Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: forget IE and firefox...

  1. #1
    Senior Member loop2kil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    5,230

    forget IE and firefox...

    I was reading some say that Composer in mozilla was a good program for websites, so i downloaded the suite to play around with....man i love the browser...fast as lightning on my setup. loads faster than IE or firefox and transitions seem much snappier.

    Only downside i see now is that the google toolbar wont work with it....at least not that ive been able to find.

  2. #2
    Senior Member ghettoside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    At Large in the US
    Posts
    5,134
    Quote Originally Posted by loop2kil
    I was reading some say that Composer in mozilla was a good program for websites, so i downloaded the suite to play around with....man i love the browser...fast as lightning on my setup. loads faster than IE or firefox and transitions seem much snappier.

    Only downside i see now is that the google toolbar wont work with it....at least not that ive been able to find.
    Google toolbar not available for mozilla.

    But you could try this open source project "googlebar" (I have not tried it myself bro!) and plenty of info on this page too 'bout google toolbar...

    link

    I only cross test my webs w/ mozilla, I don't really use it as a browser (I have a load of browsers for testing purposes only)
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post

    There are idiots everywhere.

    At work, in forums, in poetry classes, everywhere!

  3. #3
    Senior Member loop2kil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    5,230
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettoside
    Google toolbar not available for mozilla.

    But you could try this open source project "googlebar" (I have not tried it myself bro!) and plenty of info on this page too 'bout google toolbar...

    link

    I only cross test my webs w/ mozilla, I don't really use it as a browser (I have a load of browsers for testing purposes only)
    cool...i will give it a whirl...thanks

  4. #4
    Senior Member ghettoside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    At Large in the US
    Posts
    5,134
    Quote Originally Posted by loop2kil
    cool...i will give it a whirl...thanks
    you're welcome!

    let us all know how that googlebar works please

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post

    There are idiots everywhere.

    At work, in forums, in poetry classes, everywhere!

  5. #5
    Moderator YeOldeStonecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Posts
    50,918
    Forget all of 'em...Opera!
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

  6. #6
    Broke
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Northern AB, CA
    Posts
    13,506
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat
    Opera!
    You love it when the Fat Lady sings, don't ya

  7. #7
    Junior Member MadDoctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Looks dark
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    You love it when the Fat Lady sings, don't ya
    No... he just likes fat ladies.
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

  8. #8
    SG MVP Lefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SG Tavern
    Posts
    18,878
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDoctor
    No... he just likes fat ladies.

  9. #9
    Moderator YeOldeStonecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Posts
    50,918
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDoctor
    No... he just likes fat ladies.
    I see your post count it back into the triple digits...hmmm...
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

  10. #10
    Junior Member MadDoctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Looks dark
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat
    I see your post count it back into the triple digits...hmmm...
    If you'd let that fat lady off your face… you might be able to do something about it.


    *points and snickers*
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

  11. #11
    resident plumber Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    .
    Posts
    13,148
    i am trying opera now, i have been useing firefox for a month or so, really liked it but thought i would try something new.

    sometimes firefox can use alot of memory, so i loaded a page, might be NSFW from genmay that has a ton of ani-gifs on it in each browser, seems as though opera uses much less memory as well


  12. #12
    Moderator YeOldeStonecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Posts
    50,918
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDoctor
    If you'd let that fat lady off your face… you might be able to do something about it.


    *points and snickers*
    Whelp..suppose you're hungry and you want the wife to get home and cook you dinner...call her home will ya?
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

  13. #13
    Junior Member MadDoctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Looks dark
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat
    Whelp..suppose you're hungry and you want the wife to get home and cook you dinner...call her home will ya?
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

  14. #14
    Junior Member MadDoctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Looks dark
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat
    call her home will ya?
    No.

    She's yours now!

    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDoctor
    No... he just likes fat ladies.

  16. #16
    NYC Newbie Slayer Prey521's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Humble, Tx
    Posts
    34,934
    Opera is cool, but is not supported by AI Roboform, so I will pass till that support is there. It's pretty fast though, impressed!
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

    "Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"


  17. #17
    Senior Member ghettoside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    At Large in the US
    Posts
    5,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Prey521
    Opera is cool, but is not supported by AI Roboform, so I will pass till that support is there. It's pretty fast though, impressed!
    There's a few things I don't like about Opera, but overall it's good.

    But I prefer Firefox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post

    There are idiots everywhere.

    At work, in forums, in poetry classes, everywhere!

  18. #18
    Senior Member loop2kil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    5,230
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat
    Forget all of 'em...Opera!
    I have to admit, had never really given opera a try until now....I think i like it too. not sure if its as fast as mozilla but i like the layout better...love the 'new tab' button.

  19. #19
    Senior Member loop2kil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    5,230
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettoside
    Google toolbar not available for mozilla.

    But you could try this open source project "googlebar" (I have not tried it myself bro!) and plenty of info on this page too 'bout google toolbar...

    link

    I only cross test my webs w/ mozilla, I don't really use it as a browser (I have a load of browsers for testing purposes only)

    It partially worked...it's not the full toolbar with the 'autofill' that i like so much but it did add the search bar.

  20. #20
    Junior Member Foxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDoctor
    No... he just likes fat ladies.
    And God said "Let there be ninjas!" and the pirates were pissed.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •