Thread: "dsl running slow" question

Unhappy "dsl running slow" question

After browsing the web I read a few knowledgable posts at this site so I decided to sign up . I recently had Sbc dsl installed on this computer , and it is just terrible. Browsing the web is a complete drag , most pages take forever to load or just stop halfway through. I cant download anything from the web , the dl's slow down to bytes then just stop. Occasionally Ill hit a burst where web browsing is manageable and I dont feel like Im on a dial up , however its nothing compared to my old cable connection and it always goes back to screwing up. Ive had the connection for a couple weeks now. I admit I have no clue how to configure any settings , or look to see if this is something i can fix myself. The dsl runs from the wall to a Siemens Speedstream 4100 modem , to the Comp. Here Is my hijack this log I noticed others posting them. Any help Is greatly appreaciated.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
    Scan saved at 1:49:25 PM, on 5/16/2006
    Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
    C:\Documents and Settings\HP Authorized Custom\My Documents\maphive\app\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = http://www.altavista.com/
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = http://www.altavista.com/
    O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
    O4 - Global Startup: SBC Self Support Tool.lnk.disabled
    O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
    O9 - Extra button: Guide - {A6E07A80-436A-11d3-83B6-00902747E82E} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SHDOCVW.DLL
    O9 - Extra button: PeoplePC - {A6E07A82-436A-11d3-83B6-00902747E82E} - c:\windows\PeoplePC\hta\peopledialer.hta
    O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ZONELABS\vsmon.exe

also , zone alarm is blocking around 3000 intrusions an hour

what the hell

fem the retarded rabbit mccoffee's Avatar
    is there a log file for the intrusions from za ?
    Comptia a+ n+

they are the same type of intrusion , the one where you click the more info link and it says it could be internet background noise ..... I looked up quite a few of the incoming ip numbers and they are random from all over the world , and they were hitting various ports . thank god though the high rate of intrusions seems to have slowed down to as normal amount. When I posted that it was going nuts , Im looking at it now and it has slowed down drastically.