Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ghettoside v. Round Lake Post Office

ghettoside v. Round Lake Post Office

I've been collecting unemployment since mid-January. Or trying to anyway...

I haven't seen a check since Feb, and it's a problem w/ the post office here.

This both a venting post and looking for feedback...what do you guys think should be done about this crap?

It started with the 2 week check I certified for on March 8th. It should have arrived March 11. But it never came. So I went to UI office March 15. After stopping the check, they checked it out and said it was returned by my local Post Office. So they issued a replacement check. That never came either.

Then I certified on March 22 for my next check. Well that hasn't arrived either.

So on March 27 I go back to UI. This time I get a supervisor to handle my case. So she stops all the checks, and re-issue. She says I should have them by Sat. April 1. If not, she gave me her ext. # and told me call first thing Monday. The 1st replacement check and the March 22 check have not been returned or cashed.

And on March 21, I called UI and asked them to reset my pin. So I could generate a piece of mail from UI. And lo and behold, on March 24 (fri) I get a letter from UI, informing me that the pin was reset and if I did it ignore the letter, otherwise call UI.

WTH! I get that damn letter, but no checks.

And the UI supervisor had a few stories of her own about post office problems. She lives in town here too.

I get at least 3 pieces of mail a week that are from the other side of town (various addresses)...and my Dad lives 4 blocks away and has the same crap going on.

In fact, on Sat, I was at my Dad's house, and he was looking at this catalog that came...then he turns it over to the back and says "sh*t, this isn't mine".
    It belonged a few doors down. On Mon, my dad tells me that when he took that catalog over to the neighbor's house, she asked him if he had her husband's check. WTF!

So anyway, when the first check was found returned, I went to the Post Office. I get this a**wipe supervisor, who stands there telling me, "well, we need to see the check envelope to do anything..." Yeah, how the h*ll am I supposed to manage that? So I start b*tching about the wrong mail being delivered all the time...so this jack*ss says "well, did you get any wrong mail today?" I said no...so he says "well, I can't do anything about that then".
    Then he says "well, I have things to do..." and I said what are you going to do about my checks...I want to file a complaint. He says "well, you don't have any proof of anything, you can't file a complaint.." and "we don't have your checks, we don't hold mail and spread it out so the carriers have work for all week"

At that point I started to shake...that happens right before I might kill someone...I had a powerful urge to just reach across the counter and rip his adam's apple out...when I felt my Dad's hand on my arm. He knows how I get...

And on March 27, went back to the Post office. Once again I got a spin move. So now I'm really pissed.

So I'm going on a mission. Going to gather copies of each piece of wrong mail that comes, and then send copies along with a letter to the Postmaster General in Washington. And write a letter to the Editor of the county daily newspaper. And I'm headed for a Village Board meeting, to ask them to include this issue in the next Village newsletter...to inform the citizens and ask for citizens to report their problems with the mail.

And I'm thinking about going door to door with a petition or something...I know this isn't isolated to me.

This merits an investigation. and some heads should roll. I think I had a right to file a complaint at the Post Office too. That supervisor thinks he's real smart...I'll fix his stupid a**. There's more than one way to skin a cat other than starting at the a**hole...

I have pulled a lot of stories on the internet on this sort of crap...here's a few link

link2

link3

Lol, I have about a hundred of these...

And I can't find the one where it said that it's next to impossible to fire postal workers...so prosecutors usually just plea bargain to get the sob's to quit the post office. And what a crock that is.

here's a forum on some postal worker thefts...uh, some strong language there folks... link

if ya noticed, under my avatar my location says going postal...

I hope I can resolve this peacefully...although I'm beginning to have my doubts that I can control myself much longer...
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post

There are idiots everywhere.

At work, in forums, in poetry classes, everywhere!

You might find this link somewhat amusing! They can be fired for not delivering unwanted bulk mail!

http://blog.dmnews.com/2005/11/15/po...ing-bulk-mail/

Sounds like you have a good plan going. Stay with it!! Good luck!!
    Mystical Folding Minx

ya man .... call the post master general for the state...keep being a pest about it ...i would.

I used to know an ex-postmaster. He told me that the only way to get the Post Office's attention was to get your member of congress involved on something like a congressional inquiry or something like that. I don't remember the details but you might hit google up for some info
    My son ... ask for thyself another internet connection, for that which I leave is too slow for thee

Quote Originally Posted by Zilog B
    I used to know an ex-postmaster. He told me that the only way to get the Post Office's attention was to get your member of congress involved on something like a congressional inquiry or something like that. I don't remember the details but you might hit google up for some info
    WOW, that sounds like a lot of work just to get your mail sheeesh!
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Quote Originally Posted by Prey521
    WOW, that sounds like a lot of work just to get your mail sheeesh!

