Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 73

Thread: Saddam Is Saddone!

  1. #1
    NYC Newbie Slayer Prey521's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Humble, Tx
    Posts
    34,934

    Saddam Is Saddone!

    Just confirmed on the news!
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

    "Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"


  2. #2
    Official Photographer Dakota's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Vancouver, Wa
    Posts
    5,694
    Yup. As of about 9:57pm EST.

    Correction: Looks like about 10:05 pm EST.
    Last edited by Dakota; 12-29-06 at 10:33 PM.
    We Remember...
    9|11
    40 miles SW of Mt. St. Helens

  3. #3

  4. #4
    resident Humboldt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    27,831
    Arab TV stations report Hussein hanged

    Former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein has been executed, according to two Arabic language media outlets. Earlier, an Iraqi judge told CNN Hussein would be hanged before dawn on Saturday in Iraq, (10 p.m. Friday ET). The former president was convicted of crimes against humanity in connection with the killings of 148 people in Dujail
    looks that way

  5. #5
    Official Photographer Dakota's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Vancouver, Wa
    Posts
    5,694
    The immensely sad thing about all this is there are so, so many people on the planet with so, so much hate. That hate is hideously worse than any nuclear weapon, bomb, bullet, rock or stick.

    But, this kind of hate and genocide has been oddly consistent through the existence of mankind on this planet. How is it that a child is born and then commits such massive killings? How does a person grow up like that? That just baffles my mind.

    Saddam deserved his execution, but I am beside myself that people like this exist and can execute so, so many people that look to him for governing.

    It does not get more sick than that.

    An extremely more sad point is there are many, many more like Saddam out there wishing death, violent, horrible death upon many people.

    Strikingly sad.
    We Remember...
    9|11
    40 miles SW of Mt. St. Helens

  6. #6
    Shiney Happy People sito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    The land of the more free than you are
    Posts
    7,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
    The immensely sad thing about all this is there are so, so many people on the planet with so, so much hate. That hate is hideously worse than any nuclear weapon, bomb, bullet, rock or stick.

    But, this kind of hate and genocide has been oddly consistent through the existence of mankind on this planet. How is it that a child is born and then commits such massive killings? How does a person grow up like that? That just baffles my mind.

    Saddam deserved his execution, but I am beside myself that people like this exist and can execute so, so many people that look to him for governing.

    It does not get more sick than that.

    An extremely more sad point is there are many, many more like Saddam out there wishing death, violent, horrible death upon many people.

    Strikingly sad.
    It all starts when they're too young to understand and/or draw their own conclusions from what they've seen and experience. Take away any alternative viewpoints and a monster is born. Add some greed and power along with that hate and voila! My 2 cents.

    Oh, add lack of education of the world in there too.

    He sucked anyway.

  7. #7
    Forum Techie A_old's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    10,663
    sad but i'm glad he's gone. that guy was ruthless.

  8. #8
    Ohh Hell yeah.. Sava700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    24,052
    good now maybe we can pull out of Iraq.. wasting too many lives and tax money over there.. let them take care of it like they took care of him.

  9. #9
    Shiney Happy People sito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    The land of the more free than you are
    Posts
    7,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Sava700 View Post
    good now maybe we can pull out of Iraq.. wasting too many lives and tax money over there.. let them take care of it like they took care of him.
    Maybe by 2010 you'll get your wish.

  10. #10
    Moderator David's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Nova Caesarea
    Posts
    9,356
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by sito View Post
    It all starts when they're too young to understand and/or draw their own conclusions from what they've seen and experience. Take away any alternative viewpoints and a monster is born. Add some greed and power along with that hate and voila! My 2 cents.

    Oh, add lack of education of the world in there too.

    He sucked anyway.
    Typically, we know what we are told. It is why any of us can make suppositions without bearing witness.

    Hell_Yes

    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

    "Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

    It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

  11. #11
    Certified SG Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    29,514
    I'm finding the giddy glee from Americans over this execution to be pretty disgusting. Cheering?

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by Burke View Post
    I'm finding the giddy glee from Americans over this execution to be pretty disgusting. Cheering?
    Burke, not many things i agree on that you post but this one i will agree with you 100%.

    Sito, i could of not said it better then did you did in your replies.

    Happy New Years to all of SG, will be away for a while time to get back to work.

    BaghDaddy

    De Oppresso Liber

  13. #13
    Yay ?

  14. #14
    Imperial Impotentate brembo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    crawlspaces
    Posts
    18,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Burke View Post
    I'm finding the giddy glee from Americans over this execution to be pretty disgusting. Cheering?

    Oh really now, disgusting? This man was a monster, he was so horribe that calling him human is stretching matters. A lot of good people died because he was alive, directly and indirectly. He is gone now and that is a good thing.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

  15. #15
    Moderator Roody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    30,761
    Wonder how long it will take for the video to make it on YouTube?

  16. #16
    NYC Newbie Slayer Prey521's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Humble, Tx
    Posts
    34,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    Wonder how long it will take for the video to make it on YouTube?
    End of the weekend I would bet!
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

    "Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"


  17. #17
    NYC Newbie Slayer Prey521's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Humble, Tx
    Posts
    34,934
    The scene of the hanging

    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

    "Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"


  18. #18
    SG DC Team Member Paft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    5,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Burke View Post
    I'm finding the giddy glee from Americans over this execution to be pretty disgusting. Cheering?
    Amen to that. We say that Saddam was so horrible that he "wasn't human", but then we turn right around and cheer at his death.

    Consider the country though. The United States - the land of hypocrates.

  19. #19
    Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    6,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Paft View Post
    Consider the country though. The United States - the land of hypocrates.
    What the f ever man. What country doesn't have hypocrates?

    Weeee he is toast, shoulda killed him the first time we were in his danged country. maybe we wouldn't have to still be there.

    They should line up all of these monsters....

    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

    J B K M

    Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!

  20. #20
    R.I.P. 2017-10-02 Joint Chiefs of Staff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    The Sandbox
    Posts
    42,832
    We are in a heighten state of alert over here so I stayed home today. No need to be a possible target to and from base. Besides I have 1 sick day left to burn before the start of the New Year.

    Good riddance to Saddam. Maybe just maybe there can be some light at the end of the tunnel so the world can go back to a peaceful state.
    >>Cult Master of International Affairs<<

Similar Threads

  1. Officials: U.S. didnít find WMDs, despite claims
    By downhill in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-23-06, 07:22 PM
  2. New Documents from Saddam Hussein's Archives Discuss Bin Laden, WMDs
    By Ghosthunter in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-17-06, 02:30 PM
  3. Saddam Hussein given the key to the city
    By horsemen_ in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-20-06, 09:37 AM
  4. Americans tortured me - Saddam
    By Norm in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-22-05, 02:29 AM
  5. Iraq Issues First Charges Against Saddam Hussein
    By thepieman in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-20-05, 01:56 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •