Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: excuse me for a min!

Advanced Member
    Take cover? You mean like playing the spies in SCDA (Splinter Cell Double Agent) where you have to take cover at all points to survive?.. That's suspenseful... still wish there was more players to it though... only 6 =/... for something like that i think the min should be 8... since all the maps aren't that big nor are they like open and nothing in the middle of it all so yeah... 8 would be the max actually not the min... and my friend has this projector not sure which one it is but i know it's fairly new it supports up to 1080p hd and it looks as clear as a hdtv

Quote Originally Posted by urielconsolo
    Take cover? You mean like playing the spies in SCDA (Splinter Cell Double Agent) where you have to take cover at all points to survive?.. That's suspenseful... still wish there was more players to it though... only 6 =/... for something like that i think the min should be 8... since all the maps aren't that big nor are they like open and nothing in the middle of it all so yeah... 8 would be the max actually not the min... and my friend has this projector not sure which one it is but i know it's fairly new it supports up to 1080p hd and it looks as clear as a hdtv
    Yes, 2 hits and you are down, cover is big part of the game thats why everyone is so excited about it.
    To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata

Advanced Member
    Yeah.. I just have a problem with only 8 players for such a game... 16 would be awesome... hell just 12 would make me happy.. I still say they could've done more with that issue of players...

Yeah.. I just have a problem with only 8 players for such a game... 16 would be awesome... hell just 12 would make me happy.. I still say they could've done more with that issue of players...
    Have you ever played UT with 12 players ? You know how laggy it is ? How fast you are gonna be killed ?If you are on OC3 connection then you have my respect but there are many players who are still using dialup, yes dialup.

- Emiliano Zapata

Advanced Member
    Nope but I have played Unreal Championship with 16 players on xbox live and i'm talking about console wise here not computer wise just so you know... I'm not as much of a computer gamer as I was a good i don't know.. 5 years ago?.. every since then i've been a console gamer mainly always been using controllers for game that are joystick compatible well in my case it was always a control always hated the use of mouse and keyboard for gaming... I can understand for RTS games but for shooters I like using a control over mouse and keyboard and same thing with racing games and most other games out there.. and as far as i'm concerned no one can really play any games on xbox live using a dial up connection.. it's possible to connect using a dial up connection...

http://forums.xbox.com/4840127/ShowPost.aspx

but its only for updates and content dl's so yeah... either way i'm still not a big fan of games that only allow so little players to play online.. never was to tell you the truth... i think the smallest number i'll ever go is probably 10... now offline is something completely different so don't be talking to me about offline here im only talking about online where you have your own individual screen all for yourself when you have no guests...

It was done by design, not due to problems with coding or network infrastructure.

Some games are designed to simulate larger-scale battles. As mentioned, CoD3 does 2-24 players via a system link or over XBL, as do other games such as Battlefield 2.

Games like Splinter Cell and GoW aren't limited on players because they can't, it's because they don't want to. Gears was always set up to be a game about cooperation, and anyone who has played large-scale games online knows that it's very hard to play on a team with any sort of coordination. You usually get half of the players wanting to play as a team, while the other half is bunny-hopping around going "im in ur base killin ur d00ds kekeke."

I'm interesting in seeing how well Resistance holds up its 40-player online battles once it's in the public's hands.

Nope but I have played Unreal Championship with 16 players on xbox live and i'm talking about console wise here not computer wise just so you know... I'm not as much of a computer gamer as I was a good i don't know.. 5 years ago?.. every since then i've been a console gamer mainly always been using controllers for game that are joystick compatible well in my case it was always a control always hated the use of mouse and keyboard for gaming... I can understand for RTS games but for shooters I like using a control over mouse and keyboard and same thing with racing games and most other games out there.. and as far as i'm concerned no one can really play any games on xbox live using a dial up connection.. it's possible to connect using a dial up connection...

http://forums.xbox.com/4840127/ShowPost.aspx

but its only for updates and content dl's so yeah... either way i'm still not a big fan of games that only allow so little players to play online.. never was to tell you the truth... i think the smallest number i'll ever go is probably 10... now offline is something completely different so don't be talking to me about offline here im only talking about online where you have your own individual screen all for yourself when you have no guests...

