Thread: Wireless Linksys Modem/Router in One PROBLEMS!! - HELP!!!

Angry Wireless Linksys Modem/Router in One PROBLEMS!! - HELP!!!

Just out of the blue my internet connection bombed on me. It was after my service provider disconnected my internet and turned it back on. I have been on the phone with Charter, Linksys, and Compaq. Finally narrowed it down to the modem/router from Linksys. My provider is communicating with the modem/router but the modem/router is not communicating with my laptop. I am just certain that there are some sort of settings that are not right. Finally Linksys emailed me a response to my question and they had me go to the wireless page on the default site 192.168.0.1 and do the following:

3. A login screen will appear. Leave the username blank and password is admin then hit Ok. Note: If it doesn’t take admin as the password, you might have changed it when you have run the Run Me First CD that came with the Cable Gateway so try your password.
    4. Under Wireless tab, look for the Wireless Network Name SSID.
    5. Verify if the SSID has been changed from its default setting, linksys. Otherwise, change it to something unique.
    6. If the channel is still set to its default channel 6, change it to 11. (Note: Save the settings in case changes were made on the router.)
    7. Check the Wireless Network Type then click Wireless Security sub tab.
    8. Verify the Wireless Encryption Level. If you are using any encryption, either 64 or 128, make note of the Default Key and use the same network key on the wireless computer. (Note: For 64-bit WEP, network key should be 10 characters. For 128-bit WEP, network key should be 26 characters).

Once I did this the internet appeared to work just fine but then I disconnected and reconnected after I repaired the connection and I ran into problems entering the security key because I am an IDIOT apparently, I forgot to write that security key down (I know IDIOT!!) but anyway what do I do now.

Is this anyone out there who can help me?

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Connect your laptop to the Linksys using a patch cord...wired...not wireless...log in and change your security key..write it down this time.

If your laptop for some reason does not have an enternet port....then reset the Linksys again to factory defaults....run through the above steps again.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!