Thread: Throttle Body Spacers

R.I.P. 2017-10-02 Joint Chiefs of Staff's Avatar

Throttle Body Spacers

Question.

Are they worth purchasing. Thinking of getting one for my Liberty.
    >>Cult Master of International Affairs<<

what is the purpose of installing one of those deals, supposed to improve power or something ???

got a link to what you are looking at ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    what is the purpose of installing one of those deals, supposed to improve power or something ???

got a link to what you are looking at ?
    Fuel economy and power. Let me find the link.

Don't bother bro.......they were made for carb'd engines, does nothing on modern fuel injected engines, save your money and get an intake/exhaust........I, along with many other people, learned this the hardway.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

x2 on what Prey said JCOS. Go out and purchase a cold air intake.

Quote Originally Posted by Prey521
    Don't bother bro.......they were made for carb'd engines, does nothing on modern fuel injected engines, save your money and get an intake/exhaust........I, along with many other people, learned this the hardway.
    Yep. On a carbed engine or a TBI engine they work because your giving more time for the air/fuel to atomize. However with fuel injected engines, fuel is added after the TB, so all your doing is putting another inch or two for the air to travel. Which inturn is actually robbing your system.

Now they do give it that swooshing sound when throttling up, but not worth the loss you get. About the best thing to do to the throttle body is a bore job, to give more airflow. But then all other things need to be calibrated and or added to allow for correct mixture.

Quickest gains as were said would be a cold air intake and flowing exhaust. Another quick and easy upgrades may be pulleys and reprogramed chip. From there you could go crazy with upgrades. lol
    Test Your Speed Here

Previously known as beaker1.

Yeah, the swooshing sound is cool if you're into that, but not worth the loss! I want to get an exhaust setup soon. I have a modded PCM and intake so far, but the upcoming baby and my current employment status prevents me from further upgrades..................for now
    Last edited by Prey521; 10-14-06 at 01:38 PM.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

What im loving now is the high pitch sound coming from my supercharger ever since installing the CAI. And the fall temperatures....ahhhh, much colder air getting into the engine now. I can definitely feel a power difference from the summer air to the fall air regarding engine power.

Quote Originally Posted by Prey521
    save your money and get an intake/exhaust........I, along with many other people, learned this the hardway.
    Have one on ordered as well. Guess it couldn't hurt to have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Illini25
    What im loving now is the high pitch sound coming from my supercharger ever since installing the CAI. And the fall temperatures....ahhhh, much colder air getting into the engine now. I can definitely feel a power difference from the summer air to the fall air regarding engine power.
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

I installed my K&B Cold Air Instake on the Liberty and saved over 1/4 of tank of gas this week. When I get back from leave I'll get the fuel injector nozzles hand cleaned and see if I get even better performance.

The increase in HP is also very noticeable.

nevermind...........
    Last edited by Rainbow; 11-03-06 at 10:37 PM.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Quote Originally Posted by Joint Chiefs of Staff
    I installed my K&B Cold Air Instake on the Liberty and saved over 1/4 of tank of gas this week. When I get back from leave I'll get the fuel injector nozzles hand cleaned and see if I get even better performance.

The increase in HP is also very noticeable.
    Borla or Gibson exhaust system!
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Folding with AMD POWER Loonatic's Avatar
    On modern vehicles, a catback, intake system and good tune will go a long way in improving the vehicle.

My car stock will usually run 14.8-15.1. With a pulley swap, intake, exhaust and raised shift points, I ran a 13.9 @ 100mph. This is in a Buick Regal mind you.
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Patrick...it's too bad you dont get the cold winter air where you are. Even a bigger difference in power. Only benefit of the cold that I can deal with, LOL. Other than that, I still hate the cold. 19f this morning.

I love the winter cold for driving, but hate the fact that they pour extra ethanol into gas during the winter, kills the gas mileage.