Thread: A few question

A few question

Sorry for the bad grammer from before

I getting ready ever once in a while. But I think that dual too bad host connection and plus they live in england. I was reading post and he had the same ISP provider TVScable and he had alot of lag. I did a routetrace got 1 hop is that good? Plus could some one explain the what hop means. I would also Like to know how to get the most out of my router it is a Dlink 4300 gamer lounger. I have set up the gamer fuel. I would also like to know how to get the most out of my Hotbrick dual wan rounter. yes I have 2 isp connection 1 dsl 3.0 Meg DN 286 up
    1 cable connection 6.0 Dn 512 up. I also need help on how to figure out how to set up 2 router running into the hotbrick wan router a dlink and linksys with a xbox 360 hook to each of them. I tryed to before but was unable to get 2 xbox 360 too connect when I tryed one would connect the other would not or one would connect as soon as the other would connect the other would discount
    Last edited by S8 wraith; 01-03-07 at 07:38 AM.

Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar
    i had a hard time understanding most of that post. HOwever what i got was you want to get more speed out of your connection to game people further away (diff country right?)

YOu also mentioned hop count, which is how many routers the packets take to their destination (you wont be able to change this if that is the route they take!)

There is only so much you can do about slow connections. YOu have to make sure you have a fast connection on your end, and he has one on his end. Everything in the middle is up to the infrastructure in between you guys' ISP's.

Once again i couldn't really understand you much but i hope this helps some.
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

J B K M

Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!

hey thank for the help I retype my question. so it was more understandable.

Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar
    from what i read your cable connection should be more than enough for gaming. Make sure that nothing else is feeding off that connection while playing. Sometimes i get lag if im gaming while my wife is downloading something. Usually not but sometimes.

Im not too familure with your router, maybe someone else can help with that. If you did a traceroute and only had one hop between you and him then you must be pretty close and that shouldn't be the problem. 1 hop count would be a good thing.
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

J B K M

Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!

I did a tracerount with my pc and 360 both on and while play and dl still the same 1 hop. and a ttl value of 64. I all ways have my pc on while playing. I did have lag when I use a linksys router. but I switch to the dlink I dont have much lag with it. I may have been the host the wasnt strong enought to host the game that was causeing the lag.
    Thank RoscoPColtrane for the help