Thread: Silent hill movie

Silent hill movie

just got back And I loved it, ima big fan of the game own all 4... the movie was pretty dam close

slight spoliers below

the prymidhead felt kinda outta place..... and like after you see him tiwce thats it.. its like what happend

anyone else see this? I'm contemplating seeing it this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Abbey
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.

I'm seeing it in about 5 minutes ...

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Nevermind, wrong movie.

Warning, if you never played the game you might not like it. If you have played the game it will be an awsome ride.
    The Chicken Hawk has spoken...

http://www.gameagme.com
    Tactical Damage Clan Server
    http://www.tacticaldamage.com/

Mississauga, Ontario , Canada. Behaviour : Good
    Played the game and liked it.

Don't think it can be a standalone movie.

I played 1 and 2

so does that mean if I take someone that hasn't played the games that I will spend the whole movie explaining things?

If you played the 1st one, which is the best, then you will be fine. The movie spoon feeds stuff since it has to go off the assumption the average movie viewer has never played the game.
    The Chicken Hawk has spoken...

http://www.gameagme.com
    Tactical Damage Clan Server
    http://www.tacticaldamage.com/

no. no, No. NO, NO... NO! stevebakh's Avatar
    Oki, we went to see this last week and both me and my lady friend left the cinema feeling a little disappointed. There were some good scenes (especially the ending scene) and it was also quite good as a horror flick. But too much was left unexplained. I know it's based on a game, but this is a movie. You should be able to watch the film and fully understand, without ever having even heard of the game. If you can't do that, then it's a bad movie, made with poor directing and story-telling.

* possible spoiler following *

Some of the dialog between the characters was terrible, especially between Rose and Cybil at some parts. There were some silly / cheesy parts. The ending was the most annoying. I wanted some closure and didn't get any. Were they supposed to be dead? Perhaps they died in the car crash, or because of the fumes from the coal fires? Did alisa (I presume it was satan masquerading as the young alisa) enter the body of sharon? I just wanted to know why they didn't return to normal reality after everything went down. And because they were still in that same reality, howcome you didn't see the blood or leftover bodies at the church and then what happened to the grown-up Alisa?

I do like that it was the Borg Queen who played a bady queen-like figure again - awesome. She looks mean. And also, the young girl has the great ability to display the most evil looking grin I've seen in a while. Especially when she was acting as the young alisa/devil.

i saw it and i hated it

My~Rig
    |Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Toledo 2.0GHz @ 2.5Ghz||ASROCK 939Dual-SATA2||OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC3200|ZALMAN 120MM CNPS7700-CU|
    |ATI XT 1600 PRO|CSB SB0570 Audigy SE 7.1||WD SE16 SATA 320GB HD|Hitachi SATA 160GB HD|Thermaltake TR2 W0070 ATX 430W Power Supply |WIN 7 Ultimate| (College Budget)

I might see it again actually....reading more reviews of it, majority seem to like it...I'm sure there's stuff I missed the first time around...

My major complaints are....why do they change character names....your supposed to be Harry Mason....the mason family, and they have a different last name....

I think Sean Bean could of played Harry Mason pretty well....get rid of the wife...

Also the wife driving away from the cop was stupid, the cop is supposed to help you, they should of kept it exactly how it was in the game..

ALso they missed way too many oppurtunities to scare the crap out of you, really good stuff that scared me in the game was totally left out of the movie....also they just moved way too quickly through the different locations, when they should of had them go in the school, and read the clues and papers and stuff to help explain the story, just like in the games.

Dialogue too was pretty bad at times, but oh well. It really captured the atmosphere and mood of the game though, the monsters were spot on, it really made me feel like Silent Hill was a real place.....

I hope the 2nd movie they do stays a little more true to the details of the games, and has more explanation as you go around searching, instead of having a 20 minute dialogue where the girl explains everything....

i liked it... it may not have been great by any means, but i was entertained... so i liked it...

and was it me or did it also seem, like a 2 hour Tool video?
    Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    I often wonder if the voices in my head ever get frustrated because I'm just too damn lazy to climb that clock tower.
    Click image to enlarge
    click image to view full version