Thread: I would like to know if I am getting a good signal :)

I would like to know if I am getting a good signal :)

hi everybody I am new and I am glad to join sg.net , lots of great info on this site!!!.......so here I go.......I have roadrunner for my isp from brighthouse networks in tampabay florida.......my computer is windows xp.....connected to a netgear wireless router even so this computer is using the wired part (ethernet) (using the wireless of course for other computers ), and it is connected to a scientific atlanta,,,wich acording to them I also have the latest model.and have completelly new wires thruout the whole house, (from street to house) and I went of course to the modems ip site to check on its signal levels etc, and ok enough of that jic u guys needed the info lol.......

this is what I get

Downstream Channel
    The data shown in the table below provides information about the signal coming from the network to your cable modem.

Downstream Status
    Operational

Channel ID

Downstream Frequency
    645000000 Hz

Modulation
    256QAM

Bit Rate
    15392768 bits/sec

Power Level
    11.8 dBmV

Signal to Noise Ratio
    37.6 dB

Upstream Channel
    The data shown in the table below provides information about the signal being transmitted to the network from your cable modem.

Upstream Status
    Operational

Channel ID

Upstream Frequency
    33008000 Hz

Modulation
    16QAM

Bit Rate
    2048000 bits/sec

Power Level
    49.0 dBmV

so the main question like I said,,,,,,,is this a good good signal to my house? I average out at about 14500 downloads and about 1900 upload at 15.0 down and 2.0 up advertised.......wich I think its a great deal ........pls let me know if I need to do anything if you guys think the modem is getting a poor signal somewhere or a bad result....remember my computer is connected to the router first.........sry if I have confused somewhere...but I hope I had enought info........thanks alot in advance...........take care people..........

The signal levels are fine and judging by your average speeds, I'd say just sit back and enjoy your faaast connection.

<envy>Wish I could get speeds like that</envy>

Quote Originally Posted by buckifan
    The signal levels are fine and judging by your average speeds, I'd say just sit back and enjoy your faaast connection.

<envy>Wish I could get speeds like that</envy>

lol thanks, what speeds are offered in your area? no fios atleast?.........

The highest my ISP offers is 6/1 Mb/s which is called ultra plus. The other two cablecos in the area (TW & Insight) have similar tiers.

Metamucil is the only source of fiber available around here. This is fly-over country served(?) by Ameritech..er..SBC..er..at&t.

Quote Originally Posted by buckifan
    The highest my ISP offers is 6/1 Mb/s which is called ultra plus. The other two cablecos in the area (TW & Insight) have similar tiers.

Metamucil is the only source of fiber available around here. This is fly-over country served(?) by Ameritech..er..SBC..er..at&t.

well that aint a bad speed at all, here they just recently upgraded to 7.0 down and 512 up as a standard meaning for those who doest pay for the extra for the 15.0 must b happy .... so if I read correctly and pls excuse my english, if you do have fiber in your area do they offer it in your street or is it expensive? cause if you have the choice and the money crap go for the speeds lol......well i will b around sry if I take a while to reply back.....nice to meeting you..peace.............