Well try playing NHL 2k7 with someone on dialup, and it's not shooter !
    Waiting for player 9 8 7 ...back in game ..after 10 seconds again ....Waiting for player 9 8 7 6 .... back in game ....after 10 minutes ....Network connection is too poor and you can sent this game to arbitration ...

- Emiliano Zapata

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim
    It was done by design, not due to problems with coding or network infrastructure.

Some games are designed to simulate larger-scale battles. As mentioned, CoD3 does 2-24 players via a system link or over XBL, as do other games such as Battlefield 2.

Games like Splinter Cell and GoW aren't limited on players because they can't, it's because they don't want to. Gears was always set up to be a game about cooperation, and anyone who has played large-scale games online knows that it's very hard to play on a team with any sort of coordination. You usually get half of the players wanting to play as a team, while the other half is bunny-hopping around going "im in ur base killin ur d00ds kekeke."

I'm interesting in seeing how well Resistance holds up its 40-player online battles once it's in the public's hands.

Battlefield 2 only does 22 players.. but close enough.. and yes I know that.. well for me.. it's rather easier playing with a bigger squad.. as we usually come up with things as we go and the leaders are practicly everyone... everyone has a plan we hear it we do it if it doesnt work we hear another plan and there we go... less things to figure out on your own as people tend to work together faster in large groups than in smaller ones... some of the times... not always though sometimes its the same way with smaller groups of people.. but it all depends on who is playing really... and also I call it an issue because many people don't like the whole 8 players only thing and only 2 player co op... that was a big downer for a good sum of people I know.. some like smaller some like larger and I like larger it just seems to be more fun that way.. for me at least...

Quote Originally Posted by rivas
    Well try playing NHL 2k7 with someone on dialup, and it's not shooter !
    Waiting for player 9 8 7 ...back in game ..after 10 seconds again ....Waiting for player 9 8 7 6 .... back in game ....after 10 minutes ....Network connection is too poor and you can sent this game to arbitration ...
    whoa man take a chill pill... i don't play or like sports games... hell I barely even like sports.. but anyways if you're once again talking about a computer game on a dial up connection please stop since I'm not talking about computer games and if you're talking about consoles what console uses a dial up connection to connect to it's online service and actually play a game online it's rather stupid to do so if you know you have to use a broadband connection to play well on a game with people using broadband connections..

Battlefield 2 only does 22 players.. but close enough.. and yes I know that.. well for me.. it's rather easier playing with a bigger squad.. as we usually come up with things as we go and the leaders are practicly everyone... everyone has a plan we hear it we do it if it doesnt work we hear another plan and there we go... less things to figure out on your own as people tend to work together faster in large groups than in smaller ones... some of the times... not always though sometimes its the same way with smaller groups of people.. but it all depends on who is playing really... and also I call it an issue because many people don't like the whole 8 players only thing and only 2 player co op... that was a big downer for a good sum of people I know.. some like smaller some like larger and I like larger it just seems to be more fun that way.. for me at least...

whoa man take a chill pill... i don't play or like sports games... hell I barely even like sports.. but anyways if you're once again talking about a computer game on a dial up connection please stop since I'm not talking about computer games and if you're talking about consoles what console uses a dial up connection to connect to it's online service and actually play a game online it's rather stupid to do so if you know you have to use a broadband connection to play well on a game with people using broadband connections..
    I dont play games on computer.
    I'm talking about xbox 360.
    CHill pill ? if i take one more i will pass away
    You cant do anything if you are on dialup, believe me, they will be disconnected or you are gonna be frustrated whole time because it's unbelievable laggy.

- Emiliano Zapata

Advanced Member
    one of the reasons you just use it for updates and content dl and only that nothing else.. yeah don't know why but i just recently got into the whole chill pill thing... *Shrugs*
    >.>
    <.<
    then if you're talking about dial up connection on a 360 playing a game then you must be talking about it hypothetically... and If I did have a person like that in there i'd just leave and find another person to play with who doesn't use a dial up connection.. and yes indeed it would be annoying to just see that all the damn time... I wouldn't want to try... but assuming everyone had a good connection and absolutely no lag and such what would you think about that then?

one of the reasons you just use it for updates and content dl and only that nothing else.. yeah don't know why but i just recently got into the whole chill pill thing... *Shrugs*
    >.>
    <.<
    then if you're talking about dial up connection on a 360 playing a game then you must be talking about it hypothetically... and If I did have a person like that in there i'd just leave and find another person to play with who doesn't use a dial up connection.. and yes indeed it would be annoying to just see that all the damn time... I wouldn't want to try... but assuming everyone had a good connection and absolutely no lag and such what would you think about that then?
    Well the problem is you cant always leave ranked game, you are gonna get negative points and you will drop in rooster.I think thats how "every" ranked match works, i could be wrong.WEhat i would think? I would think he lives next door.There is no way a person playing shooter or sport game is not gonna be laggy on dialup.

- Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by 7thkevin
    gimme a full list of names
    where is the picture kevin ?

- Emiliano Zapata

Advanced Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rivas View Post
    Well the problem is you cant always leave ranked game, you are gonna get negative points and you will drop in rooster.I think thats how "every" ranked match works, i could be wrong.WEhat i would think? I would think he lives next door.There is no way a person playing shooter or sport game is not gonna be laggy on dialup.
    Well you are wrong because I've played a few games where there were ranked matches and if you left in the middle of it you wouldn't get any points for it. You don't lose them but you don't gain them either and I know there's an issue with cheating as well especially on xbox live since people like to go ahead and exit if they're going to lose by turning off their console or jumping into the 360 dashboard and I know like in chrome hounds if that happens the people who are about to win these other people and they turn off their console or jump into the dashboard they don't get credited for it but yeah that's just on the console. Okay it was a hypothetical question not a real one it was only that. Now okay i'm talking about more for consoles here to tell you the truth and not computer gaming because to tell ya the truth I don't do much gaming on a computer i'm a console guy myself. =).. but lets just say everyone you were playing with had a broadband connection and not dial up. how about that?.

Quote Originally Posted by urielconsolo View Post
    Well you are wrong because I've played a few games where there were ranked matches and if you left in the middle of it you wouldn't get any points for it. You don't lose them but you don't gain them either and I know there's an issue with cheating as well especially on xbox live since people like to go ahead and exit if they're going to lose by turning off their console or jumping into the 360 dashboard and I know like in chrome hounds if that happens the people who are about to win these other people and they turn off their console or jump into the dashboard they don't get credited for it but yeah that's just on the console. Okay it was a hypothetical question not a real one it was only that. Now okay i'm talking about more for consoles here to tell you the truth and not computer gaming because to tell ya the truth I don't do much gaming on a computer i'm a console guy myself. =).. but lets just say everyone you were playing with had a broadband connection and not dial up. how about that?.
    You are one of the people who always has to be right.
    Let's it leave it that way, you are right

- Emiliano Zapata

Advanced Member
    You are one of the people who always has to be right.
    Let's it leave it that way, you are right
    hahaha no I'm not one of those people that's for sure I could care less if i'm wrong it's just I had to point that out though.. that was all..

hahaha no I'm not one of those people that's for sure I could care less if i'm wrong it's just I had to point that out though.. that was all..
    If you play in online rated rooster and you leave a game you are gonna get LOST game even if you was winning.

- Emiliano Zapata

Advanced Member
    If you play in online rated rooster and you leave a game you are gonna get LOST game even if you was winning.
    Well that's true... But there are a few games out there that just have a point system and don't exactly keep track of wins or losses and in chromehounds seeing that there's squads and all and considering how many glitches there are it seems like when you turn off your console or jump into the dashboard before losing and they don't get the loss i'm not sure about what happens to the people who are winning though i think it says like connection to host has been lost and you dont get the win for it and yeah... I dont want to get a bit off topic here.. but do ya think you could answer my question here... http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?t=210186 ...

Well that's true... But there are a few games out there that just have a point system and don't exactly keep track of wins or losses and in chromehounds seeing that there's squads and all and considering how many glitches there are it seems like when you turn off your console or jump into the dashboard before losing and they don't get the loss i'm not sure about what happens to the people who are winning though i think it says like connection to host has been lost and you dont get the win for it and yeah... I dont want to get a bit off topic here.. but do ya think you could answer my question here... http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?t=210186 ...

SOrry i will reply later after i read it have horrible headache and cramps today i'm gonna try first time morphine injections.
    ANyway sorry bud.

- Emiliano Zapata