Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wallace-Clinton combat draws big ratings

Wallace-Clinton combat draws big ratings

i cant believe no one posted this yet.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...p/15606503.htm

Bill owned his ass imho.

Been reading a lot about it even before it was telecast. The text version has been online since Wednesday or Thursday.

I don't get Faux. Even though the 9-11 commision, the CIA, the FBI, and Clarke (someone who Clinton mentioned maybe a dozen times) has stated there were some errors, the charges that have been leveled against Clinton by talk radio, conservative talking heads and just about every newscaster/opinion giver on Faux News are flat out wrong. We know it and they know it.

It goes to show there is a conservative bias to spin the facts when the topic of bin Laden comes up.

Did anyone see it live?

I did, it was pure entertainment value watching a dignitary reem a reporter.

Quote Originally Posted by CableDude
    Did anyone see it live?
    Well it really wasn't live. It was recorded Wednesday or Thursday.

Fox didn't edit it though from reading the transcripts.

I caught both parts yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty
    I did, it was pure entertainment value watching a dignitary reem a reporter.

I saw parts of it this morning on CNN Headline news......

....Gotta run Deal or no Deal is on.

Quote Originally Posted by downhill
    you know what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty
    you know what I meant.
    I do and I agee with you. Wallace DID mean to ambush Clinton. His downfall was he really wasn't prepared. He tired to shut Clinton up several times but hey...he ask the question and Clinton was going to give an answer.

The remark about the smirk was priceless.

The only bad part about the show was the panel that followed afterwards and the steady stream of Clinton bashing from them Faux News talking heads.

Blog Entries
    I would have thought tabloid interviews beneath a former president.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Yes
    I would have thought tabloid interviews beneath a former president.
    David, they are.

Clinton agreed to go on for a 15 minutes with half the show promised to be about the Clinton Global Initiative.

Wallace ask around three questons that were semi related then 4 minutes into the interview, hit Clinton up with a bin Laden question that Wallace stated was from tons of emails that he received..(Mostly from Hannity, O'Reily, and Murdoch. )

Of course Clinton agreed to 15 minutes of any questions would have at least been framed honestly.

If you have time, this is entertaining.

When they kick at your front door, how you gonna come? With your hands at your head, or the trigger of your gun?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoNut
    Wow Keith, stop holding back and tell us how you really feel!!

Tell it like it is, Keith!!
    Feelings about religion: I believe in a dogma-free personal Prime Mover.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoNut
    Wow, that was an interesting read.

Bill was just pissed that he didn't get sugar water interviews like he's used to.......One tough question and he's screaming bloody murder. I think he did the only thing he could have done there...try and look tough to hopefully boost the image of the democratic party and try and make it look like he stood strong trying to get Bin Laden when Neo-Cons were telling him he was doing too much. All talk, No Action, he's the epitome of his party.

Funny thing is, if Bush reacted like that to every accusatory question he gets, you would all be demanding his head for not being able to take the heat.

Bush has been baselessly accused of everything from blowing the levees to kill blacks to having Bin Laden hidden in the White House and, even then, I have yet to see him wave his finger at an interviewer's face.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Quote Originally Posted by Prey521
    even then, I have yet to see him wave his finger at an interviewer's face.
    Thats cuz Bush is busy watching sesame street and the blue collar comedy tour.

Prey, show me one interview where Bush was really asked hard questions in the same ambushed manor that Clinton was.

I remember one the other day but can't remember the reporters name. Bush was all but thumping him on the chest about asking him about his warrentless spy program. Bush wasn't ambushed.....

Also, the Fox deal was a setup. The news has been pretty much how Clinton beat up poor ol' innocent Wallace, while nary a header on the substance of Clinton's answer. Wallace did his best to keep Clinton from answering him when it was certain that Clinton was making him look the fool. You'd think a reporter would have some idea of the history of 9-11 before he went up against someone who was certainly his superior in verbal sparring.

Quote Originally Posted by downhill
    Prey, show me one interview where Bush was really asked hard questions in the same ambushed manor that Clinton was.

I remember one the other day but can't remember the reporters name. Bush was all but thumping him on the chest about asking him about his warrentless spy program. Bush wasn't ambushed.....

Also, the Fox deal was a setup. The news has been pretty much how Clinton beat up poor ol' innocent Wallace, while nary a header on the substance of Clinton's answer. Wallace did his best to keep Clinton from answering him when it was certain that Clinton was making him look the fool. You'd think a reporter would have some idea of the history of 9-11 before he went up against someone who was certainly his superior in verbal sparring.
    no kidding....Bush won't allow any tough questions to be asked....that pansy has to have all his chit pre-approved cuz god forbid he's made to look like a bigger buffoon than he already is .....Wallace is a fraud anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Izzo
    no kidding....Bush won't allow any tough questions to be asked....that pansy has to have all his chit pre-approved cuz god forbid he's made to look like a bigger buffoon than he already is .....Wallace is a fraud anyway
    Most of his public speaking is at military installations anyway.
    Feelings about religion: I believe in a dogma-free personal Prime Mover.