Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Rainbow Six 360

  1. #1
    Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    6,154

    Rainbow Six 360

    Everyone on LIVE NEeds to download this demo. So farim really impressed with it, the controls are much improved for the console world. Seems like they were actually thought out instead of just ported over from PC. Graphics are good, aiming is smooth, the gun models look pretty dead on.

    CHECK IT OUT!
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

    J B K M

    Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!

  2. #2
    Tortoises R0cks :D Rivas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,248
    Quote Originally Posted by RoscoPColtrane
    Everyone on LIVE NEeds to download this demo. So farim really impressed with it, the controls are much improved for the console world. Seems like they were actually thought out instead of just ported over from PC. Graphics are good, aiming is smooth, the gun models look pretty dead on.

    CHECK IT OUT!

    I'm playing FEAR on live.
    Awesome game.
    Gonna test finally Need for Speed carbon in a few.
    To be human is to choose.


    It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

    - Emiliano Zapata

  3. #3
    Tortoises R0cks :D Rivas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,248
    Quote Originally Posted by RoscoPColtrane
    Everyone on LIVE NEeds to download this demo. So farim really impressed with it, the controls are much improved for the console world. Seems like they were actually thought out instead of just ported over from PC. Graphics are good, aiming is smooth, the gun models look pretty dead on.

    CHECK IT OUT!

    What kind of game is it Rosco, maybe i will get it.
    Not downloading it my hdd is loaded with xvid movies i think i got like 20mb left lol
    To be human is to choose.


    It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

    - Emiliano Zapata

  4. #4
    Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    6,154
    IGN gave it a 9.3 and called it the best rainbow yet!

    As soon as i played the demo i knew this game was good, aparently its GREAT! They say the cover system is the best in the buisness, even better than GoW (
    (personally i think GOW is flawwed a bit this way!)

    Also it has 4 player CO-OP over live! Heck yeah! It may be a bit premature to say but i have the feeling that GOW might be dead to me already! Picking it up tuesday and will give a full review!
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

    J B K M

    Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!

  5. #5
    SG Enthusiast 7thkevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,870
    you guys better knock it off






  6. #6
    Tortoises R0cks :D Rivas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,248
    Quote Originally Posted by 7thkevin
    you guys better knock it off






    Relax ....few more days ....
    To be human is to choose.


    It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

    - Emiliano Zapata

  7. #7
    Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    6,154
    Rivas are you gonna *cough* buy *cough* R6? Gem and i already have it reserved and are picking it up tuesday at lunch. Im really looking forward to the co-op, 4 player over live will make for some interesting planning.

    "alright you two repel down the glass, we will breach the door, wait for my sign to open up on them!"
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

    J B K M

    Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!

  8. #8
    Tortoises R0cks :D Rivas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,248
    Quote Originally Posted by RoscoPColtrane
    Rivas are you gonna *cough* buy *cough* R6? Gem and i already have it reserved and are picking it up tuesday at lunch. Im really looking forward to the co-op, 4 player over live will make for some interesting planning.

    "alright you two repel down the glass, we will breach the door, wait for my sign to open up on them!"
    I already got it, i'm still hooked up with GOW, there is now way i'm gonna leave GOW now my skills arent mastered not gonna leave that game and start jumping from one game to other.


    I will play it later for sure
    Last edited by Rivas; 11-17-06 at 12:59 PM.
    To be human is to choose.


    It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

    - Emiliano Zapata

  9. #9
    Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    6,154
    sounds good man, the more i play GoW the more i see the flaws in the controls. yesterday it stuck me to a wall, i pulled back to back away from it and instantly started getting shot, i pushed the roll buton to excape and it pinned me to teh way, not out of fire and i died.....

    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

    J B K M

    Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!

  10. #10
    Tortoises R0cks :D Rivas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,248
    Quote Originally Posted by RoscoPColtrane
    sounds good man, the more i play GoW the more i see the flaws in the controls. yesterday it stuck me to a wall, i pulled back to back away from it and instantly started getting shot, i pushed the roll buton to excape and it pinned me to teh way, not out of fire and i died.....


    come on 1 death
    To be human is to choose.


    It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

    - Emiliano Zapata

  11. #11
    Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    6,154
    yeah games really tick me off when the character doesn't do what i tell it to! i could care less about graphics if the controls aren't dead on, Gears is close but some things still don't set well with me....

    Don't worry i will still play it, at least until tuesday!
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

    J B K M

    Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!

  12. #12
    Tortoises R0cks :D Rivas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,248
    Quote Originally Posted by RoscoPColtrane View Post
    yeah games really tick me off when the character doesn't do what i tell it to! i could care less about graphics if the controls aren't dead on, Gears is close but some things still don't set well with me....

