Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: xbox360

xbox360

I have to say it kick ass.
    I so supriced how good the games are looking if you got good TV, its something you cant even compare with old xbox.
    I will propably mod it later so i can put there media player and some movie applications.
    I'm waiting for the new game DEAD RISING its propably already released but first i wanna finish project dark zero or whatever its called lol
    To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by rivas
    if you got good TV, its something you cant even compare with old xbox.

Its usually a given that the next generation consoles look better than the last, even on normal TVs.

Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar
    yup 360 is comparable to some pc games when hooked to an hdtv set. I haven't picked one up yet, can't justify the price for the small selection of games. ALSO both games i want i can get on the pc! (COD2 and GRAW)
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

J B K M

Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RoscoPColtrane
    yup 360 is comparable to some pc games when hooked to an hdtv set. I haven't picked one up yet, can't justify the price for the small selection of games. ALSO both games i want i can get on the pc! (COD2 and GRAW)
    I hooked it up to my HD lcd TV 27" and it was looking great.Then i decided im gonna try it on 61" WS HD DLP monitor and what a difference.Its looking way better over there.I picked one at dell they had special on it for $400 bucks with 2 wireless controlers,HDD,XBOX LIVE and 1 free game.(around 320 USD).
    Like i said before i dont play games at all but now im really hooked up.Its awesome.Gonna buy DEAD RISING tomorrow i hope its available over here already.

- Emiliano Zapata

Yeah, Dead Rising should be out in Canada as well, but be warned, the game is very old school in many ways. Boss fights that can be a little tough (assuming you aren't well-armed when you walk into them, as a hockey stick won't do much against a sniper rifle), the save system is less than forgiving (I understand why it was done that way, but it can still be a pain), and you have very little time for free-roaming, at least on your first time through the game. Also, weapons don't even seem to last as long as they did in System Shock, so be prepared to watch your sledge hammers or katanas break after a dozen or so swings.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim
    Yeah, Dead Rising should be out in Canada as well, but be warned, the game is very old school in many ways. Boss fights that can be a little tough (assuming you aren't well-armed when you walk into them, as a hockey stick won't do much against a sniper rifle), the save system is less than forgiving (I understand why it was done that way, but it can still be a pain), and you have very little time for free-roaming, at least on your first time through the game. Also, weapons don't even seem to last as long as they did in System Shock, so be prepared to watch your sledge hammers or katanas break after a dozen or so swings.
    Thanks Jim
    I'm gonna read about this game more before i buy it lil bit more ,i dont wanna be bored,i just hope its really scary.

- Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by rivas
    Thanks Jim
    I'm gonna read about this game more before i buy it lil bit more ,i dont wanna be bored,i just hope its really scary.
    Actually, it isn't that scary. If anything, it has a tint of a cheesy B-movie zombie flick versus the more dead-on type you'd see in Resident Evil (well, at least the RE games that don't feature "the master of unlocking" and such). It's a very bloody game, no doubt, but I wouldn't call it scary.

If you have XBL (Silver or Gold), they have a playable demo you can download. It's time limited (~15 minutes) and only gives you a small portion of the mall, but it should give you an idea of how it plays.

Actually, it isn't that scary. If anything, it has a tint of a cheesy B-movie zombie flick versus the more dead-on type you'd see in Resident Evil (well, at least the RE games that don't feature "the master of unlocking" and such). It's a very bloody game, no doubt, but I wouldn't call it scary.

If you have XBL (Silver or Gold), they have a playable demo you can download. It's time limited (~15 minutes) and only gives you a small portion of the mall, but it should give you an idea of how it plays.
    Thanks for advice i loved it
    Went to 4 stores .....SOLD EVERYWHERE

- Emiliano Zapata

for scary wait for RE5! if its half as good as re4 i will be happy!
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

J B K M

for scary wait for RE5! if its half as good as re4 i will be happy!

- Emiliano Zapata

JIM did you mod you xbox 360 with the new Hitachi fiirmware?

- Emiliano Zapata

what do the mods do? does it void your live accounts?

J B K M

what do the mods do? does it void your live accounts?
    first off you have to take it out,connect it to sata on your pc,make a back up of the firmware (the original one) and then upload there new firmware (hacked one).If you wanna connect to live you have to upload there the original firmware and vice versa.You need kit for it,it cost like 25 bucks i think.
    If im not gonna be able buy Dead Rising this week im downloading it.

- Emiliano Zapata

Finished dark zero awesome action game only 13 levels tho
    Dead Rising kick a$$,bought it 2 days ago,oh my what a bloody game.
    I have to get into mall to save some guy and there is standing 300 zombies,so i'm grabing whatever i can,garbage containers,gas tanks,chairs,its not helping so many of them lol.Its scary game,when i opened door one zombie poped out,was missing half of the face so i jumped lol,i was like wtf lmao.The crushing skulls rocks and music is awesome,only one things bothers me its the constant loading when ur going somewhere else(elevetar,opening doors and so on).

- Emiliano Zapata

constant loading for next rooms is what zombie games is about! remember RE1 for psx? my favorite part of RE2 was when it went to a door screen (loading) and a zombie popped out while it was "loading" almost shat myself!

J B K M

I hate loading screens on PC or consoles. You would think they would have eliminated them by now.

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF
    I hate loading screens on PC or consoles. You would think they would have eliminated them by now.
    Some games have to a certain extent, but sadly, they're still around for the most part.

I love consoles, but I can't stand using controllers.

Wish I could plug a mouse and keyboard into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shagster
    I love consoles, but I can't stand using controllers.

Wish I could plug a mouse and keyboard into it.
    I agree with you on games like shooters or RTS titles (as good of a job EA did in putting LOTR:BFMI2 on a console, it's a pain in the ass to control compared to the keyboard and mouse on a PC), but I feel that other types are better suited for a gamepad (be it for a console or PC). I tend to prefer controlling sports, racing (if no wheel is being used), platformers, and most action titles with a gamepad.

I agree with you on games like shooters or RTS titles (as good of a job EA did in putting LOTR:BFMI2 on a console, it's a pain in the ass to control compared to the keyboard and mouse on a PC), but I feel that other types are better suited for a gamepad (be it for a console or PC). I tend to prefer controlling sports, racing (if no wheel is being used), platformers, and most action titles with a gamepad.
    Oh yeah, racing I agree with, I use a belkin nostromo for my computer when play NFS. Never played sports games on my computer though, only the console, since I only play with friends.

NFL2k for the dreamcast