Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 146

Thread: Are we being any better then them?

  1. #61
    ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ downhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    My Own Private Idaho
    Posts
    34,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosthunter
    Islamic terrorism and self hating US liberals are our biggest enemy to the US
    Or people who hate other Americans because of their political persuasion.

    Dude, you read too much Ann Coulter.

    I'd also like to add that indeed you call out others because of what you preceive as general statements, then you make this one.

    Good grief..

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by downhill
    Or people who hate other Americans because of their political persuasion.

    Dude, you read too much Ann Coulter.

    I'd also like to add that indeed you call out others because of what you preceive as general statements, then you make this one.

    Good grief..

    dont even know anything about Ann coulter...never read or heard anything from her...

    what general statment? that islamic terrorism and self hating liberals? why are you insulted unless you are a self hating liberal? LOL

    P.S. if you ask Koch he would agree with me..LOL

  3. #63
    ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ downhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    My Own Private Idaho
    Posts
    34,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosthunter
    dont even know anything about Ann coulter...never read or heard anything from her...

    what general statment? that islamic terrorism and self hating liberals? why are you insulted unless you are a self hating liberal? LOL
    There you go again.

    GH, I'm confident in this statement that I belive you to be a major believer in the new day McCarthyism. Congrats for being duped, dude.

    Communism is all but dead so the far right wing needs someone to bitch about. It WAS liberalism, but since 9-11, it's now Islam. They still twist and turn about liberalism, but only to convince people that THEY are better at protecting us. So far that's a HUGE fallacy.

  4. #64
    and who helped to bring communism down?

    it wasnt the liberal dems that for sure.

    I never said Islam itself I said Islamic terrorists...there is a huge difference

    I think dems are just panicking after thinkinng they would have a shoe in in other night election in california..

    I cant wait for 2008..going to be a fun presidential election

  5. #65
    ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ downhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    My Own Private Idaho
    Posts
    34,800
    A big secret for you, GH. Communism isn't dead. However it's dying, due to captialism and it's own inherent flaws.

    Now, I'm also going to let you in on something else. In no way shape or form, am I going to go "out" of my way to inflame the topics I post in by adding the same type of euphemisms that you do. They serve no other purpose other than for you to get your jollies off by seeing if you can elect a response from other members. I'll have say that it does work for you here.


    Remember the next time you use "general statements" that you indeed do that yourself.

    Oh yeah, what was the topic again?

  6. #66
    First you say communism is dead then you say it isnt...which is it?


    you keep mentioning general statements...what is wrong with saying Islamic terrorism? you mean it not politically correct to say that? now unless you are an islamic terrorists i dont see how you would be offended last i checked no here is a terrorist are they?

    But it ok to say "americans of your faith"

    what a nice double standard typical...this coming from a mod now?

    we should get Koch in here so he can see what goes on at typical liberal speedguide.net

  7. #67
    P/T Pagan God thepieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn , New York
    Posts
    13,400
    Quote Originally Posted by UOD
    BTW Pie, in case you missed it, the Marines are now being charged with murder.
    Oh I thought that they cleared them of wrong-doing like they did with the canine guard at abu-gharib prison. He basically got off scot-free.


    Pie
    SG Pimp Name : *Treacherous P. Shizzle*
    *
    The fight for our way of life needs to be fought on our own soil, for our own people and because of our own interests.
    *
    Hey, If Me & My Buddies Were Making Billions of Dollars I'd Tell Ya What Ya Wanted To Hear Too!

  8. #68
    ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ downhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    My Own Private Idaho
    Posts
    34,800
    By GH

    First you say communism is dead then you say it isnt...which is it?


    you keep mentioning general statements...what is wrong with saying Islamic terrorism? you mean it not politically correct to say that?

    But it ok to say "americans of your faith"

    what a nice double standard typical
    There you go again, putting words in my mouth. Reread what I wrote.

    Sorry to have stepped on your toes with a bit of "liberal" text......

    I'll try and be a bit more "conservative" in my approach next time in how I respond to you so as to not incure the wrath of "GH".

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by downhill
    There you go again, putting words in my mouth. Reread what I wrote.

    Sorry to have stepped on your toes with a bit of "liberal" text......

    I'll try and be a bit more "conservative" in my approach next time in how I respond to you so as to not incure the wrath of "GH".
    be nice to see you call out someone else for a change who is on your side but calling me worst things..

  10. #70
    ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ ♫♪ downhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    My Own Private Idaho
    Posts
    34,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosthunter
    be nice to see you call out someone else for a change who is on your side but calling me worst things..
    Here we go again.

  11. #71
    P/T Pagan God thepieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn , New York
    Posts
    13,400
    Quote Originally Posted by downhill
    Here we go again.
    SG Pimp Name : *Treacherous P. Shizzle*
    *
    The fight for our way of life needs to be fought on our own soil, for our own people and because of our own interests.
    *
    Hey, If Me & My Buddies Were Making Billions of Dollars I'd Tell Ya What Ya Wanted To Hear Too!

  12. #72
    Maneater JawZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    21,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosthunter
    well if there was no islamic terrorism to begin with we would not be debating this issue would we?

    which freedoms?

    Very few that I have encountered and just basic inconvenience..like showing a license

    what the point of freedom if 9-11 happens again and worst? If you ask those who died on 9-11 if they wouldnt mind a few inconviences to get their life back think they would say sure? well we dont know since their dead.

    I say again what is more important minor inconviences or human lives? I will take human lives over losing some so called freedoms that I never really lost.

    what is the root of Islamic terrorism?

    Could it be the unyielding American support of Israel and it's long history of supplying arms to a country where it's leaders treat OTHER human lives like that of a terrorist?

    Maybe if America chose the right over the righteous, things would be different.

    People aren't bad, their leaders are bad....and like sheep, we follow them blindly.

    ...formerly the omnipotent UOD

  13. #73
    Elite Member Izzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    17,907
    Quote Originally Posted by UOD
    People aren't bad, their leaders are bad....and like sheep, we follow them blindly.

    well ...GH does anyway...
    Offensive

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by UOD
    what is the root of Islamic terrorism?

    Could it be the unyielding American support of Israel and it's long history of supplying arms to a country where it's leaders treat OTHER human lives like that of a terrorist?

    Maybe if America chose the right over the righteous, things would be different.

    People aren't bad, their leaders are bad....and like sheep, we follow them blindly.

    root cause is usually within, we all have that free will to do good or evil these terrorists choose to do evil. It simple to me.
    Last edited by Ghosthunter; 06-08-06 at 01:18 AM.

  15. #75
    Mac Master Mehmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Berkeley CA, The home of the hippies
    Posts
    4,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosthunter
    well if there was no islamic terrorism to begin with we would not be debating this issue would we?

    which freedoms?

    Very few that I have encountered and just basic inconvenience..like showing a license

    what the point of freedom if 9-11 happens again and worst? If you ask those who died on 9-11 if they wouldnt mind a few inconviences to get their life back think they would say sure? well we dont know since their dead.

    I say again what is more important minor inconviences or human lives? I will take human lives over losing some so called freedoms that I never really lost.
    stop being so freaking closed minded.

    "minor inconveniences"??? MAYBE FOR YOU. When my friends get held up at the canadian border for 5 days trying to enter the US because they are brown skinned and have small beards, EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE US PASSPORTS, that's a small inconvenience? WOW. you really are blind.

    Because you may not have lost some freedoms does not mean your fellow American hasn't as well. I love this country, but people like you are effing it up for all of us.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

    "Weapons of Ass Destruction"

  16. #76
    Mac Master Mehmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Berkeley CA, The home of the hippies
    Posts
    4,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosthunter
    root cause is usually within, we all have that free will to do good or evil these terrorists choose to do evil. It simple to me.


    Let me just rehash what you said before you edited this post:

    "i disagree lets face it the root of islamic terrorist is Islam. Now that does not mean all muslims are terrorists to even say that would be wrong...but lets face it...look at the riots last year in europe all because of a cartoon article...what happened to freedom of press? Instead we get death to americans and people who made up a cartoon. Islam does not teach peace and tolerance."

    Offending Black people: Racist
    Offending women: Sexist
    Offending gays: Homophobic
    Offending Jews: Anti-Semitic
    Offending (Arabs &) Muslims: Freedom of speech

    Thank you for knowing more about my faith than I do.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

    "Weapons of Ass Destruction"

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehmet
    Let me just rehash what you said before you edited this post:

    "i disagree lets face it the root of islamic terrorist is Islam. Now that does not mean all muslims are terrorists to even say that would be wrong...but lets face it...look at the riots last year in europe all because of a cartoon article...what happened to freedom of press? Instead we get death to americans and people who made up a cartoon. Islam does not teach peace and tolerance."

    Offending Black people: Racist
    Offending women: Sexist
    Offending gays: Homophobic
    Offending Jews: Anti-Semitic
    Offending (Arabs &) Muslims: Freedom of speech

    Thank you for knowing more about my faith than I do.

    you dont see any of those above groups marching in the street yelling death to americans because they were offended now do you? big difference.

    i was posting from this site

    http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles/sinaprologue.htm

    These are all ex-muslims..

    Dear fellow human,

    Today humanity is being challenged. Unthinkable atrocities take place on daily basis. There is an evil force at work that aims to destroy us. The agents of this evil respect nothing; not even the lives of children. Every day there are bombings, every day innocent people are targeted and murdered. It seems as if we are helpless. But we are not!

    The ancient Chinese sage Sun Zi said, "Know your enemy and you won't be defeated". Do we know our enemy? If we don't, then we are doomed.

    Terrorism is not an ideology, it is a tool; but the terrorists kill for an ideology. They call that ideology Islam.

    The entire world, both Muslims and non-Muslims claim that the terrorists have hijacked "the religion of peace" and Islam does not condone violence.

    Who is right? Do the terrorists understand Islam better, or do those who decry them? The answer to this question is the key to our victory, and failure to find that key will result in our loss and death will be upon us. The key is in the Quran and the history of Islam.

    Those of us, who know Islam, know that the understanding of the terrorists of Islam is correct. They are doing nothing that their prophet did not do and did not encourage his followers to do. Murder, rape, assassination, beheading, massacre and sacrilege of the dead "to delight the hearts of the believers" were all practiced by Muhammad, were taught by him and were observed by Muslims throughout their history.

    If truth has ever mattered, it matters most now! This is the time that we have to call a spade a spade. This is the time that we have to find the root of the problem and eradicate it. The root of Islamic terrorism is Islam. The proof of that is the Quran.

    We are a group of ex-Muslims who have seen the face of the evil and have risen to warn the world. No matter how painful the truth may be, only truth can set us free. Why this much denial? Why so much obstinacy? How many more innocent lives should be lost before YOU open your eyes? A nuclear disaster is upon us. Oblivious of that, the world is digging its head deeper in the sand of denial.

    We urge the Muslims to leave Islam. Stop with excuses, justifications and rationalizations. Stop dividing mankind into "us" vs. "them" and Muslims vs. Kafirs. We are One people, One mankind! Muhammad was not a messenger of God. It is time that we end this insanity and face the truth. The terrorists take their moral support and the validation for their actions from you. Your very adherence to their cult of death is a nod of approval for their crimes against humanity.

    We also urge the non-Muslims to stop being politically correct lest they hurt the sensitivities of the Muslims. To hell with their sensitivities! Let us save their lives, and the lives of millions of innocent people that could become their victims.

    Millions, if not billions of lives will be lost if we do nothing. Time is running out! "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing." Do something! Send this message to everyone in your address book and ask them to do the same. Defeat Islam and stop terrorism. This is your world, save it.

    The ex-Muslim Movement
    Last edited by Ghosthunter; 06-08-06 at 01:29 AM.

  18. #78
    Mac Master Mehmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Berkeley CA, The home of the hippies
    Posts
    4,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosthunter
    i was posting from this site

    http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles/sinaprologue.htm

    These are all ex-muslims..
    Oh god, I don't even know where to begin. Maybe with all of the things they have taken out of context? maybe of the false Hadiths? Maybe of the picking of random verses without relating the rest of the story? Or maybe I should just shut up because nothing I say will have any effect on you.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

    "Weapons of Ass Destruction"

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehmet
    Oh god, I don't even know where to begin. Maybe with all of the things they have taken out of context? maybe of the false Hadiths? Maybe of the picking of random verses without relating the rest of the story? Or maybe I should just shut up because nothing I say will have any effect on you.

    I did not say all muslims follow it but if you really follow it literally which is what the terrorists do...they see nothing wrong with it.


    and according to their FAQ on their website this is what he says about being taken dout of context

    http://www.faithfreedom.org/faq/38.htm


    What is the real context when Muhammad instructs his followers to scourge their wives if they are not obedient? What is the real context when he tells them to kill the unbelievers wherever they find them? What is the real context when he rapes a 9-year-old child or women captured in war? The truth is that Quran is a book out of context. How can we apply those barbaric teachings of Quran in this age of science and reason?

    The Modern Muslim apologists who unlike their more fundamentalist counterparts (like the ones in Afghanistan), have evolved that much to distinguish the wrong from the right, are embarrassed of the stupid and inhumane teachings of Quran. They are the ones who accuse us of taking the verses out of their context. They insist that Quran cannot be understood and need to be explained by experts. They claim that to fully grasp the meaning of Quran one has to be versed in Tafseer (scholar’s interpretation of Quran) and hadith. However they would not accept those tafseers too and call the Mofasserin (interpreters) and Mohadethin (experts in Hadith) fallible. I have seen vicious attacks at men like Ghazali, (the greatest Islamic scholar) Bukhari, Muslim (the last two were the greatest Muhadith revered for centuries), Maududi, Muhsin Khan, Yousef Ali, et al. So what is the correct tafseer? Nobody has been able to translate Quran properly let alone interpret it, is what these apologists want us to believe.

    Of course the apologists do not realize that what they say is apostasy. Quran repeatedly claims to be a "clear book" (5:15) "easy to understand” (44:58 , 54:22 , 54:32, 54:40) "explained in detail" (6:114), "conveyed clearly", (5:16, 10:15) and with “no doubt” in it (2:1). Claiming that Quran cannot be understood is not clear and needs tafseer is disbelieving in the Quran itself.

  20. #80
    Mac Master Mehmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Berkeley CA, The home of the hippies
    Posts
    4,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosthunter
    I did not say all muslims follow it but if you really follow it literally which is what the terrorists do...they see nothing wrong with it.
    You still stand by your statement that the root problem is Islam. I know what you edited, and I quoted you above. That is my problem.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

    "Weapons of Ass Destruction"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •