Thread: Messed up my internet after TCP IP Optimizer...

Messed up my internet after TCP IP Optimizer...

To make it easy, I'm going to cut straight to the chase. We have two computers in our home. One downstairs, connected to the cable modem. I installed a wireless router to that computer and modem and upstairs I have my desktop receiving internet from the router.

A friend of mine told me about TCP Optimizer and that it can boost your internet and stuff. In the midst of curiosity, I tried it on both computers. Now I'm getting a really bad connection on both computers. Right now on this pc upstairs I'm getting 20kb a second while downloading a podcast from 1up and downstairs we're having trouble streaming stuff off of Itunes. I tried a program called XP TCP IP repair which states it can help restore previous settings but to no prevail.

So here's my question. I want to get everything back to scratch. What do I need to do in order to get our internet back up to it's full max speed on both computers? Previously we were getting like 250kb to 300 kb a second on the downstairs one when we first got broadband and upstairs, depending where my pc was angled, I was getting around 200. PLEASE if anyone can get it back to the way it was a few months back before I messed it up, I would greatly appreciate it. Otherwise I'm going to sell out and call my cable company or geek squad or somebody to come over. (Plus I'm missing out on BF 2142 matches because of this...)

Hi Keith, what is your rated speed from your ISP?

Help & Tips broadbandnuts.com - CableNut Tcp/Ip Analyzer TCPOptimizer drtweak.com - Dr Tweak

I honestly do not know.

In TCP Optimizer................click file and then...Restore Windows Default Setting.

Thanks. I'll try it when I get home. I'm gonna take the wireless router off and do that on both pcs. Then reinstall the router. Hopefully it works...

restored defaults. Helped out a lot. Downloads from 1up on the computer downstairs and up are around 100 kb for podcasts. I'm guessing i'll be fine in games and hoping it's only 100 due to traffic...

thanks again