Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something for our members passed on?

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    It is not just my decision. We listen to users' opinions, and we discuss decisions with the mods.

We're still discussing this suggestion. At this time, we're leaning towards just using the general archive forum we already have in place; it is under-used as it is, and this seems to fit its intended purpose.
    Thank you for considering this suggestion. I think that would be the perfect place, if approved. So much more could be incorporated into it as well, and I believe a very nice addition.
    Mystical Folding Minx

It is not just my decision. We listen to users' opinions, and we discuss decisions with the mods.

We're still discussing this suggestion. At this time, we're leaning towards just using the general archive forum we already have in place; it is under-used as it is, and this seems to fit its intended purpose.
    I know I know, but we should ask family members about their opinion, it's not like 1 woman wants forum/archive with all the dead people.
    It's not our decision at all.

And thank you for bringing this suggestion at this time you could wait at least few months it really gives me chills. " Are they going to discuss to put me there even if I said no ............ in case I loose"
    Last edited by Rivas; 11-26-06 at 03:06 PM.
    To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata

Blog Entries
    We already have a genera archieve: http://forums.speedguide.net/forumdisplay.php?f=53.

Moving posts does not change their visibility much, just puts them into a more fitting category.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England

A good resting place to archive important happenings for our regular members.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post

A good resting place to archive important happenings for our regular members.
    Ya got my vote.

We already have a genera archieve: http://forums.speedguide.net/forumdisplay.php?f=53.

Moving posts does not change their visibility much, just puts them into a more fitting category.
    The archives are locked, so that rules out disrespectful postings in the proposed memoriam board.

Yups Philip, looks like there's a place for the memoriams there.

Stonecat & Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi View Post
    I think, if a SG member passes away, ( R.I.P. Croc )
    there should be a link and a page on the main SG page dedicated just for them.
    Keep it up for a week span, in memoriam.
    Making and keeping a page up with a few words of respect,
    wouldn't be too hard to do..
    Won't have to be anything too fancy.. anything from thier family,
    or just a avatar, and some words of respect.

My 2 Cents.
    I had a similar vision.

Perhaps a link to the memoriam archive on the SG home page... and a one week "live" memoriam as Shinobi has suggested.

Maybe set a time limit for posting to a memoriam, then lock it. If a member misses one, a pm to a mod could allow posting to the memoriam after the posting time limit is up. And that way, no spam possible in there.

Good idea Misty.

If someone doesn't wanna view the memoriams... then don't click on it, it's as simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post

There are idiots everywhere.

At work, in forums, in poetry classes, everywhere!

Jeff...if it is approved...and placed in the general archives...there is already a link on the main page of your speedguide page..(as in general forum, or any other forum). Go all the way to the bottom, to the jump forums option...and scroll down the list...the general archive link is there There is no possible way it could possibly be opened accidentally, for those who might take offense.
    Mystical Folding Minx

Quote Originally Posted by MissTynker2 View Post
    Jeff...if it is approved...and placed in the general archives...there is already a link on the main page of your speedguide page..(as in general forum, or any other forum). Go all the way to the bottom, to the jump forums option...and scroll down the list...the general archive link is there There is no possible way it could possibly be opened accidentally, for those who might take offense.
    You're preaching to the choir Misty
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post

There are idiots everywhere.

At work, in forums, in poetry classes, everywhere!