Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: A series of surgeries upcoming for me

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Glad ya made it through it. One more step is done.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

I'm glad it went well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post

There are idiots everywhere.

At work, in forums, in poetry classes, everywhere!

Thanks again fellas!

In general this has been a medical nightmare from day one. Some of our health care systems and requirements just plain suck in this state. Today however...I feel I have won, whether or not any further treatment can be done as in the groin surgery, the answer to which has now been postponed until Friday via phone call. No clue!! what that might mean!!

However, throughout it all...they have NOT broken my spirt, nor my fight! The body might be in a bit of a wreck...but the attitude is still intact! I have...in fact won this part of the battle...there are no further road blocks they can throw in my path..they have all been exhausted..and hurdled!

My own personal physican has told more that one horror story in this field...where people are beaten down by all the procedures, delays, re-testings because time limits have expired...as I myself am due now for a couple of follow ups, and they just quit...give up and lay down. Well..I may lay down...but guess who is gonna have the last very big smile!
    Mystical Folding Minx

I just had an interesting idea cross my mind, and thought I would share it. Someone musta dropped a nickle in me today. As a patient advocate, I have often run trouble shooting for our cancer people with private insurance companies over many issues...and saved them the grief of having those hassles as well...along with what they are dealing with anyway, part of the job. Private insurance companies can be a pain as well...but NOTHING like the State of California is! Cheesh!!

I wonder how much extra training it would take for me to become an advocate for patients dealing with State insurance issues. That just might be a thought, if it could be handled at home. Regardless of my personal outcome here...whether the final decision is a go or a no...I will be spending a great deal of time right here at home, with resources right at my fingertips. I do know a couple of people I can speak with about this...and maybe get some ideas. Maybe I have been looking in the wrong areas with continuing my writing, and the calling actually is indeed somewhere else? Whatcha think guys and gals? Or maybe even a personal support site? I KNOW how much the support here has done for me...and what it means. Just some thoughts.
    Mystical Folding Minx

Follow your heart Misty. Look into both ideas and see where it takes you!

Quote Originally Posted by MissTynker2
    ...maybe even a personal support site? ...
    http://www.californiamedicinesucks.com

that domain is available

I just had an interesting idea cross my mind, and thought I would share it. Someone musta dropped a nickle in me today. As a patient advocate, I have often run trouble shooting for our cancer people with private insurance companies over many issues...and saved them the grief of having those hassles as well...along with what they are dealing with anyway, part of the job. Private insurance companies can be a pain as well...but NOTHING like the State of California is! Cheesh!!

I wonder how much extra training it would take for me to become an advocate for patients dealing with State insurance issues. That just might be a thought, if it could be handled at home. Regardless of my personal outcome here...whether the final decision is a go or a no...I will be spending a great deal of time right here at home, with resources right at my fingertips. I do know a couple of people I can speak with about this...and maybe get some ideas. Maybe I have been looking in the wrong areas with continuing my writing, and the calling actually is indeed somewhere else? Whatcha think guys and gals? Or maybe even a personal support site? I KNOW how much the support here has done for me...and what it means. Just some thoughts.
    Imho, taking on the state machine sounds like a lot of aggravation for someone in your condition to put up with.

I know how much you love the volunteering... and helping people. I just feel that taking on the machine will drain your energy and give you too much stress. But you are the tenacious one...

Personal support site... may not be a bad idea considering how much you love that. If you do that I'll donate a web.

Whatever you decide to do, I'm sure it'll work out.

Thanks Deb! I doubt there would be a lot of spare time available, but I would of course not totally give up my writing. I love it too much!! I am more thinking of the experience I myself have had personally through all of this...and how much help it could be to others...if nothing else, they might get an inkling of what to expect! It would have to be licensed of course, and for the moment...they did totally break my finances..so I would need to look into that area as well...and I will!

Thanks Jeff!! Somehow I doubt that title would be highly smiled upon! I do however, along with my thinking, already have several items of value that could be submitted...one is how to protect your home against any possible medical leins for openers, plus several more clues and hints, that are not readily available for or to the public. Prolly would not make myself the most popular person in the world...but then that has never been my prime object!

And thank you kindly for the offer...this would of course not be for now...there is no way I could get that deeply committed...til my own stuffens is done..or not...but I certainly could start some investigative procedures for now.
    Mystical Folding Minx

a book perhaps?

...if nothing else, they might get an inkling of what to expect! ...
    Do you know what the Romans did to bearers of bad news?

Thanks Jeff!! Somehow I doubt that title would be highly smiled upon! I do however, along with my thinking, already have several items of value that could be submitted...one is how to protect your home against any possible medical leins for openers, plus several more clues and hints, that are not readily available for or to the public. Prolly would not make myself the most popular person in the world...but then that has never been my prime object!

And thank you kindly for the offer...this would of course not be for now...there is no way I could get that deeply committed...til my own stuffens is done..or not...but I certainly could start some investigative procedures for now.
    That domain name is not meant to be flattering.

