Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Announcement: going to clean up myself again

Announcement: going to clean up myself again

I'm gonna go for another try at staying clean.

What I have left - that's the end. I'm gonna put it up today, just in case I need it.

I had about a year going until I snapped this summer.

I don't like the direction I'm starting to go in.

Quitting the smoke will be a challenge.

I started using it again to feel no pain. Now that my interest in women is returning, I can't honestly tell myself I need it anymore... time to stop! As for the times when I trip out, I was practicing walking away from the source of irritation, and just dealing w/ the day long chemical imbalance that follows (unless I smoke) Then I'd hope to wake up feeling good in the morning. Usually I felt better after sleep. So I can't justify the smoke for anger therapy either. I need to see a friggin dr as soon as I get insurance and have 'em run the tests and determine what's wrong w/ my brain. Need a permanent job first...

That will prolly help to fix brain. I hope.

The no drinking is not a problem, I've done well w/ that. I'm gonna allow myself a rare beer or shot. If a drink acts as a gateway once, then it'll be- not even a rare drink allowed.

Aside from my getting back to that personal goal I was working on, there's another good reason to knock it off already.

I'm not counting on it all, but it is possible I might get offered a job where I'm assigned now. They drug test. I hear they give a 30 day heads up before the test, so I'd have to be a complete retard to not start getting my chit together again now.

Any decent job will test, which is what I should be looking for, so it's a no-brainer. But... I need fix brain. Maybe not so simple.

btw, I have no intention of pursuing the young gal I saw at work. Too young for me, too fine looking, wearing a ring (I only had a millisecond to scope her hands w/o being obvious) and I think I learned my lesson about getting involved (or interested), in women at the workplace.

But I am glad that the sight of a nice face and body gave me a badly needed wake up call. Something no words could achieve. I feel much better.

I also started having issues w/ myself saturday... God and stuff... so I'm ready to tackle another try at clean life today. By the time I wake up for work Monday, I'll be on the path to being clean.

I hope!
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post

There are idiots everywhere.

At work, in forums, in poetry classes, everywhere!

Uninsured for your health
    Good luck man! You can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Rivers Designs
    America! Love it or give it back!

If eye stop by half, maybe think life is worth living 4, I can help you, I have extra

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Paft View Post
    Good luck.

Eye awa din it 4 U, I.m fine, big on no sinling, and ox-why-gen,

Folding?

Cisco, Paft

Thanks for the support.

Day 1!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Haggis View Post
    If eye stop by half, maybe think life is worth living 4, I can help you, I have extra
    I see you've been following my threads

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Haggis
    ...Folding?
    lol, that is another thing I want to get back to. Lost all my rigs this summer except this one. An AOpen AX6BC-EZ Slot 1 P2 originally, upgraded w/ a BIOS flash to a 700 Mhz P3 I j/p'd. Got a bunch of services turned off and it's still kinda slow.... I can't fold w/ it.

I'll be folding again eventually...

Good luck

You know you did it before.........you can do it again and it will be well worth it. Just don't go back to it if life throws you a curve ball. Stay strong, go forward. There are reasons for everything. You are a lot stronger than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
    Just don't go back to it if life throws you a curve ball.
    Everyone says that, but its the knuckle ball that knocks ya on your ass and sends you back.

I say give it a try cuz you can use the money for luxory items liek FOOD AND WATER

But when ya get on your feet again and have a home, dont forget about your pas, you dont wanna give up the chance of hooking up at AA meetings. Never feel bad about taking advantage of AA people, remember, you're doing them a service, cuz the more you're doing them, the less chance they have to drink!

This has been a public service message brought to you by YoS and paid for by Chaos and Anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Good luck
    Thanks bro.

... Just don't go back to it if life throws you a curve ball. ...

Thanks Debbie.

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Everyone says that, but its the knuckle ball that knocks ya on your ass and sends you back. ...

