Thread: my thoughts on the hot weather and motorcycle riding and these 2 nuts I saw yesterday

my thoughts on the hot weather and motorcycle riding and these 2 nuts I saw yesterday

I was in fri aft traffic yesterday,and it was 107 where I was,(my ac works great btw )

anyways,when I was s riding,in the summer,I wore long pants and tennis shoes and a t-shirt most the time.

I saw these 2 guys and thought if that was me,(which it would'nt be) I would probably passout from the heat.

I think they were crazy!

they both had on boots and puffy down looking jackets and full face helmets and full gloves !

and I know there is NO cold weather within a 1000 miles of here!

My guess is they hate road rash worse than the heat. Or maybe they just got there from Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by downhill
    My guess is they hate road rash worse than the heat. Or maybe they just got there from Alaska.

I hear that alot, road rash is what everyone says,IMO a winter nylon jacket won't do much for roadrash,maybe a paneled full leather jacket,MAYBE!

I've been down several times and roadrash was the least of my problems.

and besides,I would rather worry about a little roadrash than fall over passed out from the heat

or maybe they did just ride down from Alaska for the day!?!?!??!
    Last edited by Dan; 07-22-06 at 07:23 PM.

Sheesh and to think I wear shorts, tshirt and tennis shoes when I ride my streetbike in the heat

I wear full armored leather(zip together suit if you will), over the ankle MC boots, leather/kevlar/ceramic gloves, full face helmet and a rather large backpack. I structure my ride so that I don't sit still. I *think* I could manage with just a bike nowadays, ever since the doc cleared me for bike duty I have only driven my car once and that was just to start it and make sure nothing goes dead.

Perforated leathers do a good job in keeping you well ventialted, only place that does not get a good breeze is the back of my legs and arse. If I open up the vents on the chest and arms of my Core jacket my back is bathed in sweet, sweet cool refreshing air.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

Quote Originally Posted by brembo
    If I open up the vents on the chest and arms of my Core jacket my back is bathed in sweet, sweet cool refreshing air.
    so, if you unzipped your fly.....?
    Croc.
    It will be long, it will be hard and there will be no withdrawal.
    Winston Churchill
    Remember: Wherever you go in life, you take yourself with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Croc
    so, if you unzipped your fly.....?
    indecent and totally pathetic exposure
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

They got some nice light riding armor with plastic plates in joint areas. I don't have any yet. I have an old Indiana Jones jacket that still works. It took a head on Stogie in the chest (some knuckle head tossed out his window) at 50 MPH.

I was looking down at it stuck to my chest and said know ones ever gonna believe this... I picked it up in my left hand. pulled up to the guy near enuff so he looked at me (out his still open window). I shouted at him, "Hey you drop something"? and lifted the cigar to my mouth like I was gonna smoke it. He lit out like I was gonna shoot him or something.
    USAF RETIRED

Quote Originally Posted by Far-N-Wide
    They got some nice light riding armor with plastic plates in joint areas.
    That's what I wear every time im on my bike. Along with boots and riding gloves.

Joe Rocket Atomic 2.0 (the black, grey and white...matches my bike )