What do you all think of this?
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13361343/

Lets just hope GW has more sense than to use his bring em on line this time
    She's presenting like a mandrill!

I live in Georgia

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 64bit
    Lets just hope GW has more sense than to use his bring em on line this time
    The wild thing is.. that Japan and South Korea isn't too happy either..
    "If North Korea launches the reported ballistic missile, which will directly affect Japan's security, it would be a violation of the Japan-Pyongyang Declaration," Abe said.

The declaration was signed in 2002 at a Japan-North Korea summit in Pyongyang, and reaffirmed by the two nations in 2004, he said.

South Korea said earlier this week that it conveyed "grave concern" to North Korea last month when signs first emerged that the North was preparing to test-fire a missile.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy
    I live in Georgia
    Don't worry your guitar and amp will protect you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi
    The wild thing is.. that Japan and South Korea isn't too happy either..
    I wouldn't either living so close to that nutcase. Not good when unstable countries with unstable leaders do these things no doubt.
    She's presenting like a mandrill!

When we are test firing humongous bombs in Nevada what can we really say when someone else wants to test fire their own? Are we in a place to critisize? Maybe our own actions are causing all these reactions.
    SG Pimp Name : *Treacherous P. Shizzle*
    The fight for our way of life needs to be fought on our own soil, for our own people and because of our own interests.
    Hey, If Me & My Buddies Were Making Billions of Dollars I'd Tell Ya What Ya Wanted To Hear Too!

I was watching CSpan a few years about. Right after 9-11. One of the commissions (forget which one) was questioning Tenet and the Joint Chiefs of Staff about North Korea. One of the questions ask was just how far could Korea lob a missile.

Tenet conferred with the Joint Chiefs, turned around and conferred a bit longer with one of his staff and stated that they had the capability to hit the west coast of the U.S.

So if it wasn't a big deal to the administration then, I don't know why it would be now.

I really don't think that the CIA is too worried about Korea lobbing a nuke anywhere. It would pretty much mean the end of communism there.

so, ok they are going to fire one off... my question is where is it going to land?
    Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    I often wonder if the voices in my head ever get frustrated because I'm just too damn lazy to climb that clock tower.
    Click image to enlarge
    click image to view full version

Quote Originally Posted by Bastid
    so, ok they are going to fire one off... my question is where is it going to land?
    Somewhere in the Pacific or the Sea of Japan is a good guess. Hopefully they don't do something stupid like last time and shoot it over Japan.

it's getting kinda scary that's for sure

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Stop worrying. Give me a few more months to learn my new guitar and we'll sing Kum Ba Yah together.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastid
    Supposedly they are touting it as a Sattelite launch, so I would guess they are shooting upwards into the atmosphere and they will go by the trajectory as to how far it can go.

Pie
    The fight for our way of life needs to be fought on our own soil, for our own people and because of our own interests.
    Hey, If Me & My Buddies Were Making Billions of Dollars I'd Tell Ya What Ya Wanted To Hear Too!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thepieman
    When we are test firing humongous bombs in Nevada what can we really say when someone else wants to test fire their own? Are we in a place to critisize? Maybe our own actions are causing all these reactions.

You do not see a difference?

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Yes
    You do not see a difference?
    David
    What would be the difference? The only way I could see something like this as being stopped would be for everyone to disarm which isn't going to happen, so why should we be surprised or worried when we are doing the same thing? Their people are over there saying the same thing as us. Look at America testing that big bomb they are going to use it on us. China is doing the same thing. They are spending more money this year on defense then in the past and Washington is demanding to know why. Hugo Chavez is buying weaponry now from Russia and people are questioning his motives as well. It seems like everyone is worried about us lately too with all these Hawks showing off their muscle. Should we expect less?

Blog Entries
    Japan is conserned because a few years ago N.K. launched a
    missile right over them

I think the main difference is that when you combine long range.. with nuclear.. people start getting a bit conserned.

Seeing how N.K. seems to be ignoring both Japan and the U.S.. I guess they want to start something up?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi
    Japan is conserned because a few years ago N.K. launched a
    missile right over them

I think the main difference is that when you combine long range.. with nuclear.. people start getting a bit conserned.

Seeing how N.K. seems to be ignoring both Japan and the U.S.. I guess they want to start something up?
    Shinobi
    Giving India and Pakistan free reign with Nukes is not going to help our case with N.K. in the least bit. I don't see how we can control one country and allow others to go without a hitch. Russia and China probably don't like the idea that Pakistan and India who are right at their feet have nukes with our blessings, so why will N.Korea feel as though they need to heed what we say. In China and Russias eyes its a good thing for their defense. Maybe Im wrong but I would think this is what they will use as a defense for their motives.

R.I.P. 2017-10-02 Joint Chiefs of Staff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by downhill
    Hopefully they don't do something stupid like last time and shoot it over Japan.
    Oh man...CLASSIC!

[Red Forman] Dumbasses [/Red Forman]
    >>Cult Master of International Affairs<<

The North Korean government has instructed their population to raise thier flags at 2 pm Sunday afternoon (Korean time I assume)

Pie has a good point.
    Any country feeling the pressure as NK and Iran are would want to do their utmost to have an effective defense. Nukes will give them a sense of security against a pre-emptive strike. Once they feel safe knowing they won't be attacked due to a possible nuclear retalitory strike the anxiety the rest of the world feels may disipate.

Whether it be Iran, North Korea or some other country with one or two nukes, they would be down right stupid to strike first against an enemy that has thousands of nukes. We would be down right stupid to think they would actually strike first.

Every country has the right to defend themselves.

Tokyo - Tensions continued in East Asia Sunday over a possible fresh long-range missile test by North Korea as Tokyo reissued a warning to its communist neighbour.

It would be inevitable for the United Nations Security Council to consider imposing sanctions on North Korea if the country tested a missile, Japanese Foreign Minister Taro Aso was quoted by media sources as saying on Japanese television.

Later Aso told reporters that Japan would seek an immediate meeting of the UN Security Council if North Korea tested a Taepodong 2 long-range missile.

A launch of a Taepodong 2 missile could take place over the weekend or on Monday, South Korean media reported Saturday.

If a missile hit Japan, this would be considered an attack, Aso was further quoted as saying.

Japan also warned North Korea that it would use sanction laws in the case of a missile being fired.

South Korean media had reported earlier that North Korea had transported launch rockets and fuel tanks to a firing ramp on which a Taepodong missile had been mounted.

According to Japanese media, North Korea could already have completed the fuelling of the ballistic missile.

The United States has also warned Pyongyang against testing a ballistic missile. The Taepodong 2 missile could carry a nuclear warhead to parts of the US, according to the US military.
    link

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.