17 42.50%
  • Who cares...i even watch wrestling...

2 5.00%
  • Not sure

6 15.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NFL rigged?

Certified SG Addict
    Your team won, no need for sour grapes on calls.

Nah its not rigged. They are making a bigger deal out of that call then it needs to be. There has been several games over the years where a blatant call was missed that factored into the score of the game. I disagree with Porter on this one.

College ball is even worse when it comes to blown calls though. Shoot, look at the title game and Vince Young's obvious "knee down" play that wasn't called.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy
    Look at the Rose Bowl game. Tell me that was complete bull****. The question should be is football in general controlled by the illuminati?

everything is... Welcome to the Matrix....
    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."

Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by tao_jones
    The true issue is that NFL Referees are not full time employees (to my knowledge). It makes it pretty hard to be held responsible when its only your part time job.
    NFL referee's make $30-$75k per 16 game season,
    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."

Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by knightmare
    NFL referee's make $30-$75k per 16 game season,
    *prepares to drop out of college*

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy
    *prepares to drop out of college*
    referees for the other sports make $90-220k per year, but there is alot more games.

Bruce Lee

That was the biggest BS call I have seen all year. I wouldn't say the NFL is "rigged" because I wouldn't believe for a second that any player would throw a game. But I do believe that the Officials are told to "make the game interesting". There is no excuse for some of the officiating, especially this year. I understand 100% if a bad call was made on the field because the official is human and only sees the play from one angle. But when the play is challenged or reviewed and they look at it in slow motion form 10 different angles then there is no excuse for a bad call, that is where I think they should be fined for making bad calls. I know Joe Gibbs submitted many bad calls to the Officials after the game, all teams do this, and they admitted on most of they made the wrong call. But what is done about it? Nothing, they don't do any better the next week they simply say sorry and that call lost the game for you. If they can review a bad call that has been submitted to them why can't they call it correctly during a review during the game?

I am fairly sure that there is corrupt officials in all sports. Too much money changes hands on sports betting for it not to be...

Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    I am fairly sure that there is corrupt officials in all sports. Too much money changes hands on sports betting for it not to be...

It's all over ...every sport and anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.... started WAaayyyy before the Black Sox scandal in baseball...
    Offensive

Quote Originally Posted by Izzo
    It's all over ...every sport and anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.... started WAaayyyy before the Black Sox scandal in baseball...
    Izzy, Again, I apologize for the whole black sox scandal. Things just sorta got outta hand... (I hope that your rash has since cleared up...)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken

Just rented a movie a hour ago,just released, fixing to watch it-- called "Two for the Money"... Al Pacino

About Sports Betting

Bruce Lee

I don't necessarily think it's rigged I just think its run by humans and sometimes humans hold bias, make mistakes, bad calls, etc.. We try to compensate for this with all the technical measures and instant replay, but in the end human minds can and will always continue to make mistakes. The number of people and the amount of effort going into each football game makes it much more difficult for the greed of one to spoil it for all. There are too many eyes on the field for me to truly believe that there are any higher conspiracies going on.
    "Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof, We all must meet our moment of truth." - Guru

Quote Originally Posted by koldchillah
    I don't necessarily think it's rigged I just think its run by humans and sometimes humans hold bias, make mistakes, bad calls, etc.. We try to compensate for this with all the technical measures and instant replay, but in the end human minds can and will always continue to make mistakes. The number of people and the amount of effort going into each football game makes it much more difficult for the greed of one to spoil it for all. There are too many eyes on the field for me to truly believe that there are any higher conspiracies going on.
    Just rented a movie a hour ago,just released, fixing to watch it-- called "Two for the Money"... Al Pacino

About Sports Betting

Cool flick....it can happen

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095082/
    Offensive

About Sports Betting
    Im sorry LOL. That movie is not good imo.
    She's presenting like a mandrill!

Quote Originally Posted by 64bit
    Im sorry LOL. That movie is not good imo.
    hehe, I opted to watch "Lord of War" first with Nicolas Cage... wasn't too bad.

I'll watch 2 for the Money tomorrow..

Rented --"The Man".. Samuel Jackson.. looks like it might be funny.

Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Roody
    College ball is even worse when it comes to blown calls though. Shoot, look at the title game and Vince Young's obvious "knee down" play that wasn't called.
    Texas would have scored anyways. They were just leaving enough time on the clock for USC to do something before the end of the 1/2.
    Respect it.

hehe, I opted to watch "Lord of War" first with Nicolas Cage... wasn't too bad.

I'll watch 2 for the Money tomorrow..

Rented --"The Man".. Samuel Jackson.. looks like it might be funny.
    Yeah I really dug Lord of War

LgndKller20073
    I strongly feel the NFL is rigged. Is it coincidence that right after 9/11 the Patriots, after starting 0-3, win the division and #1 seed? And the infamous "tuck rule" just so happened that year? No, it's rigged...this year is all about the Jerome Bettis sympathy story. The Super Bowl is in his hometown, and in 13 years, he's never played in the Super Bowl, and he NEEDS a ring to finalize his illustrious career. How else would you explain the BLOWN kick by Vanderjagt last week? How does the most accurate kicker in the history of the NFL miss a kick that wide right, especially in a dome with no wind? Money exchanges hands and therefore with Pittsburgh heading to the Super Bowl, Jerome Bettis can finally get his ring and retire, in his hometown.

Quote Originally Posted by LgndKller20073
    I strongly feel the NFL is rigged. Is it coincidence that right after 9/11 the Patriots, after starting 0-3, win the division and #1 seed? And the infamous "tuck rule" just so happened that year? No, it's rigged...this year is all about the Jerome Bettis sympathy story. The Super Bowl is in his hometown, and in 13 years, he's never played in the Super Bowl, and he NEEDS a ring to finalize his illustrious career. How else would you explain the BLOWN kick by Vanderjagt last week? How does the most accurate kicker in the history of the NFL miss a kick that wide right, especially in a dome with no wind? Money exchanges hands and therefore with Pittsburgh heading to the Super Bowl, Jerome Bettis can finally get his ring and retire, in his hometown.
    So every other team the Patriots played that year were involved in "the fix" and it never got out to the media, even though NFL football is the 2nd most written about sport on the planet. The NFL decided though to shut the most accurate QB in history out of a SB in Dan Marino though...why? They also decided to get the Bills to the SB 4 times in a row but just to show them SOB's in Buffalo who's boss they had the Bills tank every single one. Jerome Bettis....the heart of Pittsburgh for the last decade no doubt but an otherwise average HB is getting a free ride to the SB again with all these teams involved......Also no one really outside of the Pittsburgh area and possibly LA gives two craps if Bettis wins a SB or not he is often not even mentioned when talking about RB's in general. As for Vanderchoke a 46yrd FG is hardly a gimme. Those are missed every Sunday in the NFL by the best kickers...... Back to the fix, then the.......whoever is fixing these games says....hey after all this hard work of keeping a few thousand people quiet every year, and we got everyone watching.......I want to see some blowouts out there. I mean I want people to turn off these games your getting beat so bad. Why are they fixing these games again? This is a much different era then when the black sox scandel took place and the main reason those guys threw that series was to get back at a horrible employer that was creative with his checkbook to say the least. What motivation do any of the main players have in throwing games in this era? Money? Why risk your millons in salary......just doesn't add up

Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 64bit
    an otherwise average HB

LMAO!!!

5th all time rushing is now average.....

WOW!
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

J B K M

Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!