Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: free anti virus for windows vista ?

  1. #1
    resident plumber Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    .
    Posts
    13,148

    free anti virus for windows vista ?

    i have seen a few free trials but wondered what everyone recomends for vista beta 2

  2. #2
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    70,001
    Windows Defender will protect you from everything!

    well the 32bit version should use any XP ones, 64bit version, I was say avast if you need free, not sure whats 64bit ready yet.

  3. #3
    resident plumber Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    .
    Posts
    13,148
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF
    Windows Defender will protect you from everything!

    well the 32bit version should use any XP ones, 64bit version, I was say avast if you need free, not sure whats 64bit ready yet.
    trying the 32bit version now running it in VMware, god how i hate how it asks you if you want to change any little setting, yes dammit i want to look at the device manager LOL

    maybe this weekend i will throw another HD in here and see how it really is with my real hardware and whatnot.

  4. #4
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    70,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    trying the 32bit version now running it in VMware, god how i hate how it asks you if you want to change any little setting, yes dammit i want to look at the device manager LOL

    maybe this weekend i will throw another HD in here and see how it really is with my real hardware and whatnot.

    To turn that monkey ass turd ****ing wh0rish message junk off, go to run, type in secpol.msc and go to local policies, security policies and the last 8 entries apply to the messages. If your an admin then make sure built in admin is disabled and the entry below it is set to no prompt.

  5. #5
    resident plumber Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    .
    Posts
    13,148
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF
    To turn that monkey ass turd ****ing wh0rish message junk off, go to run, type in secpol.msc and go to local policies, security policies and the last 8 entries apply to the messages. If your an admin then make sure built in admin is disabled and the entry below it is set to no prompt.
    thanks for the advice

  6. #6
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    70,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    thanks for the advice

    No prob, I know the kind of hell you must be in with that

  7. #7
    resident plumber Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    .
    Posts
    13,148
    "If your an admin then make sure built in admin is disabled and the entry below it is set to no prompt."

    can you put that into words i can understand

    i can't seem to find that option, maybe it is named something else ?

  8. #8
    Dr Tweak mnosteele52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA
    Posts
    11,912
    HERE is a full list of them from MS, the best is CA for a full year free.


  9. #9
    Moderator YeOldeStonecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Posts
    50,941
    Quote Originally Posted by mnosteele52
    the best is CA for a full year free.


    Best free one for 2K/XP/Veeeeeesta IMO.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

  10. #10
    Second Most EVIL YARDofSTUF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    70,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    "If your an admin then make sure built in admin is disabled and the entry below it is set to no prompt."

    can you put that into words i can understand

    i can't seem to find that option, maybe it is named something else ?

    last 8 are are the message junk, change the first 2

Similar Threads

  1. FS:Great Gaming/Work Laptop + Free Accessories + Free Software! (:
    By mnm2004bft in forum Marketplace - Buy/Sell/Trade/Hot Deals
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-15-08, 01:23 PM
  2. Free
    By Randy in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-05-07, 10:14 AM
  3. free online virus scans?
    By Faction in forum Software Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-05-06, 10:46 PM
  4. Top of The Line Laptop For Sale + Free Accessories
    By mnm2004bft in forum Marketplace - Buy/Sell/Trade/Hot Deals
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-25-05, 11:31 PM
  5. Can I borrow a friend's Norton Anti Virus ?
    By sandralynn4 in forum Network Security
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-09-05, 08:58 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •