Thread: Anyone get an E 74 error with their 360 once?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Anyone get an E 74 error with their 360 once?

I got an error when I turned on my 360 last night and I wasnt paying attention to the red light pattern (I saw that on support site that if you watch the red light, it goes in a pattern (ex. 1, 2, 3, 4) and that is what you can use to id the error)

It happened when I used the controller to turn on the xbox (hold the middle button), but I dont think that has anything to do with it.

But after I reset the 360 it worked fine, should I be concerned or dont freak out until it happens again?!

I know if it does again ima watch the light and then im calling support

I think it's hard drive not 100% sure.
    My hard drive was dead, I called MS and next day I had new one.
    They never gave me return label even tho the lady told me I have to return it so it's sitting here.What i'm pissed about is, there were all my saved games from project dark zero, Dead Rising and so on.

Google it.
    To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=484726

E74: AV cable error... There is a problem with the AV cable, try using a different AV cable. (this could also be a problem with the internal AV encoder chip)

ooops I was wrong, been too lazy to google it, thanks YOS

- Emiliano Zapata

Hi guys, I never had this error before but I had the 3 red lights twice. It was a big trouble for me and I have searched through all the web trying to find a solution. Finally I found a very good solution for my problem and I saw they have a solution for the E74 error

I hope it helps

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Lamfxs View Post
    Hi guys, I never had this error before but I had the 3 red lights twice. It was a big trouble for me and I have searched through all the web trying to find a solution. Finally I found a very good solution for my problem and I saw they have a solution for the E74 error

I hope it helps

Good luck
    I got 3 red lights and nothing on TV ..it was dead.
    Called ms ...did you do this and that ..of courtse I did so I did it one more time and he said hw failure.
    I went to futureshop and exchanged it for new one.
    No questions asked, nice customer service.

- Emiliano Zapata

just got the e74

I was playing GTA (43%completion) and noticed the screen looking terrible- I saved, turned off my console, turned it back on and had the message.
    I immed put in a work order with MS and then called them for troubleshooting-

the troubleshooting apparently is to send you a return mailer and send it back. sucks man- big time.

Quote Originally Posted by messiah View Post
    I was playing GTA (43%completion) and noticed the screen looking terrible- I saved, turned off my console, turned it back on and had the message.
    I immed put in a work order with MS and then called them for troubleshooting-

the troubleshooting apparently is to send you a return mailer and send it back. sucks man- big time.
    That happened to me 3 months ago...I was in the middle of Halo-Live - sux bad... After trying the towel method a few times, it got me going for about 20 minutes and crapped out again. I however got desperate and got one of those do-it-yourself guides. And long and behold - it worked! I am still pissed off with Microsoft for wasting my time as this is not suppose to happen...Anyhow, good luck with your problem.
    BTW..If you are gonna try the fix it guide, reserve at least an hour of your time to do this...I am a girl, but with a little help with my brother, we were able to get it going in just over an hour....Good Luck...