Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Co-Worker Is An Idiot......

My Co-Worker Is An Idiot......

We're having a discussion about motor oil and what not (he has a new Pontiac G6). So he tells me that he uses Mobil 1 (synthetic) and that he changes it every 3K miles. I told him that you're wasting your money. Mobil 1 should be changed at minimum every 5-6K miles and 10K at most. So he gets offended and says "so you're saying I don't know anything about cars?"...I say "No, you just don't know anything about motor oils"....he gave me the nastiest look and stormed out the office
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

So its not just us

Folding with AMD POWER Loonatic's Avatar
    Show that "idiot" this link and tell him to read - http://theoildrop.server101.com/
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.

I think he needs a hug Prey, Maybe even some poetry will calm him down a little.
    - Reps for being a smartass.
    SG Sh!!t List

Bouncer, downhill, John, Kip Patterson, Roody, YeOldeStonecat, Ken, Philip, David, Indy, Noevo.

Quote Originally Posted by Spammy
    I think he needs a hug Prey, Maybe even some poetry will calm him down a little.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie_R
    - Reps for being a smartass.
    SG Sh!!t List

Bouncer, downhill, John, Kip Patterson, Roody, YeOldeStonecat, Ken, Philip, David, Indy, Noevo.

Well he's changing it just for the sake to keep it cleaner running than what the manufacture requires... I do the same thing with my oil. 150K on my Ranger and runs great and looks great still for being 13years old

Quote Originally Posted by Spammy
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

I use Castrol Syntec and change it every 4K..but I run it hard like it's supposed to be run

To achieve the best peace of mind related to engine protection, many vehicle owners change their engine oils every 3,000 to 4,000 miles. Is this practice rendered meaningless with the advent of the Mobil high-endurance oils?

No, consumers should continue their current maintenance practices. They can now achieve peace of mind knowing the guaranteed performance and protection intervals of the new Mobil line of high-endurance oils. Mobil Clean 5000, Mobil Clean 7500, and Mobil 1 Extended Performance protect critical engine parts from lubricant-related failure for 5,000/7,500/15,000 miles - guaranteed.
    Taken from Mobil.
    "I was once banned from a bookstore for moving all the bibles to fiction"

I run AMsoil and change it every 5-6k miles.

I used to change my oil every 2k...I always felt the few extra $ for changing it early was worth extending the life of the motor.

so he wastes his money in your viewpoint, you tried to help him out and he copped a BS attitude...he sounds a little unreasonable, or do you constantly try to tell him stuff that you think he's doing wrong?

"...So he gets offended and says "so you're saying I don't know anything about cars?"...I say "No, you just don't know anything about motor oils" "

you could have worded your response a little nicer...

maybe you need to keep an eye on him, sounds like he might have postal tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post

There are idiots everywhere.

At work, in forums, in poetry classes, everywhere!

I change my Mobil 1 Synthetic every spring in the Camaro. It usually sits from October - April. So after the first few hard rainfalls to get the salt off the road, the car comes out for its oil change and the cycle starts again. Depending on what I do with the car that year, miles driven, type of driving, it sometimes gets changed in the middle of summer as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm

oh how true...
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Loonatic
    I run AMsoil and change it every 5-6k miles.
    Damn, that's a lot for Amsoil, the guys in my car club that run Amsoil change it once a year or every 20-25K miles.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoside
    I used to change my oil every 2k...I always felt the few extra $ for changing it early was worth extending the life of the motor.

so he wastes his money in your viewpoint, you tried to help him out and he copped a BS attitude...he sounds a little unreasonable, or do you constantly try to tell him stuff that you think he's doing wrong?

"...So he gets offended and says "so you're saying I don't know anything about cars?"...I say "No, you just don't know anything about motor oils" "

you could have worded your response a little nicer...

maybe you need to keep an eye on him, sounds like he might have postal tendencies
    Nah, I've only been here for less than a month, we talk every now and then, this was our first real indepth convo LOL

LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by Prey521
    Damn, that's a lot for Amsoil, the guys in my car club that run Amsoil change it once a year or every 20-25K miles.
    For good reason though - I race my car, and it sees a bit of idling in the winter too, so theres fuel dilution.