I'm sure you do have some information that could be very useful. The offer stands. (You're welcome).
    Ahem, I haven't forgotten that I said I'd donate a web for the new doctors for your advocate group...so that is 2 now

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie
    a book perhaps?
    101 Ways to Avoid Getting F***ed in the A** When Using California State Medical Insurance.

Debbie...a book indeed my friend! I could write one on this experience alone! lol!! Childrens stories would be at the top of my list...and there certainly would be no hurry in that..its the additional classes that I want that would be time consuming as well as a bit spendy for on line courses, which would be my only option at this point.

Jeff..I have not forgotten your first offer either my friend...and it is still very much appreciated...however I was shot down on that one by my team itself...since it seems quite apparant they , the Dr. in particular, is still heavily considering retiring this summer. He did hold for another year, and there has not been any further word from the possible incoming team. That breaks my heart twice!! I still have my phone contacts of course, but its just not the same. I definitely miss that hands on. I also still have my hot line manuals here at hand...which can provide a wealth of information as well.
    Mystical Folding Minx

...Jeff..I have not forgotten your first offer either my friend...and it is still very much appreciated...however I was shot down on that one by my team itself...since it seems quite apparant they , the Dr. in particular, is still heavily considering retiring this summer. He did hold for another year, and there has not been any further word from the possible incoming team. That breaks my heart twice!! I still have my phone contacts of course, but its just not the same. I definitely miss that hands on. I also still have my hot line manuals here at hand...which can provide a wealth of information as well.
    You neglected to tell me about that development... or did you learn that while I was off the deep end in bipostal land? Sorry to hear it Misty.

If you get bored you could scan some of that material for me...

Would someone please tell me this is a joke!! Guess they had to have one more kicker...just to see if I was still paying attention I suppose. I now have to see a nurse practitioner for the reading results on the last set of testings, before it ever gets back into the surgeons hands...ok...one appt. was already rescheduled for that portion. I get a call a short while ago...that the nurse will not be available until NEXT week...so now its set for late Tuesday afternoon.

Shortly before that I got a call from In Home Services, which I believed to be already set up...one of the few that "lost" some of my paperwork, which I had copies of and re-sent to them, that they had me down as a withdrawal and would I verify that. NO!! Of course I did not withdraw. Now mind ya...this application was put in originally in July, and is a service that would in part be my transportation to and from, Dr.s, Hospitals, whatever might be required as that will be totally out. Prescription pick ups, plus scheduled in home nursing visits for monitoring purposes.

She will turn in the paperwork today to her supervisor...how kind..if that were all of it...but it is not..from there it goes to Sacramento for approval...then back to her..then back through the Doctors...THEN on to me. This is a nightmare, right? I'm gonna awaken soon..I just know it! Unreal!!
    Mystical Folding Minx

Would someone please tell me this is a joke!! Guess they had to have one more kicker...just to see if I was still paying attention I suppose. I now have to see a nurse practitioner for the reading results on the last set of testings, before it ever gets back into the surgeons hands...ok...one appt. was already rescheduled for that portion. I get a call a short while ago...that the nurse will not be available until NEXT week...so now its set for late Tuesday afternoon.

Shortly before that I got a call from In Home Services, which I believed to be already set up...one of the few that "lost" some of my paperwork, which I had copies of and re-sent to them, that they had me down as a withdrawal and would I verify that. NO!! Of course I did not withdraw. Now mind ya...this application was put in originally in July, and is a service that would in part be my transportation to and from, Dr.s, Hospitals, whatever might be required as that will be totally out. Prescription pick ups, plus scheduled in home nursing visits for monitoring purposes.

She will turn in the paperwork today to her supervisor...how kind..if that were all of it...but it is not..from there it goes to Sacramento for approval...then back to her..then back through the Doctors...THEN on to me. This is a nightmare, right? I'm gonna awaken soon..I just know it! Unreal!!

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Positive Mental Attitude!
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

A+, Security+, Mobility+ Shinobi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That's wicked.. Good luck to you as always...

That's bad Tynk.
    Sorta like dancing a bit....... one step forward... two steps back.

Keep being yer bubbly ol self, yeah??
    Croc.
    It will be long, it will be hard and there will be no withdrawal.
    Winston Churchill
    Remember: Wherever you go in life, you take yourself with you.

Thanks Scat, Shinobi, Croc..and all others still following this "forever" thread!

I actually took a couple of days off from here, and went down to my sons and daughter in laws house for a much appreciated "getaway" time. I think it's just what the Dr. ordered for me. I have returned refreshed, feeling totally spoiled...and ready to get on with the fight now..whatever it may be.

I have learned from my regular Dr. who was doing a follow up on my allergy reactions to a new med he put me on, after the prior one failed...this one works however. , when I asked him if they could possibly throw anything else into the mix to delay even further. I did not much care for the answer...it was yes...they could order new scans because of the length of time involved since the first sets with out treatment. However, he doubts that they will..most drop out and give up by this point...after a six month struggle here...he believes they will give the go ahead. They might as well! I ain't going nowhere! Late Tuesday afternoon should be the tell-tale verdict.

Til then I am just gonna hang out and bug you guys on the boards.
    Mystical Folding Minx

Til then I am just gonna hang out and bug you guys on the boards.