Thread: huge nat error (azureus) tried everything

huge nat error (azureus) tried everything

Hello all/Izzo:

I read the other thread as google linked me here. I'm hoping someone has the expertise to help me out, because I'm at loss here.

Here's what I'm using:

Bittorrent client: Azureus
    Modem: Westell 6100 (Verizion DSL)
    Router: D-link DGL 4300
    Firewall: Norton Internet security 2002 (software)

Ok now for the basics:

- The westell modem has the firewall option disabled and allows all traffic (at least that what it says).
    - In norton, I've allowed everything for azureus
    - I've opened the ports forwarding for azurues in the router, 6969 6881-6889 (default bittorrent profile in the router).
    - I made the port 6969 for azurues and I still get nat errors.
    - The azurues client has a yellow smiley face and says at the bottom: "firewalled" with a red circle, "DHT Firewalled" with a yellow circle and the ratio is a green circle.

Now with xbox 360, you're able to test the nat and I get the ok saying it's open, but for bittorrent clients it's always an error.

what am I doing wrong? It's driving me nuts

Norton 2002 eh?...is Azureaus allowed within the firewall?

You only need to open one port ....incoming 6881 outgoing 6881 TCP ..enter your IP ... if you're getting the firewall error and it's been allowed ....and this may be extreme for you ..but I'd uninstall Norton and go with a free virus scan /firewall...or anything besides Norton and McAfee

I've used AVG and Sygate(yes, i know there symantec now) and had no issues ...just for kicks ...uninstall Norton and start it up and see what happens.

let me know ...

I'm not sure if Norton allows it or not, but I made norton "allow" it through the program access option.

I just tried after uninstalling norton completely and deleted the registry files for symantec, but it still gave me the nat error / firewalled.

I'm ready to blow up this box anyway (do it about every 6 months) but what would be a good software firewall to use besides norton? I really don't like norton. And if you have any ideas why it's still not working, I'd love to hear it... thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss
    I'm not sure if Norton allows it or not, but I made norton "allow" it through the program access option.

I just tried after uninstalling norton completely and deleted the registry files for symantec, but it still gave me the nat error / firewalled.

I'm ready to blow up this box anyway (do it about every 6 months) but what would be a good software firewall to use besides norton? I really don't like norton. And if you have any ideas why it's still not working, I'd love to hear it... thanks man.

hmm ..sounds like a router issue...i might be wrong but look within your router settings

the westell 6100 has full nat capabilities.

I believe your westell 6100 is setup as a router and your router is a router too.

So, you'll need to change your westell over to a GATEWAY. This will disable the routing functions (firewall) in the westell and hand security over to your router.
    Strap It On Whenever It Seems Appropriate

http://www.tomsclan.com

ok, you hsoudl make sure that your BT client does in fact use the ports you opened, further, you need to port trigger, go to this site and follow the instructions. (www.portforward.com/english/rout···ndex.htm) with dgl 4300 you may also want to set up the QoS (gamefuel) this will improve the quality of donwloads too

I went through a lot of changes trying to setup azureus with the westell 6100
    I can tell you that you need to forward different port(S) because anything in the range of 1024–49151 may possibly be either - Blascklisted or reserved by another app.

check out the azureus wiki's Very helpful - at http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php...is_blacklisted

I had to forward 2 ports each with TCP and UDP for azureus DHT to work correctly.