is to choose.


    It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

    - Emiliano Zapata

  8. #8
    Riva, you going to start up a server with the Fearless Soldiers maps at 5:00 PST?

    Think I'll start by cracking up the "Cole Train" rap song before the match.

  9. #9
    Tortoises R0cks :D Rivas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,248
    Quote Originally Posted by floodmaster View Post
    Riva, you going to start up a server with the Fearless Soldiers maps at 5:00 PST?

    Think I'll start by cracking up the "Cole Train" rap song before the match.
    Match is at 6:00pm PST

    It's gonna be running at 5:00pm PST
    To be human is to choose.


    It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

    - Emiliano Zapata

  10. #10
    Tortoises R0cks :D Rivas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,248
    Updated
    To be human is to choose.


    It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

    - Emiliano Zapata

  11. #11
    Tortoises R0cks :D Rivas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,248
    Sorry guys, I dont have time for this

    360 is recreation for me not life style, I do have some responsibilities and I cant play all day long.
    Our last match is today at 5:00pm PST
    I cant give leadership to anyone else, it's not letting me, the only way out is wiping out the clan.

    You can't delete your account until all accepted challenges have been played or removed by an admin.
    Last edited by Rivas; 01-27-07 at 04:33 PM.
    To be human is to choose.


    It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

    - Emiliano Zapata

  12. #12
    Tortoises R0cks :D Rivas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,248
    I sent 2 email's to Administrators asking them to remove me and appoint Floodmaster as a leader.If it happens I will leave.
    This way the clan could be saved I HOPE.

    Dont challenge anyone meantime.


    Thank you.


    Account deleted.
    Last edited by Rivas; 01-28-07 at 02:44 AM.
    To be human is to choose.


    It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

    - Emiliano Zapata

  13. #13
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    757
    Perhaps you should've set your limit rivas. I limit my clan to only a certain amount of clan matches per week depending though as my clan is in multiple games and I appoint leaders so that I don't have to lead a certain side of the clan all the time perhaps more organization would've saved the clan. I'm still figuring out how to do the whole multi-game clan on gamebattles.com as there might be some conflicts then again though I'm appointing leaders for each side of the clans so the leaders will be the ones playing not me (if i'm currently busy with something else or busy with another clan match) but I must say that you should really try doing the clan stuff again rivas it's really fun if you have it organized limiting the clan matches per week or whatever it may be.. I know for a fact I wont be playing more than 1 clan match one any single day if I got challenged on the same day for something else then I would just go ahead and re-schedule it so that it be on the next day or the next avail. day and time I think thats what really bugs some people but I say if they can't deal with it.. leave the clan.. it's as simple as that.. I set my thing so that it says to plan any clan matches 1 week ahead of time so that gives us more than enough time to figure out who'll be avail. to play and that'll give them the time they need to practice and such. =)

    http://gearsofwar.xbox360.gamebattles.com/stats/15739
    Last edited by pinguinosupremo; 01-28-07 at 07:36 PM.

  14. #14
    Tortoises R0cks :D Rivas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,248
    Quote Originally Posted by urielconsolo View Post
    Perhaps you should've set your limit rivas. I limit my clan to only a certain amount of clan matches per week depending though as my clan is in multiple games and I appoint leaders so that I don't have to lead a certain side of the clan all the time perhaps more organization would've saved the clan. I'm still figuring out how to do the whole multi-game clan on gamebattles.com as there might be some conflicts then again though I'm appointing leaders for each side of the clans so the leaders will be the ones playing not me (if i'm currently busy with something else or busy with another clan match) but I must say that you should really try doing the clan stuff again rivas it's really fun if you have it organized limiting the clan matches per week or whatever it may be.. I know for a fact I wont be playing more than 1 clan match one any single day if I got challenged on the same day for something else then I would just go ahead and re-schedule it so that it be on the next day or the next avail. day and time I think thats what really bugs some people but I say if they can't deal with it.. leave the clan.. it's as simple as that.. I set my thing so that it says to plan any clan matches 1 week ahead of time so that gives us more than enough time to figure out who'll be avail. to play and that'll give them the time they need to practice and such. =)

    http://gearsofwar.xbox360.gamebattles.com/stats/15739
    Yah it was the organization and my fault because I rushed into it too fast without thinking.
    I was told I was the one who let the clan down, and it came from person (current leader) who is completely unresponsible and immature.
    Oh well ...
    Looking at the current stats, nothing has changed, they are playing against clan with 57 won matches, it doesnt make sence.

    I have old clan under different username, lemme know if you are interested for some "friendly fire"
    To be human is to choose.


    It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

    - Emiliano Zapata

  15. #15
    Riva, what is your deal??

    As far as not making any sense, another clan, that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!! You gave up on us way to quick, yet you feel the need to comment on our decisions and our matches. Your reasons for not being a part of everything fall short, since it seems like you still give the game and (our clan) a little too much attention. Actually, for your information our match went extremely well considering, having to go to a tiebreaker, 2 matches a piece. LordzOfWar are ranked no. 7, so we are definitely ok with that. We are only sure to get better as we grow as a team!! Now as far as being immature and irresponsible, who's the one making personal attacks via a public forum, disbanning a clan of "friends" without notice, demoting members based on ridiculous notions, and making false accusations Hmm??
    Also in regards to the whole leadership issue, I believe that you were in this position not so long ago. So you of all people should know better than anyone my thoughts on that, so look at the facts. You also know that it has to be filled by someone in order to run, and I was the last resort, anyone can have the position, it's merely a title, the clan is a team and we are all equal. Remember you were our first choice, but you had other plans!!

    And we will continue to challenge clans of high quality, because that is a part of becoming a better team, it's not only about winning, it's about improving the game!!! All the Best Riva

  16. #16
    Tortoises R0cks :D Rivas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,248
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRarelyHonest View Post
    Riva, what is your deal??

    As far as not making any sense, another clan, that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!! You gave up on us way to quick, yet you feel the need to comment on our decisions and our matches. Your reasons for not being a part of everything fall short, since it seems like you still give the game and (our clan) a little too much attention. Actually, for your information our match went extremely well considering, having to go to a tiebreaker, 2 matches a piece. LordzOfWar are ranked no. 7, so we are definitely ok with that. We are only sure to get better as we grow as a team!! Now as far as being immature and irresponsible, who's the one making personal attacks via a public forum, disbanning a clan of "friends" without notice, demoting members based on ridiculous notions, and making false accusations Hmm??
    Also in regards to the whole leadership issue, I believe that you were in this position not so long ago. So you of all people should know better than anyone my thoughts on that, so look at the facts. You also know that it has to be filled by someone in order to run, and I was the last resort, anyone can have the position, it's merely a title, the clan is a team and we are all equal. Remember you were our first choice, but you had other plans!!

    And we will continue to challenge clans of high quality, because that is a part of becoming a better team, it's not only about winning, it's about improving the game!!! All the Best Riva
    I didnt gave up on you, I had other things to deal with, I was unable to talk with my wife because I was playing GoW all day long, rl friends, bills, upcoming surgery and the list goes on.
    I have priorities and I'm not kid anymore, so yes I choosed real life instead of 360.Life is like a piece of music, and you are the only composer, remember it kid
    To be human is to choose.


    It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

    - Emiliano Zapata

  17. #17
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by rivas View Post
    Yah it was the organization and my fault because I rushed into it too fast without thinking.
    I was told I was the one who let the clan down, and it came from person (current leader) who is completely unresponsible and immature.
    Oh well ...
    Looking at the current stats, nothing has changed, they are playing against clan with 57 won matches, it doesnt make sence.

    I have old clan under different username, lemme know if you are interested for some "friendly fire"
    Well I know you don't get anything for winning a clan match against another clan that is 10 ranks higher than you.. so it is kind of pointless there since if one continues to do that then they will never rank.. assuming that was their goal...

    Leadership around there is well... needed.. in game it's about teamwork.. on gamebattles.com.. well it depends on the clan really.. like my clan i need someone who knows what it's like to have a busy schedule and not have time to play 24/7.. even though I don't really do anything.. no school.. no work.. no nothing.. I am busy doing other things such as making my clans website and forums.. either that or im doing freelance work around the area fixing peoples computers (rarely).. along with construction (rarely) but most of the times i'm sitting at home doing nothing... just living life.. but that doesn't mean I nec. want to play at the current time.. it's like one says.. there's a time to play and there's a time to work..

    As for winners by default why not just sign up for http://www.mlgpro.com/ and go ahead and find some more challenging people and play with them and beat them.. and you earn money even doing so.. you'll find even more challenging matches im sure...

    I created my clan just to have fun.. to be able to play with friends more often than normal.. it was never to become something so serious and major.. if I was to make it major and something to serious than I would've signed up for MLG to begin with.. but enough of that.. I wouldn't want to start any flaming here.. and lock poor old rivas thread here..if it did get locked at least it wouldn't be his TTL thread.. hehe..

    Hey riva i sent ya a message on XBL that we're interested in some "Friendly fire" just give us a date and time.. and remember to schedule at least 3 days ahead.. i'll tell ya if anyone would be avail to play.. if you're talking about gamebattles.com for this clan under an old name of yours.. then don't challenge us just yet until I know i have everyone.. then we can set something up on there.. hehe... but if you want to do it unofficially.. that's fine too..

    You can't keep a good dog down!..

  18. #18
    Tortoises R0cks :D Rivas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,248
    Quote Originally Posted by urielconsolo View Post
    Well I know you don't get anything for winning a clan match against another clan that is 10 ranks higher than you.. so it is kind of pointless there since if one continues to do that then they will never rank.. assuming that was their goal...

