Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indfia outsourcing- why education doesn't guarantee a good job anymore

Indfia outsourcing- why education doesn't guarantee a good job anymore

A real downer, but you might think its good to know about...

Conventional wisdom is that more education leads to better jobs and prevents you from falling behind in the workforce. But countries like India already have the skills of the 21st century that we're trying so hard to get, and they're willing to work for a tenth as much-

India has moved directly into industries that advanced countries like the United States thought were their exclusive turf. ... What this means is that American workers whose jobs are threatened ... are, in many cases, people who thought they already had acquired the skills to "fill the jobs of the 21st century"...
    America has done a lot to improve and extend relations with india, evemn giving them exemptions to non-proliferation treaties and freeing them up to build nuclear weapons. With relations that good, expect much better ties between american corporations and indian workers, and a lot more outsourcing.

full article here- http://economistsview.typepad.com/ec...rugman_fe.html

Heres more on why having a college eduation doesn't guarantee success anymore- in fact, average real wages for college graduates actually fell about 5% between 2000-2004:

Ben Bernanke's maiden Congressional testimony as chairman of the Federal Reserve was, everyone agrees, superb. He didn't put a foot wrong on monetary or fiscal policy. But Mr. Bernanke did stumble at one point. Responding to a question from Representative Barney Frank about income inequality, he declared that "the most important factor" in rising inequality "is the rising skill premium, the increased return to education."...

The truth is quite different. Highly educated workers have done better than those with less education, but a college degree has hardly been a ticket to big income gains. The 2006 Economic Report of the President tells us that the real earnings of college graduates actually fell more than 5 percent between 2000 and 2004. Over the longer stretch from 1975 to 2004 the average earnings of college graduates rose, but by less than 1 percent per year...

Why would someone as smart and well informed as Mr. Bernanke get the nature of growing inequality wrong? Because the fallacy he fell into tends to dominate polite discussion about income trends, not because it's true, but because it's comforting. The notion that it's all about returns to education suggests that nobody is to blame for rising inequality, that it's just a case of supply and demand at work. And it also suggests that the way to mitigate inequality is to improve our educational system ・and better education is a value to which just about every politician in America pays at least lip service.
    Full link here- http://www.pekingduck.org/archives/003527.php

It seems like more and more, success means being on the top from the beginning. Its still possible to come from the bottom and rise through hard work, but thats getting harder and harder to do with every generation. If you're one of the best and brightest things are good, otherwise get out of the way and get ready for the pain and leaner times...
    Funny is when a fat lady walks around while someone plays the tuba. Once you've seen that, you'll never laugh at anything else. Except maybe a skeleton dancing around while someone plays the xylophone, which is almost exactly the opposite of a fat lady walking around while someone plays the tuba. Well, a skeleton is the opposite of a fat lady. But is a xylophone the opposite of a tuba? History will decide.

hi

India has been a pioneer in providing outsourcing solutions and has been providing a range of outsourcing services to countries across the globe. Today, India can be called as the world’s outsourcing hub.

Quote Originally Posted by seo-internet View Post
    India has been a pioneer in providing outsourcing solutions and has been providing a range of outsourcing services to countries across the globe. Today, India can be called as the world’s outsourcing hub.
    Easy..., we don't need that type of response on the boards. He has violated no rules... *edited by Ken*
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    Easy..., we don't need that type of response on the boards. He has violated no rules... *edited by Ken*
    maybe you had the right to edit some of my reply, but not all of it as there was some of my reply that did not violate any rules either. the only part you should have taken out was the name calling. yes? no? maybe?
    Last edited by Gixxer; 07-01-09 at 08:07 AM.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

maybe you had the right to edit some of my reply, but not all of it as there was some of my reply that did not violate any rules either.
    Don't go there... We don't need to attack new people coming on the boards. Chill it down or take a break... End of story...

SG Enthusiast
    maybe you had the right to edit some of my reply, but not all of it as there was some of my reply that did not violate any rules either. the only part you should have taken out was the name calling. yes? no? maybe?
    Oh, I'm pretty sure that Ken has the right to edit any and all of your replies, if he so chooses.
    Last edited by Scott; 07-01-09 at 08:39 AM.

How about I ban you for the name calling?... Want to play? Keep it up...

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Don't go there... We don't need to attack new people coming on the boards. Chill it down or take a break... End of story...
    by no means am i trying to be a dick, just trying to figure out the reasoning.

attacks happen everyday here. so it is just the new people that are safe?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Oh, I'm pretty sure that Ken has the right to edit any and all of your replies, if he so chooses.
    i'm pretty sure no one asked you. but in relation as to not violating any rules; some of my reply was edited that did not violate any rules. you are correct in that he can edit anything he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    How about I ban you for the name calling?... Want to play? Keep it up...
    the first part of my post, i admit, there was a fine line of name calling or reference which i already admitted to in my 2nd post. i don't think i came out and straight called him a name though.

as far as what you refer to as "play". no sir, my views, no matter how warped they are to others.

edit: i was wrong for the "attack", i am not wrong for expressing my views.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

SG Enthusiast
    i'm pretty sure no one asked you. but in relation as to not violating any rules; some of my reply was edited that did not violate any rules. you are correct in that he can edit anything he wants.
    If you want to limit the replies to your post to certain individuals, perhaps you should consider using the PM function. If you post comments in the thread for everyone to see you should be prepared for responses to those posts, welcomed or otherwise. The whole "no one asked you" is incredibly weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    If you want to limit the replies to your post to certain individuals, perhaps you should consider using the PM function. If you post comments in the thread for everyone to see you should be prepared for responses to those posts, welcomed or otherwise. The whole "no one asked you" is incredibly weak.
    i am prepared for other responses and don't care if 100 or 1 response/s come flying in.

"The whole "no one asked you" is incredibly weak."

i disagree as it is correct (as in i did not ask you) and to the point. either way, all replies are welcome, including yours. i, in no way meant what i said to you as how you saw it toward yourself.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

Quote Originally Posted by seo-internet View Post
    you are not done in the PM area, are you? i was enjoying it!

a.k.a. GSXR 750

that's better although, i am not getting any Pm pop ups, but only from you.

hmmmmmmmmmmm

oh well, your turn.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

Probably a good idea not to troll a thread you've been warned by an admin in.

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Probably a good idea not to troll a thread you've been warned by an admin in.
    not trolling, per se, just letting him know that i enjoy his PM's because i think something is wrong with my notifications. so if my PM's worked correctly i would not need to let him know i am sometimes getting his.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

not trolling, per se, just letting him know that i enjoy his PM's because i think something is wrong with my notifications. so if my PM's worked correctly i would not need to let him know i am sometimes getting his.
    So tell him in PMs, plus he doesn't need to know that your notification is broken.

And its trollish.

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Ken was typing in his daddy-voice.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. - JP II

Ken is my hero!!!!!!!

What the big man says is the law. His board, his rules, his call. No explaining or justification needed.

(Hi Philip)

People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

So tell him in PMs, plus he doesn't need to know that your notification is broken.

And its trollish.
    i did tell him in pm. not sure if he is getting them though. as for the trolling goes, you may be right, although i don't think so for the fact that is the only other way for me to get a message to him if the pm's are broke, no?

and why are you judging? (trollish, no?)

Quote Originally Posted by MadDoctor View Post
    Ken is my hero!!!!!!!

What the big man says is the law. His board, his rules, his call. No explaining or justification needed.

(Hi Philip)

easy, you have 31 post count.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750

and why are you judging? (trollish, no?)
    I'm not judging, I'm trying to give you some free advice so you change your tune a bit and don't get banned by Special K.

I'm not judging, I'm trying to give you some free advice so you change your tune a bit and don't get banned by Special K.
    not sure why you care, but all the same, Thanks.
    a.k.a. GSXR 750