View Poll Results: What game do you think will win after all?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gears of War

1 33.33%
  • Call of Duty 3

0 0%
  • Halo 3

2 66.67%

Thread: I don't know it's 360 related thats all i know...

Advanced Member

I don't know it's 360 related thats all i know...

Me and a few friends of mines thought this game was rather overhyped GOW (gears of war) i mean.... =/ Call of Duty 3 seems to be more fun and appealing to me.. 24 players online.. now that's something... since after all it is mainly a death match game just like Gears of War and I hate playing just against a small sum of people one of the reasons I disliked COD 2 but anyways.. not sure how COD3 is hopefully they took away the friends slots 'cause that was annoying if you were a host and didn't have any friends online playing the same game as you... Gears of War to me.. just looks rather.. i don't know pretty looking and that's about it... I know many are going to disagree with me but this is in my opinion... I never really bought the 360 for GOW I bought it for Halo 3... then I was even happier when I saw PSU was coming out and Viva Pinata those were two games I really looked forward to.. then I saw chrome hounds now that game I absolutely love... never seen a game like it... Then I see THP8 (Tony Hawk's Project 8) now that's something i'm glad I bought my 360 for... as for the games that came out at the beginning of the 360's launch.. didn't like any of them... still don't.. but anyways yeah GOW is not on my list of games to buy... COD3 is.. but it's still a pending one as I don't know how the game is online and everything... the only way I was ever going to buy GOW was if the rumor was true that it was going to have 8 player co-op... but anyways this is all I have to say for a bit... enjoy... although I don't expect anyone to actually reply to this...

COD3 will probably be the best, but Halo3 will probably sell the most.

Advanced Member
    Well no one really knows how many players there's going to be online... i'm just hoping that it's more than 16... possibly be like COD3 and have 24 players... What'd be even more amazing is if they were to add 32 players online... I mean all they have to do is have a nice server that can handle that many connections at once... hehe...

I voted for GOW.
    I hope i'm not gonna be dissapointed.

EDIT: About the gamertag, we will find you once we will get everything sorted out, i just dont like posting it in public, hope you understand.
    To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata

Advanced Member
    Well I don't necessarily care too much as to who will win as long as something wins.. hehe it'd be rather funny if COD3 won over all and nobody voted for it.. but for me since i'm not too big of a fan of death matches more of a fan for co op (one of the reasons I bought SCDA) but that game only has 2 players.. It couldve done better with it possibly even 3 like SCDA or 4 or possibly 6 or all 8... =/ but my hopes went down the drain when I heard that it was only 2 player co op...

Quote Originally Posted by urielconsolo
    Well I don't necessarily care too much as to who will win as long as something wins.. hehe it'd be rather funny if COD3 won over all and nobody voted for it.. but for me since i'm not too big of a fan of death matches more of a fan for co op (one of the reasons I bought SCDA) but that game only has 2 players.. It couldve done better with it possibly even 3 like SCDA or 4 or possibly 6 or all 8... =/ but my hopes went down the drain when I heard that it was only 2 player co op...
    You have to keep in mind the players are not gonna be available all the time.I agree they could increase the co-op but ...i will judge it once i get it.

- Emiliano Zapata

I see a question, but I don't understand it.

Which game will "win"?

And a game that won't be out for probably another twelve months is on the list?

Are we talking sales? Metacritic ranking? Popularity? Profit margin?

In the end, ANY form of media (be it a book, movie, game, etc.) is only right if it's right for you. If Super Robot Nazi Death Squad Cheerleader Penguins from Mars is the current hot game, but you have no interest in it, then it isn't for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim
    I see a question, but I don't understand it.

Which game will "win"?

And a game that won't be out for probably another twelve months is on the list?

Are we talking sales? Metacritic ranking? Popularity? Profit margin?

In the end, ANY form of media (be it a book, movie, game, etc.) is only right if it's right for you. If Super Robot Nazi Death Squad Cheerleader Penguins from Mars is the current hot game, but you have no interest in it, then it isn't for you.
    Well said.
    I voted for GOW cuz you know i'm hardcore horror fan ...you remember how you was helping me with Dead Rising

- Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by rivas
    I voted for GOW cuz you know i'm hardcore horror fan
    And to think that some at Microsoft didn't want Epic to include that chainsaw...

