Thread: Xbox 360 Games

Xbox 360 Games

I am planning on buying the xbox 360 premium console. I dumped console gaming a few years back but found that a lot of games are much more enjoyable with a controller in a la-z-boy. So I will be playing multiplayer games on my PC and single player games on my 360.

Here is my list of games so far, hoping you guys might be able to add a few to it...

1. Gears of War
    2. Perfect Dark
    3. Halo 2 & 3
    4. Call of Duty 4
    5. Quake 4

What else is a must buy? A few of them are still pretty expensive So I will buy the ones you can get for liek $30 first and wait for the other on my list to drop in price. If I buy in time I will get advanced warfighter for free. If I like that I'll buy Rainbow Six Vegas.

Also, what is the best way to get money for your xbox? I have it, extra controller and about 18 games I don't want. Should I just ebay it?

Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar
    Don't compare GRAW with rainbow, both are GREAT games and are must haves but R6 is definatly more advanced and in my opinion changes everything about how tactical games need to be done. It is close to perfect in controls. Skip perfect dark and a couple other games, R6 should be on the top of yoru list. GoW is pretty good and there are NO better graphics. Gameplay is hit or miss, some love it, some play it until they touch R6 and never go back!
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

J B K M

Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shagster View Post
    I am planning on buying the xbox 360 premium console. I dumped console gaming a few years back but found that a lot of games are much more enjoyable with a controller in a la-z-boy. So I will be playing multiplayer games on my PC and single player games on my 360.

Here is my list of games so far, hoping you guys might be able to add a few to it...

1. Gears of War
    2. Perfect Dark
    3. Halo 2 & 3
    4. Call of Duty 4
    5. Quake 4

What else is a must buy? A few of them are still pretty expensive So I will buy the ones you can get for liek $30 first and wait for the other on my list to drop in price. If I buy in time I will get advanced warfighter for free. If I like that I'll buy Rainbow Six Vegas.

Also, what is the best way to get money for your xbox? I have it, extra controller and about 18 games I don't want. Should I just ebay it?
    GOW is the best game ever.
    People who complain about getting stuck or not enough strategy etc etc are just n00bs.Once you master the skills you are unstopable.
    In R6 you cant even see your opponent it's so pixelated.
    GoW is number 1 game played on XBOX LIVE and R6 is number 9 ....go figure.

You should get Dead Rising, NHL2k7, COD3, Star trek Legacy.
    Multiplayer Games are way better on console, believe me.
    I host 98% of the games on 25mbit connection, no lag, everything is in sync.
    Dont forget on XBOX LIVE GOLD, once you try it you will never play multiplayer game on PC
    To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata

I don't like hockey. I will get Advanded War Fighter with my xbox 360 for free unless the deal goes away. I have never liked any clancy games I've played but I still try them when they come out.

I really don't care much for online play with consoles but since I will get it for free for a time I might try it. I know a bunch of halo nuts. It kinda annoys me using a controller when I am a keyboard/mouse guy. Only problem is my router is in another room. Is the 360 wireless?

I'll try out Star Trek legacy. I am a star trek nut after all. I hope to find a good rental place in town. I avoid blockbuster like the plague since they are a ripoff!

I am not paying $60 for a game. I will wait until I find it for $40 or cheaper. I don't plan on playing the syste A LOT. It is just a quick escape when I don't feel like interacting with others. Like sitting down to goldeneye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivas View Post
    GOW is the best game ever.

That statement is screaming "FAN BOY!"

GoW is FAR from the best game ever. I've yet to talk to anyone, except you, that has NO complaints about it.

And if you can't see people in rainbow its because you are too busy being killed!

ALL IN GOOD FUN!
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

J B K M

Quote Originally Posted by RoscoPColtrane View Post
    That statement is screaming "FAN BOY!"

GoW is FAR from the best game ever. I've yet to talk to anyone, except you, that has NO complaints about it.

And if you can't see people in rainbow its because you are too busy being killed!

ALL IN GOOD FUN!
    All my friends are playing GOW, Star Trek Legacy and only you with Gemini are in R6, and I have maybe 45 people added.
    Of course i'm fan but you cant beat the facts, GOW number 1 and R6 number 9 on XBOX LIVE.

- Emiliano Zapata

I'm not great with the controller. I got on xbox live to play halo 2. Got my ass kicked. Knew if I had a keyboard and mouse instead of the controller I would own. Kinda annoying.

A friend of mine was the same way, couldn't get used tot he controller for FPS'ers. Play a while and you will be fine. My advice is to kick the sensitivity down until you are used to it, then work your way back up to higher sensitivity. Alot of the time the sensitivity is too high for games by default.

Riva, you are saying because a game has higher amount of people playing it is a better game? I would say better advertising, better graphics help it out alot. Its all about what you prefer. If you like running and gunning then GoW may be for you (halo 2 is still better for this, halo 3 should own all run and gun games) personally i love stalking someone waiting for their mistake and putting 1 round through their head to end them. I love the tactics of R6 but i have been playing these games since the original on pc.

Do you think because you play GoW it might explain why all your friends play it? Likewhise becasue i play R6 the majority of my friends list is R6!

Let me know when GoW patch comes out, i will try to pick it up again!

John

J B K M

A friend of mine was the same way, couldn't get used tot he controller for FPS'ers. Play a while and you will be fine. My advice is to kick the sensitivity down until you are used to it, then work your way back up to higher sensitivity. Alot of the time the sensitivity is too high for games by default.

Riva, you are saying because a game has higher amount of people playing it is a better game? I would say better advertising, better graphics help it out alot. Its all about what you prefer. If you like running and gunning then GoW may be for you (halo 2 is still better for this, halo 3 should own all run and gun games) personally i love stalking someone waiting for their mistake and putting 1 round through their head to end them. I love the tactics of R6 but i have been playing these games since the original on pc.

Do you think because you play GoW it might explain why all your friends play it? Likewhise becasue i play R6 the majority of my friends list is R6!

Let me know when GoW patch comes out, i will try to pick it up again!

John
    Yeah, I agree, he has to get used to the controller.
    John with controller you can be way faster compared to keyboard+mouse dont you agree ?
    I also agree we have to disagree on GOW, You do stalk people over there but instead of bullet (unless you are good sniper) I use chainsaw.
    Yes I'm saying if game has higher amount of people playing it's better game, it's same with TV shows or MMORP games.Not enough people tv show/game is shut down.
    You know GoW is not about running, it's about tactics, no matter how good players you got on your team if your opponent choose good tactic your team is meatwiesel.
    It's not about better graphics or better advertising, it's about raw action.It's brute game.

Of course I will let you know Johny boy, say Hi to Jen !

- Emiliano Zapata

sounds good man! I'm still not saying GoW is a bad game, its just bad timing for me to enjoy it! R6 Vegas is my favorite R6 since Rogue Spear and that is high on my favorite game of all time list!

Luckily i can use both controller and keyboard/mouse for FPS, not sure which i prefer....sure is nice to sit in front of a 50 inch tv and enjoy high def gaming though!

J B K M

sounds good man! I'm still not saying GoW is a bad game, its just bad timing for me to enjoy it! R6 Vegas is my favorite R6 since Rogue Spear and that is high on my favorite game of all time list!

Luckily i can use both controller and keyboard/mouse for FPS, not sure which i prefer....sure is nice to sit in front of a 50 inch tv and enjoy high def gaming though!

See, different people different taste
    You like R6, I like GoW.
    I know you have been playing it on pc for a looooong time.

I'm pretty sure we will meet in some match again ...btw what about NHL ?
    Not playing with Detroit, I did that just to piss you off , I hate that team, FLAMES GOOOOOOOOO FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMES !

- Emiliano Zapata

The rumors of the price drop and 65nm redesign are killing me. No dates but I am paranoid of a price drop AND improved console being just around the corner!

Another Vote for R6 Vegas. That game Is like a free time sucker. I can sit there a long time playing that game, Its fantastic.
    She's presenting like a mandrill!

I wouldn't worry about the price drop for a while, especially since the ps3 has all but flopped. There isn't much "want" for the ps3 other than the sony fanboys out there. I think 360 is gonna run away with this generation of consoles. Microsoft is still losing money on every console sold, they are selling, so why would they price drop? not like they have to try to move them. Heck you can't even find a ps3 or wii right now.

Now the upgraded hardware has me intersted....

J B K M

Perfect Dark $29.99
    Quake 4 $29.99
    Halo 2 $29.99

Halo 3 $59.99
    Gears of War $59.99
    Call of Duty 3 $59.99
    Prey $59.99

As they drop from $60 to $30 or $40 I will pick them up.

I am hitting myself for not just buying all of them from buy.com with google checkout!!!

A price drop won't be happening anytime soon, and the chip redesign has been pushed back, so I wouldn't hold out for it at this point.

go to gamestop, Prey is now only 29.99 used. If you have a card that is only 26.99 , not too bad for that game,even though i hear it is a bit short.

J B K M