Thread: PS3 Playstation 3 - Premium 60 GB, new in box.

PS3 Playstation 3 - Premium 60 GB, new in box.

I have my second PS3 up for sale. This is the US Premium Version with 60GB HDD. Would like to unload it to try and recoup some money from the first one I bought. It's unopened, and I have the Walmart receipt.

Make offer here or PM me with your best price. I don't feel like doing E-Bay due to deadbeat bidders and scammers... I would prefer to sell it to someone on SG that needs one or has been looking but perhaps isn't sure of the auctions on E-Bay and all the scams. I will only sell to folks on SG that I'm familiar with.
    If anyone wants pics, etc or has questions about the PS3, just ask.

I have mine setup with Yellow Dog Linux 5 and would be willing to format the new one, install Linux, update the system and download all the demos that they have on the PS Store if anyone would prefer that.. I will also include the YDL5 DVD, instructions, etc for getting Linux installed..

That is a very exciting aspect of the PS3, the fact that you can load up an OS and use it as a media center. If you're familiar with Linux, you know what I mean. I haven't had any issues getting external USB HDDs to work on this, you can rip CDs to MP3 (and other formats), load up your pics / videos straight from the mem card for you camera, etc.. It's really pretty damn cool and I've had a blast playing it and tinkering on mine. No games are included but trust me, you'll want to hit up your local Blockbuster and rent the games before you buy them anyway.. Some games I thought would be awesome, I just couldn't get into and others have been pleasant surprises.

I sat in line 36 hours to get this thing (raincheck). Comes with BluRay Disc "Talladega Nights".

I prefer paypal but will discus other options. All funds would have to clear prior to shipping. I don't use any other form of online payment so Paypal is definitely preferred.. However, I *may* consider the Nigeria Scams ONLY if you promise to stop all forms of spam, directed at my inbox!.

Help me help you during the Holidays. I need some dough and i'm sure somewhere, there is a friend on here looking for a nice new shiny PS3!

Thanks,
    FunK
    Simply run adaware, spybot, ZoneAlarm, HijackThis, AVG, update windows daily, have a router, don't open e-mail, turn off action scripting, don't use P2P networks, don't violate EULAs, and wear a condom to get Windows secured.

People say Linux is alot of work!

Good decision Funk that you are offering it to SG members.
    Good Luck

rep points given
    To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata

Blog Entries
    Roughly, what kind of premium are you seeking over list.

By all means, pm me and let me know.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

I'm kind of in a pickle. If you remember that Westinghouse TV you posted, let's just say that I could have had that TV for what I paid for my PS3.. I need to make some money back on this one but I know I'm not going to get anywhere close to that...

The cost with tax on this one was 639.00.

Ya see, the wife let me buy one right after launch.. The thought being that I would have one when I wanted it and then sell the second to break even or make some money.. Never thought that the market would be so flooded.. Then again, I should have known that 85-90% of folks in line were looking to turn a profit instead of actually wanting one for themselves... Anyway, I need to get something nice for my wife for Xmas for making such a bonehead mistake. So I'm looking for a little Holiday Charity in exchange for a transaction that I guarantee will be trouble free. Peace of mind and all that stuff.

Again, that's what I would like but my wife and I would consider any offer.
    PS, I did learn a valuable lesson out of all this but I can't admit it...... She's in the office with me..

PM me if you're still interested or would like to barter some, etc..

Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by FunK; 12-28-06 at 12:09 PM.
    Simply run adaware, spybot, ZoneAlarm, HijackThis, AVG, update windows daily, have a router, don't open e-mail, turn off action scripting, don't use P2P networks, don't violate EULAs, and wear a condom to get Windows secured.

Actually, it looks like I may just have to keep it or offload it to a friend locally for cost. I can't believe these prices on EBay, this close to Christmas... Wow..

Well, on the bright side, I'm not that 14th guy in line who bought up 8-9 pre-sales on Ebay for $1,600.00 *each* with hopes of selling them this week and turning a mad profit..

$13,000 + down the drain for that guy.. Probably shot himself..

Advanced Member
    I hear ya man, I have a 20-gig system that I am going to offer up here on SG for cost, if no takers, then I will just return it to the store....
    Fee was a buddhist prodigy...
    Long past the age of maturity...
    Someday he knew it would set him free...
    Like it did for Floyd...
    The Chimpanzee...

I traded my 20gig ps3 for a wii + $250. Needed it for my brothers xmas present from my parents.

That's a pretty good trade. My wife doesn't get into games too much and has only played the Sudoku demo on the PS3. I know that she would enjoy the Wii though as it's more interactive and has more "cute" games..