Advanced Member
    Well I guess it would mainly be for sales... Which would sell more and also popularity but I guess that's going to be difficult to come up with.. perhaps I should make a new thread asking what game do you think is better and put like a point system up to 10 so 10 being the worst and 1 being the best... I think that's how I should figure out this problem of popularity but for now it's a hypothetical question really assuming that halo 3 was out along with these other games which do you think would be most popular?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim
    And to think that some at Microsoft didn't want Epic to include that chainsaw...

I LOVE CHAINSAW
    Man i'm such a bummer ...it's not released over here yet

- Emiliano Zapata

Well, it would still be far too hard to say which is "better" since, outside of a few journalists who were shown a pre-alpha multiplayer build and the E3 trailer, nothing else has been shown on Halo 3. The only way to "compare" the two (which is still a bit of apples vs. oranges) is when both games are completed and in-hand.

Which will sell more? Halo 3, easily:

Halo has a name recognition with Joe Six-Pack, while Gears does not quite have that (yet). Gears has, up until the past couple days of its release here, been riding mainly on the pre-release hype from game conventions and special events (such as their tag-teams with Texas Chainsaw and Megadeth), while Halo has already had two games to establish itself.

Halo is also on the lighter side of the M-rating, and countless kids probably convince their parents to shell out the money for it simply because "it's not that bad!" or "it's just green alien blood!". It's harder to convince parents that "it's not that bad!" when they see a chainsaw at the end of a rifle ripping into an alien's chest, spewing blood into the screen.

Halo 3 will also be coming out, most likely, a year from now, and there will be countless more millions of XBOX360 machines in the wild at that point. More machines = more possible buyers of said product.

The Halo franchise is an 800-lb. gorilla, and while Gears may reign as king of the 360 shooters for this year, it will be unseated, at least in terms of popularity and sales numbers, by Halo 3. A quick glance at any of the XBL statistics show that, week after week, Halo 2 is still the most-played game on Live, ahead of ANY 360 games. I look forward to seeing how Gears does up against it in the next couple weeks, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's is still the #2 game for the week, behind Halo 2...

Advanced Member
    Yeah... I agree there but I always thought about it this way... What if these millions of consoles already existed and many people had these games readily available for sale and all that yay fun stuff which would be the most played online.. i mean my hypothetical questions a majority of them are either left unanswered or just doesn't make any sense whatsoever so yeah I believe its best if this is left alone for a looong time... but still I would like to know what people think would win for I guess over a 2 year period i suppose.... as lifespans do vary.. but anyways I guess the only thing I guess I can truly post is Call of Duty 3 and Gears of War... right now COD3 is rather underated if you ask me apparently people are saying there's gonna be crap loads of modders and hackers who are going to use the ranking system to make themselves the top player but the thing is..so far.. no one plays the ranked games... even in call of duty 2 no one played it...so i mean thats just the problem with thinkers today i mean it's like cod2 it has player matches and ranked matches as for GOW it's rather over rated atm and all if you ask me... too much talk about it nonstop saying that it's the best game out there and all that stuff it's good but not that good... nor is CoD3 or any other game every game has its flaws...

Quote Originally Posted by urielconsolo
    Yeah... I agree there but I always thought about it this way... What if these millions of consoles already existed and many people had these games readily available for sale and all that yay fun stuff which would be the most played online.. i mean my hypothetical questions a majority of them are either left unanswered or just doesn't make any sense whatsoever so yeah I believe its best if this is left alone for a looong time... but still I would like to know what people think would win for I guess over a 2 year period i suppose.... as lifespans do vary.. but anyways I guess the only thing I guess I can truly post is Call of Duty 3 and Gears of War... right now COD3 is rather underated if you ask me apparently people are saying there's gonna be crap loads of modders and hackers who are going to use the ranking system to make themselves the top player but the thing is..so far.. no one plays the ranked games... even in call of duty 2 no one played it...so i mean thats just the problem with thinkers today i mean it's like cod2 it has player matches and ranked matches as for GOW it's rather over rated atm and all if you ask me... too much talk about it nonstop saying that it's the best game out there and all that stuff it's good but not that good... nor is CoD3 or any other game every game has its flaws...

NEVER played COD2 but i do always play ranked games only.
    No cheating or hacking or something like that whatsoever.Not my style.

- Emiliano Zapata

Advanced Member
    Hehe good luck trying to find some of those on COD3 or 2 almost never anybody doing one... and i'm glad that hacking and cheating and stuff like that are not your style 'cause I don't like people who hack or cheat or anything of those sorts to practicly win all the damn time.. that's what really killed halo 2 on live for me.. all the hackers.. and those stupid dumb*** MODS! RAWR! okay... i think i need to go take a chill pill for a bit...