That is soooo true

YoS, it's really not a money issue, it's a fix me issue. I have a hookup from an old friend. Lately I've gone home w/ oz's for $40. I hear the going price here in the burbs is around $160 per that. It's too easy for me to get caught up.

I hate AA meetings. Prolly because I was forced to go. What I did for myself, I did myself. I'll keep an open mind tho, I'd be a retard to not consider that. Good suggestion bro. Thanks.

Its a money issue and a fix yourself up issue. In your case money could ease a burden that could bring you back to the "dark side" and the only place the "dark side" is cool is in star wars, cuz they shoot lighting!

Its a money issue and a fix yourself up issue. In your case money could ease a burden that could bring you back to the "dark side" and the only place the "dark side" is cool is in star wars, cuz they shoot lighting!
    hmmmm....

ya know what? you're right.

The other thing that's gonna stop is cigarettes. That's another waste of $ money too, and worse for my health. good ghetto health=$$$

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to YARDofSTUF again."

lol

It's going to be a pain in the ass. And the only advice I can offer you is that when something really pisses you off, and you want that drink or bowl, do the following:

Go for a walk. No really, just go for a walk. Humor me and try it just one time. While going for the walk, commit to:

A) seeing how long you can go before you give in and
    B) NOT ending the walk early to go do so.

If you have an ipod or music player, put it on, and go walk at least a mile, say 15 minutes out, and 15 minutes back.

Dunno about you, but I'm always surprised at what a 30 minute walk will do to my mood. It seems a simpleminded thing to do, but it lets you physically work out your frustration and keeps you away from the mood altering stuff.

Generally speaking I'm stomping for the first 10 minutes (damn bunny rabbit better GET outta MY way!) and by the time I'm strolling back up to my house it's all "Hello little bunny!". Very weird, what can I say. Walking off the irritation really does seem to help, and it's not like it will cost you anything to try.

Just try it once. It's really best if you have an ipod or fm radio you can listen to once you calm down some and are more or less just walking.

Regards,
    -Bouncer-

Working off the anger by walking, along with oxygenating the body is always a good thing. I do it myself. It does work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
    It's going to be a pain in the ass. And the only advice I can offer you is that when something really pisses you off, and you want that drink or bowl, do the following:

Go for a walk. No really, just go for a walk. Humor me and try it just one time. While going for the walk, commit to:

A) seeing how long you can go before you give in and
    B) NOT ending the walk early to go do so.

If you have an ipod or music player, put it on, and go walk at least a mile, say 15 minutes out, and 15 minutes back.

Dunno about you, but I'm always surprised at what a 30 minute walk will do to my mood. It seems a simpleminded thing to do, but it lets you physically work out your frustration and keeps you away from the mood altering stuff.

Generally speaking I'm stomping for the first 10 minutes (damn bunny rabbit better GET outta MY way!) and by the time I'm strolling back up to my house it's all "Hello little bunny!". Very weird, what can I say. Walking off the irritation really does seem to help, and it's not like it will cost you anything to try.

Just try it once. It's really best if you have an ipod or fm radio you can listen to once you calm down some and are more or less just walking.

Regards,
    -Bouncer-
    Sounds good. I will try it at least once. Can't hurt and won't cost me anything. Thanks for the feedback Bouncer.

Working off the anger by walking, along with oxygenating the body is always a good thing. I do it myself. It does work.
    How do I oxygenate my body? Or do you mean walking oxygenates the body?

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoside View Post
    How do I oxygenate my body? Or do you mean walking oxygenates the body?
    It is a form of exercise. Not only does it oxygenate the body, but your brain will secrete endorphins into your bloodstream.

I need to get back to my hour walk every night. I remember, after an hour, I had a runners high from the endorphins.

It will help you stabilize and keep balanced.

Also, believe it or not, walking is a form of meditation.

Also, believe it or not, walking is a form of meditation.
    its also a form of a good nights sleep when you work nights!