Thread: 5 years on, hunt for bin Laden is chasing shadows and raising local tensions

5 years on, hunt for bin Laden is chasing shadows and raising local tensions

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cpress/20060...11_bin_laden_1

Yet Afghan officials allege that Pakistan is sanctuary for Taliban rebel leaders and lets them recruit from radical Islamic schools. They even suggest that Pakistan is hiding bin Laden, perhaps to ensure Pakistan remains of strategic importance to Washington.

"We believe he is being kept as a prize, as an ultimate bargaining chip," said a senior Afghan government official, who declined to be identified due to the sensitivity of his comments.

I quite believe his sensitivity Debbie. I believe even more he fears for his life if identified.

For Bin Laden not to have been located by now is at least questionable even in Pakistan/Afghanistan.
    Croc.
    It will be long, it will be hard and there will be no withdrawal.
    Winston Churchill
    Remember: Wherever you go in life, you take yourself with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Croc
    I quite believe his sensitivity Debbie. I believe even more he fears for his life if identified.

For Bin Laden not to have been located by now is at least questionable even in Pakistan/Afghanistan.
    I wasn't rolling my eyes at the fact that he did not want to identify himself. That is understandable because they would snipe him out.

I do believe that one of those countries are helping Bin Laden out. Sooner or later, something has to give.

RIP PoppaTom
    I think there is a pretty good possibility he is dead.
    Formerly Neil King, grandson of PoppaTom

How hard are we really looking?

The CIA doesn't think he's dead.
    My guess is, (just a guess) he's in eastern Pakistan, living the good life.

Even if he were found and either killed or brought to justice..I'm of the opinion that it wouldn't have nearly the effect now as it would have 4 years ago. I don't think Al Qeada needs him as a figurehead anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. King
    I think there is a pretty good possibility he is dead.
    In this case, I will not believe it until they find his rotten body.

He's a coward.