    Don't worry i will still play it, at least until tuesday!

    I'm not worried, we had fun tonight with F
    To be human is to choose.


    It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

    - Emiliano Zapata

  13. #13
    Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    6,154
    anyone interested in this game will be happy to know that marketplace just released the multiplayer demo, has a couple modes and should be fun, its around 1 gig or so. D/L'in now and will keep you updated!
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

    J B K M

    Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!

  14. #14
    Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    6,154
    its obvious that this demo is an earlier build than the single player one, the gameplay is pretty much the same but the graphics look like crap. Can't wait for the real game, this is some good gameplay!
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

    J B K M

    Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!

  15. #15
    Tortoises R0cks :D Rivas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,248
    Lets hope it's not gonna be waste of money
    To be human is to choose.


    It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

    - Emiliano Zapata

  16. #16
    Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    6,154
    sure isn't a waste, ive had Gears of War on for a total of 15 minutes since this game came out! Graphically it's not as good as gears, but the controls totally make up for it! This is the way the 'cover' system was meant to be played. I love having the ability to release from cover just by releasing the trigger. i can't count the number of times ive died in gears because i hit "A" and the danged guy continued to stay 'covered'.

    The online play is great too, lots of gameplay modes, something for everyone it seems.

    i give this game a solid 9/10

    controls are definatly a 10/10

    graphics kinda hurt it (only because Gears is so pretty!)

    if you liked GRAW or any old R6 pick this one up!
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

    J B K M

    Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!

  17. #17
    Tortoises R0cks :D Rivas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,248
    Quote Originally Posted by RoscoPColtrane View Post
    sure isn't a waste, ive had Gears of War on for a total of 15 minutes since this game came out! Graphically it's not as good as gears, but the controls totally make up for it! This is the way the 'cover' system was meant to be played. I love having the ability to release from cover just by releasing the trigger. i can't count the number of times ive died in gears because i hit "A" and the danged guy continued to stay 'covered'.

    The online play is great too, lots of gameplay modes, something for everyone it seems.

    i give this game a solid 9/10

    controls are definatly a 10/10

    graphics kinda hurt it (only because Gears is so pretty!)

    if you liked GRAW or any old R6 pick this one up!

    I have it I didnt even try to launch it yet, kinda busy with GOW.
    I have no problems with controls in GOW, same goes for Jamie, tiberious, Kyle and bunch of others.
    Only thing what i dont like about it is there are only few maps in MP, 10 or so ? maybe even less, thats my only complain.
    Overall i give it 9/10.
    To be human is to choose.


    It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

    - Emiliano Zapata

  18. #18
    Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    6,154
    There seems to be alot of "fanboy overlooking" going on for GoW, its a great game don't get me wrong, but its definatly not perfect, the controls have issues! When i walk to a ledge and have to stop before jumping down, and like i said i can't count the number of times i got stuck to a wall....

    Its still pretty good!
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

    J B K M

    Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!

  19. #19
    Tortoises R0cks :D Rivas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,248
    Quote Originally Posted by RoscoPColtrane View Post
    There seems to be alot of "fanboy overlooking" going on for GoW, its a great game don't get me wrong, but its definatly not perfect, the controls have issues! When i walk to a ledge and have to stop before jumping down, and like i said i can't count the number of times i got stuck to a wall....

    Its still pretty good!
    It's not fanboy overlooking, if you cant move while you are behind the wall you have to press forward or press the direction you wanna go and hit A button.
    I had same issue when 3 people were rushing on me, and i panicked and didnt press the right buttons.
    Controls = no issue
    Maps = big issue, not so many of them
    Video = awesome
    Gameplay = excellent but sometimes you are gonna fall into some swamp filled with water, so far it happend to me only twice.

    Gonna take a look at Rainbow6 today and i will tell you if i like it or now.
    To be human is to choose.


    It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

    - Emiliano Zapata

  20. #20
    Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    6,154
    sounds good man! I didn't mean to say you were a fanboy, i just have read alot online about GoW and they act like it is the Be ALL 10 out of 10 game.

    Do you ever have issues where you want to walk off a small ledge, and you have to come to a stop, then push forward again to go over it? i HATE that....

    I hope you enjoy R6, i was playing today and i had 9 kills to my 1 death!
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

    J B K M

    Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!

Similar Threads

  1. My XBox 360 plan....ruined....but maybe not....
    By BroncoSport in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-25-05, 12:49 AM
  2. XBOX 360 lawsuits
    By Meggie in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-06-05, 08:27 AM
  3. xbox 360, web browsing and more
    By morbidpete in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-29-05, 12:58 AM
  4. Xbox 360
    By golfnintendoboy in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-14-05, 01:49 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •