Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: s2000

  1. #1
    Moderator David's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Nova Caesarea
    Posts
    9,356
    Blog Entries
    1

    s2000

    I have had an itch for one. 2004 or newer for the larger engine. Has anyone here driven one?

    Hell_Yes

    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

    "Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

    It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

  2. #2
    Rehabilitated Spammer Massa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    2,432
    I haven't personally but a good friend's brother in law has one, and he says the car is a blast to drive. Good power and handling, but the ride is a little less smooth since it's a sports car. Good luck finding first hand info.

  3. #3
    Token Dial-up User De Plano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    4,072
    I hear they are fun. To keep it in the power band takes some pretty serious balls it seems. Keeping a car at 6000 rpm through some twistys would keep you at the edge of your seat.

    Good luck and I would be interested in hearing what you think of it

  4. #4
    Chinese Vampire tHE_0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Williamsburg/Norfolk VA
    Posts
    5,871
    I have, I driven the older ones and the newer ones when I worked at Honda.

    Great little cars! they feel like a go-kart, handles very well. My friend has a 02 s2k he lets me drive it if he drives my dads nsx's the shifting is very close and crisp and the redline is a little different than the newer ones note much. The newer ones I use to shift into 5600 rpms (reline is like 8500?) at Honda test driving them and the ass end would go sideways, very fast car, runs 13.6's-14.0's stock. I love taking them around turns, they go where you want them too not much body roll. Hardtop s2000s ($2-$3k for the hardtop) looks extremely sexy.

    4 cyc engine, good gas mileage, not much maintence required. Seen on a s2000 fourm some people have over 250k and they are running strong. Oh yeah s2000 engines are all forged inside, perfect for boost and upgrades

    My~Rig
    |Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Toledo 2.0GHz @ 2.5Ghz||ASROCK 939Dual-SATA2||OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC3200|ZALMAN 120MM CNPS7700-CU|
    |ATI XT 1600 PRO|CSB SB0570 Audigy SE 7.1||WD SE16 SATA 320GB HD|Hitachi SATA 160GB HD|Thermaltake TR2 W0070 ATX 430W Power Supply |WIN 7 Ultimate| (College Budget)

  5. #5
    Moderator David's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Nova Caesarea
    Posts
    9,356
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by tHE_0ne
    I have, I driven the older ones and the newer ones when I worked at Honda.

    Great little cars! they feel like a go-kart, handles very well. My friend has a 02 s2k he lets me drive it if he drives my dads nsx's the shifting is very close and crisp and the redline is a little different than the newer ones note much. The newer ones I use to shift into 5600 rpms (reline is like 8500?) at Honda test driving them and the ass end would go sideways, very fast car, runs 13.6's-14.0's stock. I love taking them around turns, they go where you want them too not much body roll. Hardtop s2000s ($2-$3k for the hardtop) looks extremely sexy.

    4 cyc engine, good gas mileage, not much maintence required. Seen on a s2000 fourm some people have over 250k and they are running strong. Oh yeah s2000 engines are all forged inside, perfect for boost and upgrades

    Thank you for the information and especially your experiences. I will be test driving a 2005 this weekend.

    Hell_Yes

    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

    "Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

    It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

  6. #6
    Elite Member mountainman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    15,451
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Yes
    Thank you for the information and especially your experiences. I will be test driving a 2005 this weekend.
    Looking forward to the report!

    (And pics?)

  7. #7
    Chinese Vampire tHE_0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Williamsburg/Norfolk VA
    Posts
    5,871
    how did the test drive go?

    My~Rig
    |Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Toledo 2.0GHz @ 2.5Ghz||ASROCK 939Dual-SATA2||OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC3200|ZALMAN 120MM CNPS7700-CU|
    |ATI XT 1600 PRO|CSB SB0570 Audigy SE 7.1||WD SE16 SATA 320GB HD|Hitachi SATA 160GB HD|Thermaltake TR2 W0070 ATX 430W Power Supply |WIN 7 Ultimate| (College Budget)

  8. #8
    Token Dial-up User De Plano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    4,072
    Enquiring minds want to know, how did it go?

  9. #9
    Moderator David's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Nova Caesarea
    Posts
    9,356
    Blog Entries
    1
    The test drive went well. Being 6'1", 180#, the car was a rather tight fit. Otherwise, the ergonomics were excellent. As many have explained, this puppy can yield rather pedestrian pull at lower revs. Where it shines is in the 5500 to 8500 rpm range, classic Honda vtec. The car has a great balance feel, although it does have a procilivity to break loose at the rear wheels.

    I will not be buying this particular car. The previous owner put a bit too much wear on the brakes for 29K miles.

    A hunt for the proper color scheme and price is in order.

    Hell_Yes

    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

    "Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

    It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

  10. #10
    Moderator YeOldeStonecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Posts
    50,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Yes
    Being 6'1", 180#, the car was a rather tight fit. Otherwise, the ergonomics were excellent.
    I was wondering how you'd do there...you appear to be relatively tall in your pics.....being 6'4" and 205...I'm somewhat more sensitive to fit, egress, etc. Have driven a Miata a bit..luckily for short drives..too small for me. Windshield frame right in view...I find myself hunching down a wee bit just to see well. Disturbingly so at stoplights.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

  11. #11
    Moderator David's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Nova Caesarea
    Posts
    9,356
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat
    I was wondering how you'd do there...you appear to be relatively tall in your pics.....being 6'4" and 205...I'm somewhat more sensitive to fit, egress, etc. Have driven a Miata a bit..luckily for short drives..too small for me. Windshield frame right in view...I find myself hunching down a wee bit just to see well. Disturbingly so at stoplights.

    We do have an inordinate amount of 6 foot plus individuals on this site. I am left to wonder if there is any consideration for tall people in the realm of auto design.

    Hell_Yes

    Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

    "Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

    It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

  12. #12
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    69,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Yes
    We do have an inordinate amount of 6 foot plus individuals on this site. I am left to wonder if there is any consideration for tall people in the realm of auto design.

    Not in the Pathfinder lineup. Big SUV and I'm hitting my head just to squeeze in to the thing.

Similar Threads

  1. Honda S2000
    By Brubbles in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-01-05, 12:42 PM
  2. The 2005 Honda S2000
    By minir in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-14-05, 05:04 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •