Thread: using the tcp/ip optimiser

using the tcp/ip optimiser

Hello after much help from trogers i now have a nicely tweaked broadband service

However all my friends have now caught on and want the same treatment lol

so im going to use the optimal settings option for them but im unsure as to what to set the speed slider to.

now were all on an "up to 8mb connection" but we live in a village and theres no way we can get any where near that , were hovering around the 3-4mb mark.

when i connect i will see a speed in the connection status box of lets say for example 2.9mb/s i realise the download speed wont reach that but ive read in these forums i want to be aiming for 90% or thereabouts depending on certain factors.

so to use the auto optimise would i move the slider to as close to 2.9 as i could get it? and would i check the "modify all network adapters" tab too?

Ive read all your faqs and already tweaked all our systems as regards faster web browsing reg tweaks etc.

Thank you for your help

Darren

Yes Archie, move the slider near to your subscribed speed. and check the modify all network adapters. You do not need to be exact with the slider. For 2.9 mbps, you can move slider to 3.0 mbps.

If any of your friends still do not get optimized speed after using the slider bar, ask them to first scan their comp for possible spyware and malware and then do the TCP Analzer test and post their results. Also indicate their location and subscribed speeds.

nice one :0) everyones sorted. Cheers :0)

Ive a new problem , ive just bought a wireless router all is fine infact i think im even a little faster using it , however doing your tcp/ip analiser i get this......

MTU is not fully optimized for broadband. Consider increasing your MTU to 1500 for better throughput. If you are using a router, it could be limiting your MTU regardless of Registry settings.

so im assuming my router is setting my MTU and it cant be changed???

I have tried it manually but it reverts back everytime

You have to get into the setup configuration of the router to change its set MTU value. Follow your instruction manual to access the setup configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by trogers View Post
    You have to get into the setup configuration of the router to change its set MTU value. Follow your instruction manual to access the setup configuration.

oh yeah....silly me lol , found the setting and changed it to 1500