Thread: ..a bad attack of Nats..

..a bad attack of Nats..

..from the speed test here, a fully explained one, thankyou, i've got a NAT service, an inefficient one ( we all love Smart-wifi...) as taskmanager tells me i'm running at 0.9% of the available 100Mbs. Symptoms are speed tests that don't use my IP, and variable dl-uls that get throttled when good, 150kBs drops to 20 in 3 seconds, or when a local cybercafe comes on-line after school closes become disastrously low, like 2kB

..i've tried and am still trying the ISPs ports but so far nothing, all closed, (no not hacking, i'm trying to get out, not in) and the next step would appear to be resetting the TCP-IP on my machine.

.. in theory increasing the TCP_IP will enable me to use more bandwidth and so give better dl/uls , but this could be at the expense of other local users if i get too greedy, i'd settle for 5-10% tops of the advertised available. Is this correct ?

..technical stuff...Infra-Red transmit/receive with direct LOS on the target mast at 500m, computer HP Pav 512RAM on XP-pro, with in-built Realtek 100mbs capable

..oookkkkk, now is it possible, when in a NAT situation, such that the ISP gets all the speed testing, to use the ISP's address for dls ? and get them forwarded from there

..or is there any way i can get the ISP's machines to work for me, we are part of the same LAN after all

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    How is your wireless setup?

Hard to measure with wireless, there are so many variables.

I don't follow you about the ISPs IP vs your IP. You talking about your private IP address behind the router, versus the public IP address the WAN side of your router obtains?
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!