That's what the guy told me to do if I ever had problems with the PO, and he had worked there ~25+ years
    My son ... ask for thyself another internet connection, for that which I leave is too slow for thee

Quote Originally Posted by Zilog B

Thanks, I had thought about making some calls to my Congressman but dismissed the thought as going overboard. But thanks to your feedback I will pursue this too. The BS has to stop.

Thanks everyone else too.

// venting //

This would also get some attention

Quote Originally Posted by Keg Party

got my attention!!!

thats niiiice real real niiiiiice...

why are my panties wet?
    Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    I often wonder if the voices in my head ever get frustrated because I'm just too damn lazy to climb that clock tower.
    Click image to enlarge
    click image to view full version

[IMGhttp://www.littlegun.be/arme%20americaine/colt/colt%2045%201911a1%20mk4%20series%2080-01.jpg[/IMG]

Nice?...yes but somehow I think the Postal Service is better armed.

LOL, I've thought about that...there's a nice patch of trees not 40 yards from the employees entrance. easy enough to climb one of those trees. But aside from it not being too sporting to shoot ducks in a barrel (that's how I view that)
    it's not worth life in prison. Of course if I did go postal I wouldn't to worry about collecting any more checks lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzo
    Nice?...yes but somehow I think the Postal Service is better armed.
    yeah lol, I found quite a few pages on postal workers going berserk and killing their co-workers.

If nothing else this thread should provide some amusement to all.

Is www.roundlakepostofficesucks.com taken? Throw up some google ads and you may have something there :d

Could they send the checks fedex or UPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Izzo
    ya man .... call the post master general for the state...keep being a pest about it ...i would.

I had to call the Post Master about a individual who was continuously sending back our international shipments on BS technicalities pertaining to the customs label. Plus he was an ass to boot, took care of the problem in one fail swoop.

Other than that the Post office is very hard to deal with, we do about 50K+ in postage a year and that has earned us a little better customer service but not much. I think one of the big problems is that the PO is usuallly understaffed and everyone is scrambling. (our local post office is stoned to the bone as well) Also most mail doesn't have delivery confirmation so if it's lost there isn't any way to trace or track it.

Hope you get this resolved ghetto. In my own saga with the PO I've renewed my license twice, once in November and once in Febuary still driven around on an expired license cause the PO can't get me my damn license... wonder who has it.
    Feelings about religion: I believe in a dogma-free personal Prime Mover.

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF
    Is www.roundlakepostofficesucks.com taken? Throw up some google ads and you may have something there :d

Could they send the checks fedex or UPS?

YoS , that's hilarious, and no, it's not taken, i just checked. I just might register that...and pay by money order...so by then i should have $ to pay for the domain.

As to checks by fedex or UPS, unfortunately no. I also asked about direct deposit...negatory on that too. Only way IL issues checks is by US Mail.

Thanks for the feedback and the laugh, I needed that

Quote Originally Posted by triniwasp

I had to call the Post Master about a individual who was continuously sending back our international shipments on BS technicalities pertaining to the customs label. Plus he was an ass to boot, took care of the problem in one fail swoop.

Other than that the Post office is very hard to deal with, we do about 50K+ in postage a year and that has earned us a little better customer service but not much. I think one of the big problems is that the PO is usuallly understaffed and everyone is scrambling. (our local post office is stoned to the bone as well) Also most mail doesn't have delivery confirmation so if it's lost there isn't any way to trace or track it.

Hope you get this resolved ghetto. In my own saga with the PO I've renewed my license twice, once in November and once in Febuary still driven around on an expired license cause the PO can't get me my damn license... wonder who has it.
    prolly some illegal or crook is using your name...that's a scary thought.

or maybe it's sitting in some postal carrier's closet or jeep. prolly where my checks are at too.

what really irks me is the attitude of the postal supervisor. what a jerk.

thanks for sharing your own story trini, misery loves company.
    I hope you get your license resolved too.

I know if you are unemployed you prolly dont have the cash, but have you thought of a POBox. I used to use one because the mailman didnt get to my house till 4pm or after and my bank closed at 3 on Saturday. I did it to get it faster and have cash for the weekend and pay my rent.

http://www.usps.com/postmasterfinder/

find your local Postmaster, or call the office of the Postmaster General.

