Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anone having problems after installing the last Microsoft patches?

I did my wireless connection kept going in and out so I system restored it and that fixed the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus1027
    I did my wireless connection kept going in and out so I system restored it and that fixed the problem.
    Interesting. One of the machines that I updated is wireless and I'm not aware of any problems with it.

Quote Originally Posted by CableDude
    Interesting. One of the machines that I updated is wireless and I'm not aware of any problems with it.
    maybe its cause I have Netgear stuff. Or its a weird fluke who knows it is microsoft.

In past few months the term msupdate is sort of an oxymoron. I haven't installed an update in at least 6 months & I am no more at risk or insecure than anyone with all current updates given the way my lan is setup.
    No one has any right to force data on you
    and command you to believe it or else.
    If it is not true for you, it isn't true.

LRH

Quote Originally Posted by TonyT
    In past few months the term msupdate is sort of an oxymoron. I haven't installed an update in at least 6 months & I am no more at risk or insecure than anyone with all current updates given the way my lan is setup.
    You shouldn't have posted this info on a public fourm. The Dept. of Homland Security should be paying you a visit, shortly.

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow
    Yes, updated a bunch the other day and a handful came back with various problems all due to some windows services being disabled.
    If your having problems check here first. This happened to me on about 5 machines out of about 30 so far.

It hosed the bluetooth sw (usb dongle) and I had to reinstall - wouldn't allow secure connections until I did. Said my file transfer service was unavailable...
    anything is possible - nothing is free

Quote Originally Posted by Blisster
    It *would* be brokeback bay if I in fact went and hung out with Skye and co (did I mention he is teh hotness?)

Dave's World also mentioned having some problems with an IE cumulative update at Stonecat's meet.

I did 25 machines today and am not aware of any issues.

keywords are "I am not aware"

I reinstalled the updates and haven't had a problem strange very strange.

I updated, I think Friday. (Windows 2k Pro, no previous problems) IE has encounter several errors today and restarted itself each time...
    I haven't had time to investigate, but I hadn't been having problems with IE before...

Dammit! It did it twice while trying to post this! I'll be kickin' it's butt tomorrow...

After installing ms-critical update KB918899 internet explorer would crash at certain sites with "internet explorer encountered an error and must be restarted " after researching I found that it is a known problem that microsoft is working on, I also found a temp workaround, open up IE, then go to tools/internet options/advanced tab/ and deselect "use HTTP 1.1", then reboot (very important),here's some more info. about getting the hot fix but you have to call MS to get the link and a password, I did this and everthing is running great.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923762/en-us
    http://www.microsoft.com/communities...61674f5e47&p=1
    ASUS P4P800 865PE Springdale
    P4 2.4c
    ATI Radeon 9600Pro 128
    Crucial 512 PC3200
    Antec 660B Performance Plus Case
    Antec TruePower 330
    Linksys Cable/DSL Router

Why should any of us have to call for MS' screwup? They should put their damn hotfix on the windows update site or somewhere anyone that is having the problem can get it.

Damn MS.

What sites? I'm going to try this tomorrow.

Most of the machines I have done so far are XP SP2. I did do a bunch of W2k sp4. I'll test tomorrow........

......maybe.

Most of the machines I have done so far are XP SP2. I did do a bunch of W2k sp4. I'll test tomorrow........

......maybe.

no more posting in this thread till you get a new avatar up!

or may all your future MS updates cause you suffering!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's World
    After installing ms-critical update KB918899 internet explorer would crash at certain sites with "internet explorer encountered an error and must be restarted " after researching I found that it is a known problem that microsoft is working on, I also found a temp workaround, open up IE, then go to tools/internet options/advanced tab/ and deselect "use HTTP 1.1", then reboot (very important),here's some more info. about getting the hot fix but you have to call MS to get the link and a password, I did this and everthing is running great.
    http://www.microsoft.com/communities...61674f5e47&p=1
    That seems to have fixed it, Thanks Dave!
    From the MS link posted above by Dave;
    SYMPTOMS

loadTOCNode(1, 'symptoms');Consider the following scenario. You run Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 (SP1) on a computer that is running Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack (SP1) or Microsoft Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4 (SP4). You install the Internet Explorer cumulative security update that is documented in Microsoft Knowledge Base article 918899. In this scenario, Internet Explorer unexpectedly exits when you view a Web site that uses the HTTP 1.1 protocol and compression. Back to the top

RESOLUTION

loadTOCNode(1, 'resolution');A new version of security update 918899 is currently in development and will be released to all Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 customers by August 22, 2006. The new update will be available on the Microsoft Download Center and by using Windows Update. Customers who are using any version of Internet Explorer other than Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 together with any Windows version are not affected by this release and do not have to take any action. We recommend that customers who are not experiencing this issue continue to deploy security update 918899 in their environments to receive protection from the vulnerabilities that are documented in security bulletin MS06-042. Customers who experience this issue should apply the new security update when it is available. Customers who want to avoid the issue before the new security update is available may apply hotfix 923762.

Anyone have a test site?

Re-release on its way.

I'll catch it on the next round (I'm still not finished with this month yet).

Anyone have a test site?
    Yes, and you are currently on it, if you are reading this post... (Please refer to my posts a few posts up ^)