Thread: Can't access router settings page??

Can't access router settings page??

Okay, I'm sure there's someone else out there that has asked this question/had this problem before, but I really need someone to explain what I need to do VERY SIMPLY.
    I have an ASUS RT-N53 router that I set up about a week go. I had no trouble and it's been working perfectly ever since, but all of a sudden I get this message saying "Settings have been updated. Web page will now refresh. Changes have been made to the IP address or port number. You will now be disconnected from RT-N53. To access the settings of RT-N53, reconnect to the wireless network and use the updated IP address and port number." So naturally I reconnected and had no luck. I can get on to other webpages, but can no longer access my router settings. I usually type in 192.168.1.1 to get to my settings but now it says "Authentication Required. The server http://192.168.1.1:80 requires a username and password. The server says: RT-N53." I tried factory resetting the router, entering the default admin login, turning it on and off again, and every other password/username combo I could think of, and still nothing. If I command prompt ipconfig, the default gateway is still the same ip from before too, so I'm not really sure what else to do from here. Someone help???

Blog Entries
    Most likely the factory reset didn't work. Unplug the router, hold the reset button down while plugging it in.. and keep holding the reset button for 30 seconds, or until you see some type of LED-flash indication that it has reset.

192.168.1.1 is the default IP for that model, and the username/pass will be admin/admin once it resets. You may have to be connected to it with an Ethernet cable to reconfigure its WiFi.

I hope this helps