General Information
    1-800-ASK-USPS® or (800) 275-8777
    Hours of Operation:
    Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. (Eastern Time)
    Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Write down who you talk to and where on the totem pole they are.... Start above that supervisor, That might be the Station Manager or the local Postmaster already.. if same attitude. Every boss has a boss.. and guess what.. if you cannot get it fixed locally, There is an Oversight comittee that oversees the USPS.. goto them..
    http://www.uspsoig.gov/whodoestwhat.htm - Office of Inspector General. They oversee the Conduct of the Postal Employees....

Good luck.. Take'm down!
    Beer, Pretzels, and a Monkey with a shotgun. Dare I ask for more?

SYSTEM A / system b
    INTEL P4 3.06Ghz / intel p4 2.53Ghz
    INTEL D865PERL / intel d845pebt2
    1GB DDR3200 OCZ RAM / 512MB 2700 ram
    ATI RADEON 9800 PRO 128/ pny ti4400
    SEAGATE SATA 7200 80Gb / maxtor 7200 100Gb
    SB AUDIGY GAMER/ onboard sound
    XP Pro on both

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty
    I know if you are unemployed you prolly dont have the cash, but have you thought of a POBox. I used to use one because the mailman didnt get to my house till 4pm or after and my bank closed at 3 on Saturday. I did it to get it faster and have cash for the weekend and pay my rent.
    I did consider that Lefty, however, I don't drive because I used to like to drink and drive (haven't had a license in 10+ years) and the post office is on the other side town...about 5 miles. would be too much of a pain in the a** to have a PO Box. But I considered it over the past month, while it was still cold and sh*tty out. So maybe I'll rethink that. Thanks for the thought.

As to paying bills, bro my rent is due April 1 and I'm getting worried. And I still owe $83 for my high speed comcast...not good. losing my internet would just kill me, I'm addicted to the internet and SG.

I do some web work, but since I had that tooth out about a month ago, I've only had 1 minor job- $50. That tooth cost me almost $400. I'm allowed to make 50% of my benefit amount per week without it cutting into my benefits, but doesn't matter- I'm pulling in jack squat lately. I can't even get any day labor- none of the jobs so far are accessible by public transportation.

I could get regular full time as a machinist (I've been a machinist for 25 years and CNC programmer 17 of those years) but I'd have to take work in Chicago, which would mean moving again. I've managed to get myself situated 4 blocks from my Dad's house...in a far north suburb where i grew up. We didn't get along for years due to my years of addiction and gang involvement in the City. So I'm very hesitant to return to the City, my Dad's getting old and not in the best of health and I'm staying out here so I can be nearby. Atoning for past evils done...and I've been clean going on one year this April. returning to the City puts me at risk to relapse no matter what my intentions are, I know way too many people. I think eventually I may very well slip up if stuff presents itself on a daily basis.

No matter which way i turn my butt is still behind me. I have to stay out here and just keep plugging away at finding a suitable job and/or getting my biz running. I have to stay near my Dad and away from the City.

one bright spot is that I've been doing a lot of little favors for my landlady who is also old and in very bad shape, without asking for anything in return. Just a few weeks ago I took her to the hospital for tests, her kids live in town here but don't do sh*t for her. i was not all happy with the 4+ hour wait at the hospital, and there's going to be a return trip to the hospital in a few months which I'm not looking forward to either, but i'll do it since someone has to and her kids are worthless.

anyway, she's been cool about me being late on the Comcast, and has already told me she understands about the mail and my checks...and don't worry right now about being late on the rent. But don't get too far behind...

that sure was a mouthful eh?

Quote Originally Posted by SpareX
    http://www.usps.com/postmasterfinder/

find your local Postmaster, or call the office of the Postmaster General.

General Information
    1-800-ASK-USPS® or (800) 275-8777
    Hours of Operation:
    Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. (Eastern Time)
    Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Write down who you talk to and where on the totem pole they are.... Start above that supervisor, That might be the Station Manager or the local Postmaster already.. if same attitude. Every boss has a boss.. and guess what.. if you cannot get it fixed locally, There is an Oversight comittee that oversees the USPS.. goto them..
    http://www.uspsoig.gov/whodoestwhat.htm - Office of Inspector General. They oversee the Conduct of the Postal Employees....

Good luck.. Take'm down!

Good info on the Oversight Committee, thanks SpareX.

good luck bro
    To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata