Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving Is Not Fun...........

Moving Is Not Fun...........

I thought that this would be fun, boy was I wrong. When I moved from NYC to NJ, it was a breeze, since I had barely anything to move from my apartment..........this time, it's a totally different.

I think that updating all my bills to the new address is even worse!

The move this Saturday should be lots of fun, you know, since it's supposed to rain and all /sarcasm

Another thing that sucks ass is that I will no longer be on the Optonline network, hello Road Runner

/rant
    Last edited by Prey521; 01-19-06 at 12:46 AM.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Steps to make it easier:

1. Buy fire insurance
    2. Set house on fire
    3. ...
    4. Profit
    "I was once banned from a bookstore for moving all the bibles to fiction"

come to ct, all the cool kids are doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by brembo
    "This is a stick-up...I have an armadillo in my pants"

Quit

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

he not telling you the best part..he going to be living 5 minutes from me!

As a former moving man the best advice I can give you is start early. Go through every room and do a clean sweep, trash everything you dont need and havent used in years. Pack all none essentials marking clearly whats in each box and what room they go to. Stage everything so its easy to load. A little planning goes a long way and when you are sorting out at your new house you'll be glad you did the prep work and did the clean sweep when you start unpacking and say why the hell did I bring this with me.

Good luck and dont move north

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus
    um.....
    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."

Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Prey521
    I thought that this would be fun, boy was I wrong. When I moved from NYC to NJ, it was a breeze, since I had barely anything to move from my apartment..........this time, it's a totally different.

The move this Saturday should be lots of fun, you know, since it's supposed to rain and all /sarcasm

Another thing that sucks ass is that I will no longer be on the Optonline network, hello Road Runner

/rant
    ::::::: plays the violin ::::::

Emerald Triangle looking for EA and some trainwreck!
    Well prey, I moved into my house last February and we had a foot of snow on the ground. Wind was blowing pretty damn good to. Froze muh sack off but in the end it was well worth it!!! Take Lefty's advice, it is good advice. Hope it all goes smooth for you man!

Oh yea... Quit yer Bitchen!!!!

Make sure to protect all that priceless poetry from the rain.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. - JP II

Quote Originally Posted by tao_jones
    Make sure to protect all that priceless poetry from the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus
    Ah chit, I was hoping to keep that a secret, in case you ended up missing, I wouldn't be a suspect!
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Quote Originally Posted by Meggie
    come to ct, all the cool kids are doing it.
    I've already lost a huge portion of my NY'r status by moving to another state 5 minutes. I refuse to further degrade myself by moving to CT!

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty
    As a former moving man the best advice I can give you is start early. Go through every room and do a clean sweep, trash everything you dont need and havent used in years. Pack all none essentials marking clearly whats in each box and what room they go to. Stage everything so its easy to load. A little planning goes a long way and when you are sorting out at your new house you'll be glad you did the prep work and did the clean sweep when you start unpacking and say why the hell did I bring this with me.

Good luck and dont move north
    Ya, all the junk has been thrown out and everything packed in a properly labeled box. The move itself should be pretty smooth, weather permitting. I'm just a worry wart and tend to stress over non-issues!

And Oh yeah, Knight, Debbie and TJ:

And Oh yeah, Knight, Debbie and TJ:

Wait till you got a couple of kids.

Have you figured out where to put the Mariachi band yet?
    My son ... ask for thyself another internet connection, for that which I leave is too slow for thee

Quote Originally Posted by downhill
    Wait till you got a couple of kids.
    I was thinkin about that! We plan on having only 1 kid in this place, we get 2 kids sooner than expected, then we're going to have to sell and just get a house. Something that I don't look forward to either! LOL

Who the hell in their right mind would move in the winter up north...

see you all next week
    Kinky is using a feather.
    Perverted is using the whole chicken.

/rant
    Dude! You didn't tell us that your MIL was moving in with you... Is she resisting? A crane and a flat bed semi will make the job easier...