Thread: Question about W/D Raptors

Question Question about W/D Raptors

I have been having some problems with my Raid 0 set up and found that I have two W?D 74gig 10K rpm raptors but they seem to have different modle numbers.

bottom right corner

I took a look through W/D web site but was unable to find any referance to the diferance. Any of you run into this or know what the deal is?
    I took the drives out and their labels are identical so I am not sure if this is the root of my problem.

(system has been slugish even after a fresh install with current drivers, then yesterday I lost my "D:/ & E:/ " partitions, just shows up as "unpartitioned space now"
    The NastySasky:
    Intel i7 930 @ 2.8 GHz| eVGA X58 SLI | 12gigs Dominator XMS3 1600 | 2 ASUS ENGTX 470's | Intel X25 120Gig SSD + 2 WD Black 500's | Pioneer DVD/RW | LG Blu-Ray Writer | Antec 1000Watt | WarMachine M1 Case

umm... are those raptors setup as external drives for testing?

it doesn't make any sense for them to be listed there otherwise.

another note. I can't speak for the 74gig raptors, but I tried raid0 with 36gig raptors. Then, I ran them as single drives with a reinstall. I couldn't tell ANY difference at all. i did see a difference when I had previously raid0'ed 2 80gig wd and another time when I raid0'ed 2 40gig maxtors.

I'm assuming you properly installed the sata raid0 drivers?
    Strap It On Whenever It Seems Appropriate

http://www.tomsclan.com

Nope, the drives are not external. I am not sure whey they show up under removable devises, they allways have and a buddy of mine has a simmilar set up and his SATA drives show up in removable devises as well so I have never worried about it.
    I think I am going to give it a try setting the drives up as master and slave insed of striped just to see if I notice any preformance differance. I am just a bit conserned about the diferance in the model number ID's.
    The NastySasky:
    Intel i7 930 @ 2.8 GHz| eVGA X58 SLI | 12gigs Dominator XMS3 1600 | 2 ASUS ENGTX 470's | Intel X25 120Gig SSD + 2 WD Black 500's | Pioneer DVD/RW | LG Blu-Ray Writer | Antec 1000Watt | WarMachine M1 Case