Thread: Computer Restarts By It Self, And Freezes

Computer Restarts By It Self, And Freezes

I have a Dell Dimension XPSB1000 Pentium Processor III at 1GHz. 45 GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive. 8x/4x/32x CD-RW, 32MB DDR nVida GeForce 2 GTS 4x APG Graphics Card. 128MB RDRAM Dell Edition for ME which i took out and put xp and functions normal. And thats the basic concepts of it. Today I looked inside and saw a lot of dust. So i took a blowdryer put it on cool and blew it out did not damage or burn anywires. So i put the computer back on and it restarts 2 times in a row. Then a message appears and it Says New Hardware. So after finally getting it to stop restarting i click on my name and after about 1min it freezes. I try it again it freezes. Why does this happen? It was working perfect yesterday. Nothing like this happened yesterday just started happening today.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    I'd take everything out, using proper grounding caution, and reseat each device. Maybe some thermal creep has something just a wee bit off.

128 megs with WinXP...hope you have some patience.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

If that doesn't work, realize dell doesn't make longevity a priority and it may be time for a new pc.

Do what Cat said, and make sure nothing felt into ram dimms or video card, make sure all the cables are where they should be, tighten then up, use flashlight it helps a lot.
    To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata

Actually i have a custom build one but that one is the one everyone in the house uses. So this is the one i use for downloads, progames and other stuff. And i am about to take a closer look to see if anything where its not supposed to be.