Thread: New puppy smiling for the camera

New puppy smiling for the camera

Is this not the cutest face in the world....I could just eat 'im up.
    In one of the pics it actually looks like he's smiling for the camera.
    Roscoe's about 14 weeks old in the pictures.

http://loop2kil.googlepages.com/newfamilymember

Collie dogs are great, Roscoe looks to have some collie too, smart enough normally that they train you, not the other way around.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

Quote Originally Posted by brembo
    Collie dogs are great, Roscoe looks to have some collie too, smart enough normally that they train you, not the other way around.
    no collie...full blooded Australian Shepherd...he was a gift from a friend who breeds them.

Well, it's real close to what a collie is(herder) and Aus. Sheps are no dummies either, I've messed with a few that were incredible frisbee dogs. Give him a job and he'll be a happy dog.

Quote Originally Posted by loop2kil
    no collie...full blooded Australian Shepherd...he was a gift from a friend who breeds them.

Great looking dog. Australian Shepherds were bred from collies http://www.glassportal.com/herding/shepherd.htm

Well, it's real close to what a collie is(herder) and Aus. Sheps are no dummies either, I've messed with a few that were incredible frisbee dogs. Give him a job and he'll be a happy dog.
    Oh yeah, we've been warned about them needing jobs as they have incredible energy. I've been letting him play frisbee some, but he seems like a partially deflated soccer ball the best. We were thinking about getting either goats or ducks to put in the back yard so that he could stay busy while we are at work. We thought our little chihuahau would keep him busy but he plays too rough for a 4-lb dog. He's already at ~22 lbs and will sometimes just pounce on her.

He will be both an inside and outside dog. Using a crate to get him completly trained....he hasnt' messed in his crate since the first week we brought him home. Seems very smart too, already knows: Sit, lay down, Stay and my favorite ' leave it.'
    Mind you none of them are 100% all the time especially with different levels of distractions.

Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt
    Great looking dog. Australian Shepherds were bred from collies http://www.glassportal.com/herding/shepherd.htm
    ahh, did not know that...my bad brembo, you actually did know what you're talking about

If I were a betting man, I'd say the Australian Shep came from collie stock orginally and likely got some dingo in it along the way. Would make for a hearty and intelligent breed.

The ball thing, frisbee at his age might tweak the teeth some, one he figures out he can run after it and cath it in the AIR, he'll convert.

Goats or ducks. He'll run them to exhaustion, simple as that. Dogs have breathtaking endurance, and herders don't stop until all the little herdees are still and quiet. I gave my collie the job of making sure nothing is missed, she informs me of every change in the situation. Barking, whining, scatching or some maner to get my attention. She does not like to fetch, kinda likes for me to chase her...she lives to hawk out any change that might possibly effect me. Granted I am informed at 11:30 at night that a moth has landed on the screen, but she takes care to do a thorough job.

Frisbee/tennis ball gets my vote as his job.

If I were a betting man, I'd say the Australian Shep came from collie stock orginally and likely got some dingo in it along the way. Would make for a hearty and intelligent breed.

The ball thing, frisbee at his age might tweak the teeth some, one he figures out he can run after it and cath it in the AIR, he'll convert.

Goats or ducks. He'll run them to exhaustion, simple as that. Dogs have breathtaking endurance, and herders don't stop until all the little herdees are still and quiet. I gave my collie the job of making sure nothing is missed, she informs me of every change in the situation. Barking, whining, scatching or some maner to get my attention. She does not like to fetch, kinda likes for me to chase her...she lives to hawk out any change that might possibly effect me. Granted I am informed at 11:30 at night that a moth has landed on the screen, but she takes care to do a thorough job.

Frisbee/tennis ball gets my vote as his job.
    That's halarious about the moth, as i can just picture her sheer desire to show you that she noticed.

oh lord I'm in trouble i see.

Come to think of it he did that the other day in the car. We were taking my son and dropping him off with my parents at chuck e cheese ( god bless 'em for enduring that) . when we shut the door of the car and started to leave he kept nudging me on the shoulder and whining a bit like we forgot something.

Quote Originally Posted by loop2kil
    Is this not the cutest face in the world....I could just eat 'im up.
    In one of the pics it actually looks like he's smiling for the camera.
    Roscoe's about 14 weeks old in the pictures.

http://loop2kil.googlepages.com/newfamilymember

great pics and cool dog!

Ewww so cute!

I'm usually more of a cat person but that is one cute puppy!!

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."

Bruce Lee

that dog is adorable <3
    There is security in fearlessness.

cute pup... looks like chewer
    Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    I often wonder if the voices in my head ever get frustrated because I'm just too damn lazy to climb that clock tower.
    Click image to enlarge
    click image to view full version