Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46

Thread: motorcycle put me in hospital today

  1. #21
    ^_^ Illini25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    8,128
    Damn Brembo!!! Is the bike ok?

    Seriously, I hate seeing fellow bikers getting hurt on their bikes. Get a quick recovery and do not hesitate to get back on that bike. Although considering you have a pretty bad injury, things could of been worse off for you. I actually think your lucky to walk away remembering who you are for instance.

    Get well!

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF
    Is the bike ok?

    Dude, That's pretty damn inconsiderate....The guy coulda got killed here ...I think you asked the wrong question...











































































    How's the tree ?

  3. #23
    SG Enthusiast Rainbow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,920
    These things happen to the best of us. I Hope you bounce back quick and get back to the trails

  4. #24
    Imperial Impotentate brembo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    crawlspaces
    Posts
    18,725
    To answer some questions:
    Bike is fine, MX bikes are tough and the bike itself never hit anything besides the ground.
    Tree is going to die, my shoulder ripped off a huge chunk of bark, and I *think* my boot dented it reall well.

    I got crossed up after a slight graze with my left knee and was pratically off the bike when the pine and I had our tussle.

    I feel about 1000% better today. Bones get all pissy when not in thier joints.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

  5. #25
    Junior Member MadDoctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Looks dark
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by brembo
    I feel about 1000% better today.
    Any good drugs?
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

  6. #26
    Resident Atheist Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Orangevale ,Ca
    Posts
    18,682
    Quote Originally Posted by brembo
    To answer some questions:
    Bike is fine, MX bikes are tough and the bike itself never hit anything besides the ground.
    Tree is going to die, my shoulder ripped off a huge chunk of bark, and I *think* my boot dented it reall well.

    I got crossed up after a slight graze with my left knee and was pratically off the bike when the pine and I had our tussle.

    I feel about 1000% better today. Bones get all pissy when not in thier joints.

    so it was'nt on your street bike? it was an offroad bike?

    glad to hear you are feeling better anyway

  7. #27
    Imperial Impotentate brembo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    crawlspaces
    Posts
    18,725
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDoctor
    Any good drugs?
    oxycodone, yeah baby

    A quick note, my dogs went nuts when I got home. I had to sit down and allow them to sniff my shoulder and love on me extra hard. They knew BEFORE I got home that I had been injured. Odd. Banjoe likes to sleep on my right side, but last night he slept at my head and rested his nose om my shoulder. He'd whine now and again and nuzzle his nose into my neck. Katy curled up and put her head on my banged up knee. No pain alevaition from this, but the mental therapy was spot-on. I slept very well considering.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDoctor
    Any good drugs?


  9. #29
    Imperial Impotentate brembo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    crawlspaces
    Posts
    18,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    so it was'nt on your street bike? it was an offroad bike?

    glad to hear you are feeling better anyway


    yeah Dan, I have three motorcycles. Two are street legal and one is a dedicated motorcross rig. Yamaha YZ426F, friggin weapon offroad.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

  10. #30
    Junior Member MadDoctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Looks dark
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by brembo
    oxycodone, yeah baby


    Dogs are cool that way. Mine does the same thing.
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by brembo
    yeah Dan, I have three motorcycles. Two are street legal and one is a dedicated motorcross rig. Yamaha YZ426F, friggin weapon offroad.

    Well, I really am glad you're o.k ....

  12. #32
    Resident Atheist Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Orangevale ,Ca
    Posts
    18,682
    Quote Originally Posted by brembo

    A quick note, my dogs went nuts when I got home. I had to sit down and allow them to sniff my shoulder and love on me extra hard. They knew BEFORE I got home that I had been injured. Odd. Banjoe likes to sleep on my right side, but last night he slept at my head and rested his nose om my shoulder. He'd whine now and again and nuzzle his nose into my neck. Katy curled up and put her head on my banged up knee. No pain alevaition from this, but the mental therapy was spot-on. I slept very well considering.

    thats cool

  13. #33
    Mental Metal Minister Jamie_R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    10,452
    wow Brembo!

    glad you're ok man ... best wishes for a speedy and full recovery!
    .

    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

  14. #34
    R.I.P. MissTynker2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    6,930
    Ow! is right!! Cheesh!! Take care and heal quickly
    Mystical Folding Minx

  15. #35
    Tortoises R0cks :D Rivas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,248
    Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF
    Is the bike ok?



    Damn sorry to hear that
    I wish you speedy recovery
    To be human is to choose.


    It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

    - Emiliano Zapata

  16. #36
    Advanced Member G-IcE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    4 seasons
    Posts
    770
    Now i know who Brembo is.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2480830
    Deja vu huh?.

  17. #37
    Forum Techie terrancelam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Toronto, Canada Computers Built and Fixed personally: 720
    Posts
    5,465
    crazy brembo.... please get better soon, I'll say a pray for you and your health.
    Intel Core 2 Duo Q8300 2.55Ghz (1333mhz)
    Asus P5N-D
    OCZ Platinum 8gb (2x2gb) PC8000 1000mhz 5-5-5-18
    EVGA 460GTX 1gb PCIE 2.0
    Western Digital Black 640gb x 2 Raid 0
    Coolermaster 1000W Modular PSU
    Antec NSK4480B
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

    ----------------------------------------------------------
    HP TC5700 (Thin Client) 1ghz, 512mb 80gb 1x1000mb NIC 1x100mb NIC running PFSense 1.22
    Linksys WRT-150 running DD-WRT V.24 (Access Point)

    "SG Techies rule!" - Sig Buddies with Amro

  18. #38
    Token Dial-up User De Plano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    4,072
    Took a beating from the ugly tree again eh?

    Take it easy and get better.

    I am not laughing at you, but I am laughing in your general direction though
    Last edited by De Plano; 06-13-06 at 04:05 AM.

  19. #39
    ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ downhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    My Own Private Idaho
    Posts
    34,796
    Glad to hear your feeling better. Damn your one lucky rider!!!

  20. #40
    Imperial Impotentate brembo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    crawlspaces
    Posts
    18,725
    go to the surgeon today to see if i really screwed up anything. kinda waiting on the percocet to kick in so i can wiggle around in the car.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

Similar Threads

  1. State Mental Hospital
    By Duzmor in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-08-06, 11:37 PM
  2. Took my Wife to the Hospital today..
    By Shinobi in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-20-06, 01:55 PM
  3. youngest son (turns 2 on Thursday) in the hospital
    By Russell in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-19-05, 12:44 AM
  4. Hospital Window
    By Ghosthunter in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-21-05, 11:43 AM
  5. Flew to Cleveland today...
    By mountainman in forum General Discussion Board
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-03-05, 03:54 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •