Thread: Oh Noes!

Oh Noes!

my beautiful PC is dead.... came home and the power was off ( I leave it on..my main gaming rig ) tried everything and NO POWA!...I can't freeking play any BF2

gonna try and swap out power supplies but i'd be going from the 550w i got in there now and use a 350w to test .....think this will cause me problems?

I guess i'll be disconnecting crap i don't need to get it to boot but i'm so pissed i can't think straight..just thought i'd double check....thanks

What issues will I deal with if I swap out my raptor in my rig that's down to this 3200 I'm running ?

Did you try unplugging the powersupply from teh wall for a bit, then plugging it back in and turning the PC on.

Oh and dude, buy an APC backup unit!

And if you swap out the raptor, assuming it has the os and everythign it will have to find all the drivers, and if its too different, you'll enter blue screen hell.

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF
    Did you try unplugging the powersupply from teh wall for a bit, then plugging it back in and turning the PC on.

Oh and dude, buy an APC backup unit!

And if you swap out the raptor, assuming it has the os and everythign it will have to find all the drivers, and if its too different, you'll enter blue screen hell.

Ya man ...tried different outlets ...waited a couple days before trying again and nothing... the raptor does have an OS on it but yeah i'm going from the X2 4400 to a 3200 with onboard sound and a 6800GT

Quote Originally Posted by Izzo
    Ya man ...tried different outlets ...waited a couple days before trying again and nothing... the raptor does have an OS on it but yeah i'm going from the X2 4400 to a 3200 with onboard sound and a 6800GT
    Can you try taking the PSU out of the 3200 and putting it in the X2?

Can you try taking the PSU out of the 3200 and putting it in the X2?

Sure.... Think it'll handle it ?

Sure.... Think it'll handle it ?

Well only plug in the main components you need.

Well only plug in the main components you need.
    I'd have to swap motherboards otherwise at minimum it'd be 1x optical, a 7800gt teh raptor, and fans i guess

I'd have to swap motherboards otherwise at minimum it'd be 1x optical, a 7800gt teh raptor, and fans i guess

So do that, dont swap mobos, thats gonna be the biggest driver problem. With 350 watts the 7800 should be fine without gaming, and if it works then you know you just need a new PSU and an APC

welp...it wasn't my PSU....'tis my motherboard.....I assume ...PSU powers up my other system just fine ... got a new PSU and it does nothing....

welp...it wasn't my PSU....'tis my motherboard.....I assume ...PSU powers up my other system just fine ... got a new PSU and it does nothing....

That sucks.

That sucks.

YA....wonder if newegg will RMA ...gonna check that out.

YA....wonder if newegg will RMA ...gonna check that out.

I recommend calling over email for that.

I recommend calling over email for that.

Ya..I emailed them just a few days ago about the 6800gt I bought along with the motherboard ....going to RMA that this weekend. It won't power up the monitor on a cold start so they're giving me a new one. Thank goodness I have another motherboard to swap out ...its a teeny board though.