Thread: So I Was Written Up At Work........

Angry So I Was Written Up At Work........

A few weeks ago, one of our sites (Hackensack, NJ) was hit by a lightning storm....took out the Cisco router, switch, few NIC's on PC's and the NIC on the biometric clock. We were also having problems at another branch in Jersey, Hawthorne, not that far apart from each other.

The storm hit at the end of the business day. Since I was already on my way to Hawthorne the following morning, my boss told me to load up on some supplies (Nics, cat5's, etc...) and that after I finished configuring the Hawthorne router, to head on over to Hackensack and meet up with the Cisco tech that was replacing the damaged hardware.

So Thursday afternoon, the Hawthorne config gets cancelled........at no point does she tell me to NOT go to Hackensack....being that they were completely shut down and had no communications and is a high priority branch, it was assumed that they needed to be put back online (my fault, should've know with the idiots in this place to not make assumptions of that nature)

Friday morning, I call my boss from the road, few miles from our HQ's to let her know that I was on my way to Hackensack, she says OK.

I speak to her several times throughout the day keeping her updated......a little after noon, the job's done and I head on back to HQ's, get there at around 1. As soon as I walk in, I get called into her office. In her hand is a disciplinary report because I went to Hackensack, without authorization!

She went on to say that since I was no longer going to Hawthorne, that I was not supposed to go to Hackensack. Then I tell her that how were they supposed to get back online? She says that they could've sent the equipment up, had it configured, and then sent back down! (My "boss", is a complete moron and has no idea what she's doing in this place when it comes to anything network/desktop related)

I told her that at no point in the numerous times that we spoke that morning, did you mention that I was NOT supposed to be there, not a single time. So I fill out the report with my own comments, I let them know how much BS this was, and I didn't sign it. Then she said that I had to sign it for it to be on record. I refused and told her that this report was BS and to forge my sig if you wanted too, but I wasn't. I felt like quitting right on the spot, but that other job near my home is not secure yet, so I didn't jump the gun.

So today, it turns out that they're not reimbursing me for my travel time to/from that branch, which is .455 per mile ($40), even though I busted my ass that day getting them back online, which is something that needed to be done onsite, and not remotely.

This company is full of MORONS! Can't wait to give my 5 minutes notice

I hope all 18 branches burn to the ground

rant over
    Last edited by Prey521; 08-10-06 at 12:00 PM.

LoL...brings back memories of Citi.....The asshats there looked like a friggin deer in headlights when I told them I wouldn't be signing one of their BS write-ups. Priceless.

I love write ups, there even better as a union member.

Hell I've been written up for:

Completing my job early
    Talking while there is no work to do
    Going to the bathroom 3 times in a shift
    Drinking too much water
    and then into the ones where they tried to tell me I wasnt doing enough work, so glad to be out of there.

Damn Yard!

R.I.P. 2017-10-02 Joint Chiefs of Staff's Avatar
    Is this the first time you have been written up at by your present management? If so, don't sweat it but I would fight for the payment of my expenses or that would be the last time I would use my POV for that company.
    Last edited by Joint Chiefs of Staff; 08-10-06 at 01:28 PM.
    >>Cult Master of International Affairs<<

Nope, I was written up before for refusing to do some BS paperwork that has nothing to do with IT. CFO wanted me to sort a huge stack of phone logs, then match them up with the appropriate branch, hell no.....my boss told me that he would do the same thing to the guy that I replaced. I told the CFO the same thing, that I wasn't signing it, he's a douchebag.

Good idea about using my personal vehicle though. Not gonna bother fighting it, just gonna tell them to get me a vehicle, or to shove it, next time a branch visit is needed

my vehicle would be unavailable for company use if they won't reimburse
    My son ... ask for thyself another internet connection, for that which I leave is too slow for thee

Assembly Required
    @ Prey being written up!

Dude, make sure you eat plenty of collards and drink plenty of prune juice prior to giving her your parting gift.

LOL, making sure to visit Taco Bell that day

And Zilog, damn skippy!

Assembly Required
    Quote Originally Posted by Prey521

LOL, making sure to visit Taco Bell that day
    EEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW!

FTW!!!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

just show up late for work, and tell them that is for the 40$ that they owed you
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilog B
    Loading the dishwasher at brembo's house means bringing the fiancee a sixpack home.

I'm salaried, doesn't matter LOL

Prey, first time you ever been written up?..I have been written up so many times that I have my own folder, On their computer at Human Resources (Personal)..I always ask them, do you want something done efficiently or by the book?..I always tell them when I am written up, good, I needed more scrap paper..!!

Prey, don't sweat the small stuff..Just play their game and it will come back and bite them in the Ass.......

chevyman....
    When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer "Present" or "Not guilty."
    Theodore Roosevelt

SG Enthusiast
    I can't believe it - I was sure they would've tagged you for something attitudinal.
    ...or shopping animal pr0n on eBay
    anything is possible - nothing is free

Quote Originally Posted by Blisster
    It *would* be brokeback bay if I in fact went and hung out with Skye and co (did I mention he is teh hotness?)

Quote Originally Posted by Prey521
    This company is full of MORONS! Can't wait to give my 5 minutes notice

I hope all 18 branches burn to the ground
    Thats it.. thats the last straw..

"Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof, We all must meet our moment of truth." - Guru

Quote Originally Posted by chevyman282
    Prey, first time you ever been written up?..I have been written up so many times that I have my own folder, On their computer at Human Resources (Personal)..I always ask them, do you want something done efficiently or by the book?..I always tell them when I am written up, good, I needed more scrap paper..!!

Prey, don't sweat the small stuff..Just play their game and it will come back and bite them in the Ass.......

chevyman....
    Oh, it will def by them in the ass when I walk out without notice

LMAO @ Kold!

Note: That is really Prey typing, I did not hijack his account.

CD

SG Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by CableDude
    Note: That is really Prey typing, I did not hijack his account.

CD
    My fault for bringing up four-legged-pr0n
    anything is possible - nothing is free

Quote Originally Posted by Blisster
    It *would* be brokeback bay if I in fact went and hung out with Skye and co (did I mention he is teh hotness?)