Players 1-4

System Link 2-24

Dolby 5.1 Surround

HDTV 1080i

Players 2-24

Friends

Voice

Looking awesome, i'm getting this game

Feel the power: Experience the first WWII combat game built exclusively for next-gen. See the battle come to life with advanced graphics, a new physics engine, and animations and environments that deliver you right into the heart of the action.
    Take up arms: Choose to get up close and personal with your enemies using an all-new battle mechanic. Adapt to situations and improvise as you disarm traps, assemble explosive devices, and use your cunning and reflexes to escape a host of battlefield situations.
    Make the call: New, next-gen level design offers multiple attack routes, allowing for branching mission paths that let players decide how to confront the enemy. Will you flank your opponents or hit them head-on? Each unique path will require special tactics, from sniping to demolition to all-out, straight-ahead clashes.
    Go to war: Battle it out online with up to 24 players in either single or split screen play. Run and gun or commandeer multiple occupancy vehicles including tanks, motorcycles, and jeeps. A ranking system and soldier classes with unique abilities offer a diverse combat experience like no other.
    Try to hide: New environmental physics allow players to destroy soft cover hideouts, exposing their enemies. Force your opponents into the open, but watch out that your cover isn't eliminated, exposing you!
    To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by rivas
    Players 1-4

System Link 2-24

Dolby 5.1 Surround

HDTV 1080i

Players 2-24

Friends

Voice

Looking awesome, i'm getting this game

Feel the power: Experience the first WWII combat game built exclusively for next-gen. See the battle come to life with advanced graphics, a new physics engine, and animations and environments that deliver you right into the heart of the action.
    Take up arms: Choose to get up close and personal with your enemies using an all-new battle mechanic. Adapt to situations and improvise as you disarm traps, assemble explosive devices, and use your cunning and reflexes to escape a host of battlefield situations.
    Make the call: New, next-gen level design offers multiple attack routes, allowing for branching mission paths that let players decide how to confront the enemy. Will you flank your opponents or hit them head-on? Each unique path will require special tactics, from sniping to demolition to all-out, straight-ahead clashes.
    Go to war: Battle it out online with up to 24 players in either single or split screen play. Run and gun or commandeer multiple occupancy vehicles including tanks, motorcycles, and jeeps. A ranking system and soldier classes with unique abilities offer a diverse combat experience like no other.
    Try to hide: New environmental physics allow players to destroy soft cover hideouts, exposing their enemies. Force your opponents into the open, but watch out that your cover isn't eliminated, exposing you!
    hey - I'm going to have to check this out ... I love WWII games

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie_R
    hey - I'm going to have to check this out ... I love WWII games
    To be honest i think played only 1 couple years ago on pc.
    But this one looks bombastic
    BTW did i tell you your son owned Rosco and his whole team ?

- Emiliano Zapata

This game kicks butt

- Emiliano Zapata

Advanced Member
    Indeed it does especially when you can get a full game. Although there are so many people who don't bother listening to you or anyone else during single flag CTF and so it becomes a pain because you usually end up losing... it's the same thing in WAR and HEADQUARTERS... theres just so many people who listen to what you're trying to say and you end up scattering around dieing and not being able to capture or destroy the headquarters... but then again... in what game isn't there people who just don't listen..

once i buy my 360 this week thats the first game im getting with it! how r the graphics for this game?

Advanced Member
    It's awesome. I mean they could've done better with the graphics but it's much better than COD2 =)... gameplay i'm not too sure... but for me it's awesome... although I think they need to fix the whole not being able to jump out the windows and over obstacles thing... in order to get out of windows you got to jump and crouch so yeah its a 2 step process but other than that it's fun.. w00t!.. well uhh if you plan on getting xbox live keep my gamertag for future reference if you wish (pinguinosupremo) I'm usually playing Single Flag CTF... my fav...

I do not intend to buy this game! This game was originaly a pc game and now the got the balls to not even make it on pc? That is enough reason for me not to buy it.
    Joe

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joecool169 View Post
    I do not intend to buy this game! This game was originaly a pc game and now the got the balls to not even make it on pc? That is enough reason for me not to buy it.
    Well it was completely up to the company who makes it (not activision it is in a 3 way deal one other company makes COD) so it was up to them perhaps the next part will be on the PC... and for me.. I prefer my games on consoles more than I do on computers..

I find it much easier to aim with a mouse. The controller is akward when I am trying to get head shots.
    Joe

Advanced Member
    I find it much easier to aim with a joystick. Hehe the mouse for me is way too jumpy and I have trouble keeping it steady for some reason..

lol yea thats the first thing i wanna do is play it on live!

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gameplaya View Post
    lol yea thats the first thing i wanna do is play it on live!
    Well this game seems a bit of a bugger since the NAT really seems to matter in this game if you have a closed nat then it will be rather difficult to connect to any games but other than that it depends who is hosting the game and how far they are and that their connection quality is so it varies sometimes I have troubles getting into a game. =)

If you wish to add me here's my gamertag: pinguinosupremo

if you don't wish to post your gamertag that's fine if you wish to pm me your gamertag that's fine to if you're like rivas there and don't want me to tell others your gamertag then I wont. =) it's as simple as that.
    Last edited by pinguinosupremo; 11-27-06 at 11:24 AM. Reason: some minor typographical error fixed =P

Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar
    everything ive read said the 2nd one is the best of the series. Will check both out once they come down in price. I have played the 2nd one on pc and it was AWESOME! i agree that most FPS are better on keyboard and mouse, but there are a handful that the controller pulls off perfectly, hopefully this is one of those. luckily i can do headshots both ways!
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

J B K M

Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoscoPColtrane View Post
    everything ive read said the 2nd one is the best of the series. Will check both out once they come down in price. I have played the 2nd one on pc and it was AWESOME! i agree that most FPS are better on keyboard and mouse, but there are a handful that the controller pulls off perfectly, hopefully this is one of those. luckily i can do headshots both ways!
    Hehe I have a fast reflex and I jump around a lot and the controller lets me do this flawlessly as with a mouse it seems like the movement sensitivity is more greater than on a control (and I have it at the highest sensitivity on the control) but frankly I like how people can't use mice on the 360 (Microsoft's Anti-Cheating movement) that way I don't keep getting shot in the head every 2 seconds because of someone cheating and using a mouse on the console but anyways... I have just gotten used to a controller as it seems much easier for me to use... as the controller helps with my wrist problems... doesn't hurt after using is for a long time... so hooray for controllers! =P but back to the game... Call of duty 3.. awesome.. love it.. although it could use some more work on a couple things mainly just the whole not being able to jump over obstacles with the push of a button... you have to jump and duck at the same time to get out of windows and it's not that easy to get over obstacles just by jumping since they're too high to jump over... of course i haven't played in a bit... not sure if this problem has been fixed..

Quote Originally Posted by urielconsolo View Post
    Hehe I have a fast reflex and I jump around a lot and the controller lets me do this flawlessly as with a mouse it seems like the movement sensitivity is more greater than on a control (and I have it at the highest sensitivity on the control) but frankly I like how people can't use mice on the 360 (Microsoft's Anti-Cheating movement) that way I don't keep getting shot in the head every 2 seconds because of someone cheating and using a mouse on the console but anyways... I have just gotten used to a controller as it seems much easier for me to use... as the controller helps with my wrist problems... doesn't hurt after using is for a long time... so hooray for controllers! =P but back to the game... Call of duty 3.. awesome.. love it.. although it could use some more work on a couple things mainly just the whole not being able to jump over obstacles with the push of a button... you have to jump and duck at the same time to get out of windows and it's not that easy to get over obstacles just by jumping since they're too high to jump over... of course i haven't played in a bit... not sure if this problem has been fixed..
    I played it today for few minutes and there was some patch applyed.
    It's awesome game.

- Emiliano Zapata

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rivas View Post
    I played it today for few minutes and there was some patch applyed.
    It's awesome game.
    indeed it is my friend although no one knows what that patch is it seems like it came out before the game actually came out to stores and such so there mustve been something they caught and just wanted to patch it before people could find it I suppose.. who knows though...

lol i cant wait until i get mines. i kinda been getting sick of playing halo2 on live. there has been too many cheaters and modders al lthe time. but my gamertag is craziestelf(didnt pick it dont ask lol) but im gonna pay the 5 dollars ot change the name but this is wat i got so far. im almost there i nsavign enough to buy 360 wit gears of war and call of duty

Quote Originally Posted by gameplaya View Post
    lol i cant wait until i get mines. i kinda been getting sick of playing halo2 on live. there has been too many cheaters and modders al lthe time. but my gamertag is craziestelf(didnt pick it dont ask lol) but im gonna pay the 5 dollars ot change the name but this is wat i got so far. im almost there i nsavign enough to buy 360 wit gears of war and call of duty
    Sounds great.

Once you get it play it for few hours then I will setup Private match and you can play with Kevin, Jamie, Rosco, Gemini against me and Kyle.

- Emiliano Zapata

Call of duty 3: 10 out of 10
    IBANEZ GUITARS!