    Leadership around there is well... needed.. in game it's about teamwork.. on gamebattles.com.. well it depends on the clan really.. like my clan i need someone who knows what it's like to have a busy schedule and not have time to play 24/7.. even though I don't really do anything.. no school.. no work.. no nothing.. I am busy doing other things such as making my clans website and forums.. either that or im doing freelance work around the area fixing peoples computers (rarely).. along with construction (rarely) but most of the times i'm sitting at home doing nothing... just living life.. but that doesn't mean I nec. want to play at the current time.. it's like one says.. there's a time to play and there's a time to work..

    As for winners by default why not just sign up for http://www.mlgpro.com/ and go ahead and find some more challenging people and play with them and beat them.. and you earn money even doing so.. you'll find even more challenging matches im sure...

    I created my clan just to have fun.. to be able to play with friends more often than normal.. it was never to become something so serious and major.. if I was to make it major and something to serious than I would've signed up for MLG to begin with.. but enough of that.. I wouldn't want to start any flaming here.. and lock poor old rivas thread here..if it did get locked at least it wouldn't be his TTL thread.. hehe..

    Hey riva i sent ya a message on XBL that we're interested in some "Friendly fire" just give us a date and time.. and remember to schedule at least 3 days ahead.. i'll tell ya if anyone would be avail to play.. if you're talking about gamebattles.com for this clan under an old name of yours.. then don't challenge us just yet until I know i have everyone.. then we can set something up on there.. hehe... but if you want to do it unofficially.. that's fine too..

    You can't keep a good dog down!..
    See that's my point in previous post
    It's not flamming, just changing opinions, his priority is GoW, my priority is life.
    And of course it's pointless playing against clan with 57 won matches, but NO it's about quality

    I will let you know penguin I'm really busy atm and have to fix quite a few things first.

    Playing only during night atm for 2-3 hours ranked matches only.
    I'm sure FoamyX and Jamie would be interested in joining your clan since they do play for fun.If you accept them

    All the best
    To be human is to choose.


    It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

    - Emiliano Zapata

  19. #19
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by rivas View Post
    See that's my point in previous post
    It's not flamming, just changing opinions, his priority is GoW, my priority is life.
    And of course it's pointless playing against clan with 57 won matches, but NO it's about quality

    I will let you know penguin I'm really busy atm and have to fix quite a few things first.

    Playing only during night atm for 2-3 hours ranked matches only.
    I'm sure FoamyX and Jamie would be interested in joining your clan since they do play for fun.If you accept them

    All the best
    Life over leisure... work over play.. etc.. etc.. =P
    I know i wouldn't be challenging anyone waay beyond our rank..for 2 reasons.. 1. complete pwn4g3.. 2. we'd never go up in ranks if we went up against people 10 ranks above us..

    my clan isn't taking anything too seriously.. at least i hope not.. but they just want to be up in the ranked area for a change.. lol..

    Take your time Riva there's no rush here.. haha.. as much as a friend of mines.. really wants to tag you.. 'cause I told him you were a nader.. and he's a nader too.. so he wants to do this whole nader vs nader thing.. oooh... the suspense!..

    I'll accept anyone Riva.. As long as they're not an 455h0|3 and take the clan stuff waaay too seriously.. and if they're a good team player.. don't need any rambos in the clan.. you're more than welcome to join my clan as well Riva.. even if you only have 1-2 days to actually play during the week.. or even just a couple hours.. so hey if we have a clan match during that time i'll be sure to go ahead and ask if you want to be a part of it.. doesn't quite matter to me.. my co-leader for the GoW clan.. he's only really avail during the weekends.. after 10PM GMT-04 so it don't quite matter.. it's all good..

    we will continue to challenge clans of high quality, because that is a part of becoming a better team, it's not only about winning, it's about improving the game!!!
    After reading this it seems like my clan isn't worth your attention since you're only about 'quality' matches reading from your previous post. Have fun playing quality matches, loser by default.
    Last edited by pinguinosupremo; 01-30-07 at 03:19 PM.

  20. #20
    first of all i already have said winning isnt everything , we play clan matches because of the intensity of the match , not because we want to improve our rank , it sounds like your a bit more serious about it then us , "work before play" , you said you dont work , all you do is make a website for your clan that hasnt played a match , we never claimed to be better i challenged them because he was on friendslist , i found out after they were rank 7 and obviously you didnt read the full post we held good ground against them it was 2 maps to 2 and required a tie break , ps . pwnage isnt a word

Similar Threads

  1. Rooster Tail
    By Lefty in forum Digital Media and Photography
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-18-06, 09:34 AM
  2. Don't Mess With Old Farts!
    By axtrader in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-09-06, 08:18 PM
  3. Happy New Year !
    By Shinobi in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-09-05, 10:20 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •